Windows 10: excel

Discus and support excel in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I just downloaded and installed Excel, however, I was sent an email with xls spreadsheet which won't open, why? Is my program not working or perhaps... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by DANIELBLAU, Sep 18, 2019.

1. excel

I just downloaded and installed Excel, however, I was sent an email with xls spreadsheet which won't open, why? Is my program not working or perhaps the wrong version? All I get is gobble-d-goop on a notepad format.

:)

DANIELBLAU, Sep 18, 2019
  2. ddelo Win User

Export All Administrative Events to Excel

To analyze events, from the Windows Event Viewer, there is a simple way to export all Administrative Events to Excel, with PowerShell.

Exporting all Administrative Events to Excel is a simple two Step process, as described here:

Step 1 - Create the Administrative Events View .xml file
    1. Open Eventviewer (%windir%\system32\eventvwr.msc)
    2. Navigate to: Event Viewer (Local) > Custom Views > Administrative Events
    3. In the “Actions” pane select “Filter Current Custom View”.
    4. Select the the XML tab.
    5. Press Ctrl+A to select all the XML code of the Custom View.
    6. Open a notepad, paste the selected code and save the file to your Desktop as AdmEvtView.xml

Step 2 - Create the csv file with the events
    1. Download the ExportEvtCSV.zip file, which contains the script ExportEvtCSV.ps1 and unzip it, on your Desktop.
      It's not a fancy script, just basic PowerShell commands to create a csv file on the Desktop.
    2. In Windows Search, type “ISE” (without the quotes) to open “Windows PowerShell ISE” and Run as administrator
    3. To allow running the script, change the ExecutionPolicy, for this session. To do that, in the Console pane type:
      Code:
      Code:
      Set-ExecutionPolicy -Scope Process -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -force
    4. In the Windows PowerShell ISE, open and run the script: ExportEvtCSV.ps1
      The script will create a csv file with a name YYYYMMDD.HHMM.csv on the Desktop
    5. When done, open the newly created .csv file, format the columns as needed and optionally save it as .xlsx, if you wish.
    That’s it! You now have all the Administrative Events in Excel for filtering and further analysis. excel :)

Now to the more technical hard stuff... *Confused

There is a reason for running the script from within PowerShell ISE!

It would be great if everything was also working perfectly, when running the script from an elevated PowerShell too.

We can run it from an elevated PowerShell, which means that you just follow the Step 1, as above but for the Step 2 instead of the ISE you run the script from an elevated PowerShell.

The problem is that it will work only for anybody who has en-US format for the dates. Everyone else, who has another format (i.e. en-GB, fr-FR, el-GR etc.), the dates are not translated properly by Excel (although the script uses the –UseCulture switch) and remain as text in the en-US format.

I'm not sure if this a bug of the "export-csv" cmdlet, but although it runs the way it supposed to from within the ISE, from PowerShell there is a problem with the dates format.
    As I haven’t found a way to overcome this obstacle, any suggestion from the PowerShell gurus of the forum (like my good friend Shawn @Brink, for instance), is welcome.

ddelo, Sep 18, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!

Hi, you say Excel is installed. Does it run normally?

You can't find Excel in (an unspecified) list of applications. I don't know which list that is for sure.

For example, in the list related to:
    - rt click a file. Open With
    - this list:

excel [​IMG]

- this list:

excel [​IMG]

- some other list...

If Excel does not appear in the above, I suggest you repair your office installation.

Maybe the above gives you some ideas. Otherwise please post a screenshot of where you think you should see it but don't. Thanks.

dalchina, Sep 18, 2019
  4. excel

Excel printing

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Does this issue only occur with Excel file or nay other files?

Try to copy the excel file to the other drive and check if it is working?

Run Print Troubleshooter

The built-in Printer Troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues while printing. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with the sound. Refer
    top these steps:

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the
      view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Printer troubleshooter and follow the online instructions.

If this doesn’t help. Try to repair the Microsoft Office Application.

Do let us know if you have any other queries pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

excel

1. excel - Similar Threads - excel

2. Mediocre sound quality despite excellent speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mediocre sound quality despite excellent speakers: I have just gotten a new Win laptop - MSI Stealth 16, supposedly a great laptop - and have been struggling to get good, acceptable sound quality. I come from an old mac, where the sound was terrific. What's problematic:I've tried various equalisers in Win 11 including Boom,...
  3. Mediocre sound quality despite excellent speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mediocre sound quality despite excellent speakers: I have just gotten a new Win laptop - MSI Stealth 16, supposedly a great laptop - and have been struggling to get good, acceptable sound quality. I come from an old mac, where the sound was terrific. What's problematic:I've tried various equalisers in Win 11 including Boom,...
  4. Cursor jumping around in excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor jumping around in excel: Whenever I am in an excel workbook my cursor jumps around randomly for no apparent reason. This only occurs when I am in an excel workbook so I do not think it is an issue with my mouse / trackpad itself. It occurs regardless of if I am using my track pad or a mouse.I have...
  5. Cursor jumping around in excel

Cursor jumping around in excel: Whenever I am in an excel workbook my cursor jumps around randomly for no apparent reason. This only occurs when I am in an excel workbook so I do not think it is an issue with my mouse / trackpad itself. It occurs regardless of if I am using my track pad or a mouse.I have...
  6. I'm not able to save my excel file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm not able to save my excel file: I'm not able to save my excel file.I need a live person to talk to. Is there a phone number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-not-able-to-save-my-excel-file/e7d641d3-234f-4576-9ec6-91cc85e14e78
  7. I'm not able to save my excel file

I'm not able to save my excel file: I'm not able to save my excel file.I need a live person to talk to. Is there a phone number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-not-able-to-save-my-excel-file/e7d641d3-234f-4576-9ec6-91cc85e14e78
  8. how can I import hyperlinked files to excel since the return to classic view is not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I import hyperlinked files to excel since the return to classic view is not working?: how can I import hyperlinked files to excel since the return to classic view is not working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-import-hyperlinked-files-to-excel-since/0be4d3ad-9042-40a2-8c00-4b2d8deee5e2
  9. how can I import hyperlinked files to excel since the return to classic view is not working?

how can I import hyperlinked files to excel since the return to classic view is not working?: how can I import hyperlinked files to excel since the return to classic view is not working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-import-hyperlinked-files-to-excel-since/0be4d3ad-9042-40a2-8c00-4b2d8deee5e2
  10. how can I import hyperlinked files to excel since the return to classic view is not working?

in Windows 10 Customization