Windows 10: excel workbook replaced by internet explorer

Discus and support excel workbook replaced by internet explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; excel workbook replaced by internet explorer not by my doing how can I get excel workbook back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by John Harper 57, Feb 24, 2020.

1. excel workbook replaced by internet explorer

excel workbook replaced by internet explorer not by my doing

how can I get excel workbook back

:)

John Harper 57, Feb 24, 2020
  2. AEOUserID Win User

Excel Taskbar Icon not showing pinned workbooks

The Office 365 Excel Taskbar icon will not show list of pinned workbooks. I have to open Excel and then select from pinned workbooks.

The windows update assistant was used to do an update install, keep programs and files.

Win10 x64 version 1909 (OS build 18262.657)

AEOUserID, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Tony K Win User
    Some but not all Excel workbooks appear in taskbar.

Welcome to Windows Ten Forums, ju severn and restexas.

Don't know why you're having the issue and I don't have Office installed on my 10, but have in 8.1. I also have not had that many Excel workbooks opened to know if perhaps there's a limit to the list set in Office or in 10. I worked more with seperate sheets in a workbook rather than separate workbooks. However, for now to keep you working without the distraction, could you open a separate instance of Excel and work with it that way? Somewhat of a PITA I know, but that may work for now until resolved.

Tony K, Feb 24, 2020
  4. excel workbook replaced by internet explorer

problem in launching MS Excel from File Explorer

hi all,

I have found the fix as follows:-

Resolution

To resolve this problem, try the following methods, as appropriate, in the given order. Method 1: Ignore DDE
    This problem may occur if the Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) check box in Excel options is selected.

When you double-click an Excel workbook in Windows Explorer, a dynamic data exchange (DDE) message is sent to Excel. This message instructs Excel to open the workbook that you double-clicked.

If you select the "Ignore" option, Excel ignores DDE messages that are sent to it by other programs. Therefore, the DDE message that is sent to Excel by Windows Explorer is ignored, and Excel does not open the workbook that you double-clicked.

To correct this setting, follow these steps:
    • On the Tools menu, click Options.
    • Click the General tab.
    • Clear the Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) check box, and then click
      OK.

JoelLee1610, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

excel workbook replaced by internet explorer

1. excel workbook replaced by internet explorer - Similar Threads - excel workbook replaced

2. Excel Workbook Not Saving with Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel Workbook Not Saving with Password: We use Windows 11 on our desktops. Our office switched to 365 a few months ago. Ever since then, we cannot save an Excel workbook using the password while all other users are in read only. No other staff has the password. The error message just says "Document Not Saved." I am...
  3. Excel Workbook Not Saving with Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel Workbook Not Saving with Password: We use Windows 11 on our desktops. Our office switched to 365 a few months ago. Ever since then, we cannot save an Excel workbook using the password while all other users are in read only. No other staff has the password. The error message just says "Document Not Saved." I am...
  4. When attempting to "restore down" an Excel Workbook, the workbook appears to disappear.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When attempting to "restore down" an Excel Workbook, the workbook appears to disappear.: When hovering over the Excel icon in the toolbar, the workbook I have restored down appears as a thin box. However, I cannot locate the restored down workbook to resize it. It is not visible anywhere on the desktop. After hovering over the toolbar icon, I can right-click the...
  5. When attempting to "restore down" an Excel Workbook, the workbook appears to disappear.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When attempting to "restore down" an Excel Workbook, the workbook appears to disappear.: When hovering over the Excel icon in the toolbar, the workbook I have restored down appears as a thin box. However, I cannot locate the restored down workbook to resize it. It is not visible anywhere on the desktop. After hovering over the toolbar icon, I can right-click the...
  6. When attempting to "restore down" an Excel Workbook, the workbook appears to disappear.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Replace internet explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Replace internet explorer: Hello people, I need help, I hope you can help me, I want to open the same browser with a single user in different terminals, the only browser that does it is Explorer, with the same user amount I can open the Internet Explorer as many times as I want, but if I want to open...
  8. EXCEL - SHARING OF A WORKBOOK WITH MULTI USERS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EXCEL - SHARING OF A WORKBOOK WITH MULTI USERS: I have created a master workbook and need to share this with multiple users. Each user only needs to see the columns and rows applicable to them other users info must be hidden and I then need to merge these files so that all the information pulls through to my master...
  9. Use Excel workbooks on multiple desktops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use Excel workbooks on multiple desktops: Hello! The problem I’m having is I want to use 2 desktops with a different excel workbook in each desktop. When I open an excel workbook in desktop 2, my computer switches to desktop 1 and opens the excel workbook there with the already existing workbook. This is annoying....
  10. Microsoft Excel Workbook on Different PC's

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Excel Workbook on Different PC's: We have a shared excel spreadsheet master that when opened appears correct on my PC. There is a formula IF cell D1 = A, E1 =25, IF cell D1 = B, E1 = 30, IF cell D1 = C, E1 = 35. Cell D1 has a drop down box and when the spreadsheet is opened default is set to A so E1 reads...