Windows 10: excell crashes because of add-ins. How do I return to default settings

Discus and support excell crashes because of add-ins. How do I return to default settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Excel now crashes whenever I try to print or use cell colours. How do I return to default settings?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CaroleBrougham, Nov 20, 2019.

1. excell crashes because of add-ins. How do I return to default settings

Excel now crashes whenever I try to print or use cell colours. How do I return to default settings?

:)

CaroleBrougham, Nov 20, 2019

2. windows 10 upgrade is crashing office 2013 - word/excel

That worked for Word but not Excel. Excel did not have any add ins active. It will open fine in safe mode tho but as soon as i open a new spreadsheet in normal mode it crashes, any other suggestions?

Troy Cooksey, Nov 20, 2019
  3. How to make Excel stop prompting to set a default app.

(1) It is difficult to set a default SPREADSHEET app: the initial page only lists 6 types of default apps, and "spreadsheet" is not one of them. Then, if you try to "Choose default apps by protocol", there is no spreadsheet listing.

2) Then, when you "Choose default apps by file type", and set Excel as the default app for the major ones (including .xlsx), Excel still prompts me to set one.

3) Then, when I went back to "Choose default apps by file type", and tried to set an app for the remaining types that have description "Microsoft Excel...." -- for example ".xld" (Microsoft Excel 5.0 DialogSheet), and ".xlxml" (Microsoft Excel XML Worksheet),
    then Microsoft Excel IS NOT OFFERED as an app -- only "Look for an app in the store". (This, even though I have Excel 2016 installed, and have ALREADY SET it as the default for other file types.) And then, if you go to Excel and select "Excel 2016" at the
    store... THAT DOESN'T SET IT AS THE DEFAULT, EITHER.

(Since there is no longer a Microsoft Connect, available to non-developers, this is posted here.)

Doug_Ivison, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

excell crashes because of add-ins. How do I return to default settings

In Windows 10 how do I return the font on my desktop icons to the default setting?

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to restore to default font settings in windows 10.

• Type fonts in the search and press enter

• Click on Font settings

• Click on Restore default font settings.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

excell crashes because of add-ins. How do I return to default settings

1. excell crashes because of add-ins. How do I return to default settings - Similar Threads - excell crashes add

2. Office Add-ins do not appear in Excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office Add-ins do not appear in Excel: I previously signed into Excel with a work account which I then removed. It appears now that when using my personal account no Add-ins show up in Excel. Nor does the Microsoft store. I created another user account to see if the same problem would occur. This account was just...
  3. Office Add-ins do not appear in Excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office Add-ins do not appear in Excel: I previously signed into Excel with a work account which I then removed. It appears now that when using my personal account no Add-ins show up in Excel. Nor does the Microsoft store. I created another user account to see if the same problem would occur. This account was just...
  4. Chrome add-ins

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome add-ins: What are the pros and cons of Chrome addition in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-add-ins/85f2526f-f7fb-476c-afc0-8c8b3c54242c
  5. Chrome add-ins

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome add-ins: What are the pros and cons of Chrome addition in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-add-ins/85f2526f-f7fb-476c-afc0-8c8b3c54242c
  6. How do I return the colors back to the default setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I return the colors back to the default setting: So I decided to turn on eye saver mode which was fine until I realized I was unable to see highlighted text in Word. I went back to remove or turn off eye saver mode and could not fine the switch. In order to complete working I played around with the colors until I was able...
  7. settings return to default with reboot/startup

settings return to default with reboot/startup: This started on the morning of Oct 21 at 8a central. The most recent Windows updates were installed Sep 30. Upon each reboot/startup, everything on the machine reverts to default setting: time/date format display settings all apps default back to the original app...
  8. How do I set a default

How do I set a default: I want to set Libre office but it keeps going back to WPS, how can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-a-default/e3bb7e07-68e1-4200-b460-cf2e1d39fbd1
  9. How do I set Windows to it's default settings?

How do I set Windows to it's default settings?: I am using windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-set-windows-to-its-default-settings/24530a82-b15f-4b57-a10c-8b3146961714
  10. Outlook 365 Add-ins

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 365 Add-ins: I use Outlook for my e-mail and it is set up to handle three e-mail addresses that I have. I notice that the Outlook add-ins are only available if I use my Microsoft e-mail address. *Sad Anyone know how to get them to work with non-Microsoft e-mail addresses? 107274