Windows 10: Excel will not run without App

Discus and support Excel will not run without App in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I was cleaning up WindowsApps and VBA would not run if I deleted: Microsoft.Office.Desktop_16051.11126.20266.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by rdwray, Apr 25, 2020.

1. rdwray Win User

Excel will not run without App

I was cleaning up WindowsApps and VBA would not run if I deleted:
    Microsoft.Office.Desktop_16051.11126.20266.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Microsoft.Office.Desktop_16051.11126.20266.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe

I removed the apps and uninstalled Office and reinstalled it and it still failed saying that VBE6EXT.OLB is missing even though it was present in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA\VBA6\. After restoring the apps and not doing anything else, VBA ran.

It is my understanding that these apps were connected to Office16, how is it messing up Office10?

:)

rdwray, Apr 25, 2020

2. Excel run in background too many process

Hello,

The multiple Excel process running on your Windows 10 device might be due to a misconfiguration of your add-ins or extensions. That being said, we'll need more information to properly address your concern. Please answer the following:

• When did the issue start?
    • Does the issue occur after startup?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you using a macro on any of your workbooks?

In the meantime, we recommend running Excel in safe mode to identify if any of your add-ins or extensions is causing the issue to happen. For the steps on how to run Excel in safe mode, please refer to this
    support article.
    Follow the steps under the section: Use the /safe option to open an Office application.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Apr 25, 2020
  3. ddelo Win User
    Export All Administrative Events to Excel

To analyze events, from the Windows Event Viewer, there is a simple way to export all Administrative Events to Excel, with PowerShell.

Exporting all Administrative Events to Excel is a simple two Step process, as described here:

Step 1 - Create the Administrative Events View .xml file
    1. Open Eventviewer (%windir%\system32\eventvwr.msc)
    2. Navigate to: Event Viewer (Local) > Custom Views > Administrative Events
    3. In the “Actions” pane select “Filter Current Custom View”.
    4. Select the the XML tab.
    5. Press Ctrl+A to select all the XML code of the Custom View.
    6. Open a notepad, paste the selected code and save the file to your Desktop as AdmEvtView.xml

Step 2 - Create the csv file with the events
    1. Download the ExportEvtCSV.zip file, which contains the script ExportEvtCSV.ps1 and unzip it, on your Desktop.
      It's not a fancy script, just basic PowerShell commands to create a csv file on the Desktop.
    2. In Windows Search, type “ISE” (without the quotes) to open “Windows PowerShell ISE” and Run as administrator
    3. To allow running the script, change the ExecutionPolicy, for this session. To do that, in the Console pane type:
      Code:
    4. In the Windows PowerShell ISE, open and run the script: ExportEvtCSV.ps1
      The script will create a csv file with a name YYYYMMDD.HHMM.csv on the Desktop
    5. When done, open the newly created .csv file, format the columns as needed and optionally save it as .xlsx, if you wish.
    That’s it! You now have all the Administrative Events in Excel for filtering and further analysis. Excel will not run without App :)

Now to the more technical hard stuff... *Confused

There is a reason for running the script from within PowerShell ISE!

It would be great if everything was also working perfectly, when running the script from an elevated PowerShell too.

We can run it from an elevated PowerShell, which means that you just follow the Step 1, as above but for the Step 2 instead of the ISE you run the script from an elevated PowerShell.

The problem is that it will work only for anybody who has en-US format for the dates. Everyone else, who has another format (i.e. en-GB, fr-FR, el-GR etc.), the dates are not translated properly by Excel (although the script uses the –UseCulture switch) and remain as text in the en-US format.

I'm not sure if this a bug of the "export-csv" cmdlet, but although it runs the way it supposed to from within the ISE, from PowerShell there is a problem with the dates format.
    As I haven’t found a way to overcome this obstacle, any suggestion from the PowerShell gurus of the forum (like my good friend Shawn @Brink, for instance), is welcome.

ddelo, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Excel will not run without App :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Excel will not run without App - Similar Threads - Excel run without

2. How to Run an App Without Admin Privileges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Run an App Without Admin Privileges: I was downloading a Roblox fps unlocker and i clicked on the app but it said that I needed admin privileges to run italso i was using the Microsoft client for RobloxI'm just trying to play Roblox with high Fps...
  3. How to Run an App Without Admin Privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Run an App Without Admin Privileges: I was downloading a Roblox fps unlocker and i clicked on the app but it said that I needed admin privileges to run italso i was using the Microsoft client for RobloxI'm just trying to play Roblox with high Fps...
  4. How to Run an App Without Admin Privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Excel VBA -- Why are some functions running without being called?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel VBA -- Why are some functions running without being called?: Stepping through some code while debugging, I find that some functions are being run without my explicit calling them! The Call Stack shows, preceding the function call, "[<Non-Basic Code>]" I did have some Application.Volatile statements but commenting them all out did not...
  6. Excel VBA -- Why are some functions running without being called?

Excel VBA -- Why are some functions running without being called?: Stepping through some code while debugging, I find that some functions are being run without my explicit calling them! The Call Stack shows, preceding the function call, "[<Non-Basic Code>]" I did have some Application.Volatile statements but commenting them all out did not...
  7. Excel VBA -- Why are some functions running without being called?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Run apps without Administrator privilege

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run apps without Administrator privilege: HelloWhen I run PowerShell or Command Prompt program, they are started with Administrator privilege, that is, their window title is following Administrator: Windows PowerShell, Administrator: Command Prompt. Of course, my login account is "sun", which have Administrator...
  9. Run apps without Administrator privilege

Run apps without Administrator privilege: HelloWhen I run PowerShell or Command Prompt program, they are started with Administrator privilege, that is, their window title is following Administrator: Windows PowerShell, Administrator: Command Prompt. Of course, my login account is "sun", which have Administrator...
  10. Run apps without Administrator privilege

in Windows 10 Customization