Windows 10: excel won't open with double click

Discus and support excel won't open with double click in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; excel macro won't open another excel file as double clicking only opens a blank excel screen#... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BarrieFlooks, Nov 19, 2019.

1. excel won't open with double click

excel macro won't open another excel file as double clicking only opens a blank excel screen#

:)

BarrieFlooks, Nov 19, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!

Hi, you say Excel is installed. Does it run normally?

You can't find Excel in (an unspecified) list of applications. I don't know which list that is for sure.

For example, in the list related to:
    - rt click a file. Open With
    - this list:

excel won't open with double click [​IMG]

- this list:

excel won't open with double click [​IMG]

- some other list...

If Excel does not appear in the above, I suggest you repair your office installation.

Maybe the above gives you some ideas. Otherwise please post a screenshot of where you think you should see it but don't. Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 19, 2019
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. excel won't open with double click

windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

excel won't open with double click

1. excel won't open with double click - Similar Threads - excel won't open

2. double clicking on Excel and Word Icons in task bar doesn't open the program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    double clicking on Excel and Word Icons in task bar doesn't open the program: When I double click on the Excel and Word icon on my taskbar nothing happens. I have to right click on icon and then run as administrator. This doesn't happen with any of my other icons on my taskbar....
  3. double clicking on Excel and Word Icons in task bar doesn't open the program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    double clicking on Excel and Word Icons in task bar doesn't open the program: When I double click on the Excel and Word icon on my taskbar nothing happens. I have to right click on icon and then run as administrator. This doesn't happen with any of my other icons on my taskbar....
  4. Excel right click context menu won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel right click context menu won't open: Windows 10 Pro 21H2, Excel 365 vers 2207. The right click context menu won't open until tried 3 times, it flashes open then closes. I have identified the problem as the cursor size setting. If you set the size to anything bigger than 2 the problem appears. Set it back to 1 or...
  5. Excel right click context menu won't open

Excel right click context menu won't open: Windows 10 Pro 21H2, Excel 365 vers 2207. The right click context menu won't open until tried 3 times, it flashes open then closes. I have identified the problem as the cursor size setting. If you set the size to anything bigger than 2 the problem appears. Set it back to 1 or...
  6. Double clicking excel file open a blank grey screen in desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Double clicking excel file open a blank grey screen in desktop: I got grey blank screen when I double click to open an excel file created and saved on my desktop and also an excel file from other source e.g. from a colleague stored in an USB...
  7. Double clicking excel file open a blank grey screen in desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double clicking excel file open a blank grey screen in desktop: I got grey blank screen when I double click to open an excel file created and saved on my desktop and also an excel file from other source e.g. from a colleague stored in an USB...
  8. Double clicking excel file open a blank grey screen in desktop

9. Double click on the folder is not opening it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Double click on the folder is not opening it: Folder on this location is not opening on double-click: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans What to do? Goran https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-on-the-folder-is-not-opening-it/aa21da0d-6dd6-4fa8-8573-baa846f4454a
  10. apps won't open by double clicking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    apps won't open by double clicking: Apps on my desktop won't open when I double click on them. This is happening on both of my desktops. I'm wondering if it has something to do with a recent upgrade from windows....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WINDOWS 10 EXCEL WONT OPEN WITH DOUBLE CLICK