Windows 10: Excellent cookie cleaner sought (not Ccleaner) - ideas?

Discus and support Excellent cookie cleaner sought (not Ccleaner) - ideas? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I need a program that comprehensively lists cookies and allows certain ones to be kept (i.e. not deleted). Ccleaner lists cookies, and you can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dalchina, Sep 2, 2019.

1. dalchina Win User

Excellent cookie cleaner sought (not Ccleaner) - ideas?

Hi, I need a program that comprehensively lists cookies and allows certain ones to be kept (i.e. not deleted).

Ccleaner lists cookies, and you can choose to search and drag them to a 'keep' list. But Ccleaner only lists a few cookies- when I use Firefox to view its cookies, it lists many many more.

Ideally a new cleaning program would do what Ccleaner does, but handle cookies much better, and list all of them.

What's the problem?
    Changes in UK bank security mean that banks are using more cookies to record devices as 'trusted'. Soon this will mean receiving a code e.g. by text so as to 'trust' the PC being use.

Ccleaner does not list the latest cookie used as one to be potentially kept, so it deletes it. Thus next time I log in to that bank, I get 3 extra prompts to respond to to trust my device again.

(Yes.. you're ahead of me... why are the banks using transient data to do this? I suppose 'cos it's an easy option... and oh, that's the browser on that PC you're trusting- use a different browser and your PC isn't trusted again... ).

If you know of a cleaning program that's much better than Ccleaner at listing cookies..please let me know.. thanks!

:)

dalchina, Sep 2, 2019

2. ccleaner

Does anyone use ccleaner?? I know some people that use it and say its amazing! Any suggestions on a better small scale computer cleaner?

michaeltyson, Sep 2, 2019
  3. pc cleaner other than ccleaner?

Sir'

I recently upgraded my pc to win 10, currently I am using ccleaner to clean junk, I want to remove this one.Pl. suggest a best pc cleaner app available in Microsoft store.

Thanks.

* Moved from Community Participation Center

* Original title: pc cleaner

praveenMulgund, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Excellent cookie cleaner sought (not Ccleaner) - ideas?

CCleaner Safe?

I love to use CCleaner to remove temporary files and cookies but is the registry cleaner acctually safe to use? Would I be best off avoiding using it?

BababooeyHTJ, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Excellent cookie cleaner sought (not Ccleaner) - ideas?

1. Excellent cookie cleaner sought (not Ccleaner) - ideas? - Similar Threads - Excellent cookie cleaner

2. Is Ccleaner still good to use? Any other cleaners?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Ccleaner still good to use? Any other cleaners?: I have used Ccleaner since 2015. But recently, I feel it very annoying.So, is Ccleaner still good to use? I would like to know if there are a different cleaner that better than Ccleaner....
  3. Is Ccleaner still good to use? Any other cleaners?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Ccleaner still good to use? Any other cleaners?: I have used Ccleaner since 2015. But recently, I feel it very annoying.So, is Ccleaner still good to use? I would like to know if there are a different cleaner that better than Ccleaner....
  4. Remedy sought

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remedy sought: Why is there a double entry on file explorer for my attached passport disc partitions,, windows 10, ie Partiton G: is repeated in list of partitons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remedy-sought/a0f30292-b3c9-4391-9d65-747c5b1f34b3"
  5. Stubborn cookies in CCleaner

Stubborn cookies in CCleaner: I posted this problem on Piriform's forum some weeks ago but nobody has responded. After cleaning, I find cookies from bing and msn are still present and I have to right click and erase them myself. What can I do so that they are cleaned during the normal erase procedure? Or...
  6. Do you need ccleaner or 3rd party cleaner for windows 10?

Do you need ccleaner or 3rd party cleaner for windows 10?: So today i just removed some software including my anti virus to get more space on disk and memory. I am afraid there is left over data from the software that i removed. So do i need to use 3rd cleaner such as CCleaner for it? 113932
  7. Do you need ccleaner or 3rd party cleaner for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do you need ccleaner or 3rd party cleaner for windows 10?: So today i just removed some software including my anti virus to get more space on disk and memory. I am afraid there is left over data from the software that i removed. So do i need to use 3rd cleaner such as CCleaner for it? 113932
  8. CCleaner removal of cookies and privacy

CCleaner removal of cookies and privacy: Amazon knows me: hello ..... Although I use a vpn, I am registered by my cookies (I presume). Using CCleaner you are able to clean/remove your cookies. This works for Firefox. Amazon doesnot recognize me anymore. However, it does not work for Internet Explorer (my...
  9. ccleaner run cleaner

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ccleaner run cleaner: I just installed the free ccleaner and I want to know if it is safe to use 'run cleaner' and what the benefits are.*Biggrin 63040
  10. Kaspersky Cleaner For Windows, Freeware CCleaner Alternative

in Windows 10 News
    Kaspersky Cleaner For Windows, Freeware CCleaner Alternative: Kaspersky Cleaner For Windows, Freeware CCleaner Alternative From Kaspersky Lab [img] Kaspersky Lab is well-known security software maker famous for their flagship products Kaspersky Antivirus, Kaspersky Internet Security. Kaspersky Lab recently released Kaspersky...