Windows 10: Excel worksheet suddenly stops responding to keyboard

Discus and support Excel worksheet suddenly stops responding to keyboard in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Office 365. In one Excel file which has several worksheets, one of the worksheets alsways the same one will suddenly not respond to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BevTall, Oct 10, 2020.

1. BevTall Win User

Excel worksheet suddenly stops responding to keyboard

I have Office 365. In one Excel file which has several worksheets, one of the worksheets alsways the same one will suddenly not respond to the keyboard. If I go to another worksheet in the file and type, the keyboard works, and it then works on the worksheet that was not responding. But only for awhile and then it happens again. I see it was a problem in the past 2017 but don't see a solution.

:)

BevTall, Oct 10, 2020

2. Excel Worksheet in Drive G

I did something to make a worksheet that I had prepared in Excel to go to my external drive G. Now each time I need to get the worksheet for some reason it tells me that it is not there, but I can see it in the external drive. I want to it on drive C.
    Suggestions?

metromiami74, Oct 10, 2020
  3. simrick Win User
    Excel Worksheet in Drive G

If you saved the worksheet on C drive in Excel, that's where it will look for it. If you moved it to drive G (even by accident), Excel is still looking for it at the last known location where you saved it. If you open Excel and navigate to the location on the G drive where you know it is, then open it, and "save as" to the original location on the C drive, Excel will know where it is, and you will be able to open it next time from within the Excel program.

simrick, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Excel Stops Responding to Keyboard

Hi Liz,

This is a rather strange issue that you're having here, since you've done most of the troubleshooting steps already, to no avail. You even made your way in replacing your PC and keyboard, but none of these helped.

Nevertheless, let's try to think outside the box here. Can you try booting your PC in
    Safe Mode, and see if it helps? We're suggesting this to eliminate any possibilities of other app or program
    interfering with either Excel or your keyboard.

Since you have the Office 2013, we would also suggest that you check if this issue is existent with other Office apps, as a part of the elimination process. Try out Word or Powerpoint and see if the issue persists using the new keyboard that you have.

Let us know the outcome. We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Excel worksheet suddenly stops responding to keyboard - Similar Threads - Excel worksheet suddenly

2. Keyboard stops responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard stops responding: Hi,I have recently bought an HP desktop with Windows 11 version 21H2. Although I have set both the Display and the Computer power options to never switch off, the keyboard stops working after a couple of hours but the mouse keeps working OK. The PC then has to be rebooted to...
  3. Keyboard stops responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard stops responding: Hi,I have recently bought an HP desktop with Windows 11 version 21H2. Although I have set both the Display and the Computer power options to never switch off, the keyboard stops working after a couple of hours but the mouse keeps working OK. The PC then has to be rebooted to...
  4. Zoom suddenly stops responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Zoom suddenly stops responding: I am using a lot more Zoom lately, but there is a very annoying problem that keeps repeating. When I am in a meeting Zoom suddenly stops responding. I can hear the audio, but I cant click anywhere or see the screenshare, cameras. Zoom support is practically non existing for...
  5. Help with emailing an excel worksheet

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Help with emailing an excel worksheet: Hello, all I'm a relative novice at writing VBA code and don't pretend to very knowledgeable about computers but I persevere and usually get somewhere but I've been stuck for months on what, I'm sure, ought to be a simple task. Quite simply, all I want to do is write a...
  6. Help with emailing an excel worksheet

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with emailing an excel worksheet: Hello, all I'm a relative novice at writing VBA code and don't pretend to very knowledgeable about computers but I persevere and usually get somewhere but I've been stuck for months on what, I'm sure, ought to be a simple task. Quite simply, all I want to do is write a...
  7. microsoft excel worksheet

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft excel worksheet: I had an update on my windows 10 program last couple of weeks and when I check all of my files they lost them where are all of my files you lost? I had a tech trying to scam what do I do when I lost all of my personal; files including the Microsoft excel spreadsheet....
  8. EXCEL WORKSHEETS MOVING

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EXCEL WORKSHEETS MOVING: Hi, I am trying once again to get an answer to what appears to be a simple request but I cannot solve it. I have 12 excel worksheets on my desktop (windows 10) they are labelled January through to December but each time I edit one of the worksheets I save it and it goes to a...
  9. Excel worksheet from pc to tablet

Excel worksheet from pc to tablet: I am running latest window update. 64 bit. I often prepare excel worksheets on my pc. The files are syncing OK but when I make updates on my pc, they do not update on the tablet. What am I not doing. 112960
  10. Excel Worksheet in Drive G

Excel Worksheet in Drive G: I did something to make a worksheet that I had prepared in Excel to go to my external drive G. Now each time I need to get the worksheet for some reason it tells me that it is not there, but I can see it in the external drive. I want to it on drive C. Suggestions? 55292