Windows 10: Excel Worksheet in Drive G

Discus and support Excel Worksheet in Drive G in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I did something to make a worksheet that I had prepared in Excel to go to my external drive G. Now each time I need to get the worksheet for some... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by metromiami74, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Excel Worksheet in Drive G

I did something to make a worksheet that I had prepared in Excel to go to my external drive G. Now each time I need to get the worksheet for some reason it tells me that it is not there, but I can see it in the external drive. I want to it on drive C.
    Suggestions?

:)

metromiami74, Jul 4, 2016

2. Not all opened excel worksheets in the grouping icon are showing up on the task bar

I've got 3 excel worksheets open (excel 2010 window 10), while I click on the icon on the task bar, where all worksheet windows group into, I can only see 2 work sheets and the 3rd worksheet is not showing up.

I can navigate to the "disappeared" worksheet by using Alt+Tab, but it is quite annoying. Does anyone else have the same problem? Does anyone know how to get this fixed?

Much appreciated.

Gumtree406, Jul 4, 2016
  3. Alt-Tab in Windows 10

Now, Copy - Paste from one worksheet cell to another worksheet cell does not work at all. The normal options for Paste are not available. It wants to copy it as an Excel Worksheet 3 object.

CurtCowley, Jul 4, 2016
  4. strollin Win User

Excel Worksheet in Drive G

Why not copy & paste or move the worksheet from the G: drive to the C: drive if that's what you want. What's stopping you?

strollin, Jul 4, 2016
  5. simrick Win User
    If you saved the worksheet on C drive in Excel, that's where it will look for it. If you moved it to drive G (even by accident), Excel is still looking for it at the last known location where you saved it. If you open Excel and navigate to the location on the G drive where you know it is, then open it, and "save as" to the original location on the C drive, Excel will know where it is, and you will be able to open it next time from within the Excel program.

simrick, Jul 4, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    If Drive G was the drive assignment by the OS, you can be seeing a ghost that happens with Windows 10, when the OS does not properly let go of the device.

We call this a Phantom Drive, when the UUID is still assigned to a drive letter. Most people find this happens with Fast Startup. See if the following works for you. Just remember to replace the Phantom Drive letter in the command shown. "The command to remove a drive letter - which shouldn't be needed, but hey, Win10, there are still some bugs - is mountvol <drive> /D, so for you it would be mountvol S: /D and mountvol T: /D. You can also try mountvol /R, which should remove all drive letter assignments for which there is no currently mounted drive. You can also try using /P in place of /D, but it's intended to be used while the volume is actually present.

You can also use the remove command in diskpart to remove drive letter assignments. You mentioned using mountvol to try re-assigning the drive letters but didn't mention trying to remove them. I'm pretty sure it just calls the same APIs as mountvol, actually.

All of these commands will need to be run as Administrator, naturally."

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Excel Worksheet in Drive G

1. Excel Worksheet in Drive G - Similar Threads - Excel Worksheet Drive

2. How do I save a new Excel worksheet to my E & G Drives. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I save a new Excel worksheet to my E & G Drives. Windows 10: I've just created a new Excel worksheet and saved it on my C drive.I want to save it on my E File History and G Daily drives as well but it's been rather a long time since I created a new Excel worksheet and I've forgotten what to do. Can you help me please?PS I can't find...
  3. How do I save a new Excel worksheet to my E & G Drives. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I save a new Excel worksheet to my E & G Drives. Windows 10: I've just created a new Excel worksheet and saved it on my C drive.I want to save it on my E File History and G Daily drives as well but it's been rather a long time since I created a new Excel worksheet and I've forgotten what to do. Can you help me please?PS I can't find...
  4. How do I save a new Excel worksheet to my E & G Drives. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Help with emailing an excel worksheet

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Help with emailing an excel worksheet: Hello, all I'm a relative novice at writing VBA code and don't pretend to very knowledgeable about computers but I persevere and usually get somewhere but I've been stuck for months on what, I'm sure, ought to be a simple task. Quite simply, all I want to do is write a...
  6. Help with emailing an excel worksheet

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with emailing an excel worksheet: Hello, all I'm a relative novice at writing VBA code and don't pretend to very knowledgeable about computers but I persevere and usually get somewhere but I've been stuck for months on what, I'm sure, ought to be a simple task. Quite simply, all I want to do is write a...
  7. microsoft excel worksheet

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft excel worksheet: I had an update on my windows 10 program last couple of weeks and when I check all of my files they lost them where are all of my files you lost? I had a tech trying to scam what do I do when I lost all of my personal; files including the Microsoft excel spreadsheet....
  8. EXCEL WORKSHEETS MOVING

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EXCEL WORKSHEETS MOVING: Hi, I am trying once again to get an answer to what appears to be a simple request but I cannot solve it. I have 12 excel worksheets on my desktop (windows 10) they are labelled January through to December but each time I edit one of the worksheets I save it and it goes to a...
  9. Excel worksheet from pc to tablet

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel worksheet from pc to tablet: I am running latest window update. 64 bit. I often prepare excel worksheets on my pc. The files are syncing OK but when I make updates on my pc, they do not update on the tablet. What am I not doing. 112960
  10. Updating excel worksheet from pc to tablet

in Windows 10 Support
    Updating excel worksheet from pc to tablet: I am running latest window update. 64 bit. I often prepare excel worksheets on my pc. The files are syncing OK but when I make updates on my pc, they do not update on the tablet. What am I not doing. 112960