Windows 10: Excelling at failing Excel

Discus and support Excelling at failing Excel in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; First off, I’m an Excel idiot. I use Word exclusively, and only use Excel when it’s someone else’s document and I don’t have a choice. Now would be one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by novicegeek, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Excelling at failing Excel

First off, I’m an Excel idiot. I use Word exclusively, and only use Excel when it’s someone else’s document and I don’t have a choice. Now would be one of those times. I do want to learn, but right now, I’m an idiot.

At work, there’s an Excel spreadsheet that freezes when trying to sort alphabetically. It hogs the memory so much that we can’t do anything with it. Granted, the computers at work are crap (Intel Pentium G3220 with 4 GB of RAM), but when I put this spreadsheet on my computer at...

Excelling at failing Excel

novicegeek, Aug 9, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

excell

Hi Amaedodgers

Open Excel from its Shortcut, do you get any errors?

Do you get this error with all Excel files?

If you cannot open Excel on its own or you are getting an error on all Excel files, follow these steps to perform a full repair of your Office installation . . .

Open Control Panel - Programs and Features

Click Microsoft Office in the list of installed applications

At the top, click 'Change'

On the resulting dialog, click 'Repair' - choose the Online Repair, it is a comprehensive fix

That should fix any issues with your Office Installation . . .

DaveM121, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Excel isn't opening properly

Hello BradBoner

Does the error pop up as soon as you click on the Excel program to open or once the Excel is opened?

Try the steps below and check if it helps:

Step 1:

Try to open Excel in safe mode and check if it opens:

· Hold Windows key + R.

· Copy and paste, or type the following command in the Open box, and then press Enter:

Excel /safe

Note: There is space between Excel and/

If the issue does not occur in Excel safe, then try to disable add-ins associated with Excel 2013 and check the result.

· Click on File menu, Options and then Add-ins.

· Click on Go button besides Manage: Com-in Add.

· Check if there are add-ins listed, clear the checkbox to disable them.

Step 2:

If the above step fails, try the step below:

Right click on Excel (.exe) > Properties > Compatibility > uncheck all the boxes, click Ok and check if it helps.

To access Excel (.exe), open the following location:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\Excel.exe

Or

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\Root\Office15\Excel.exe

Try to open Excel and check if it opens.

Source:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/foru...

Hope this information can help you

Adis R. Asesora Independient

Adis Rivero, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Excelling at failing Excel

EXCEL

This does not sound like a "Windows 10" specific issue as much as a Microsoft Office (Excel) issue.

• What version of Microsoft Office (Excel) is involved here?
    • Do you have the installation media and product key for your Microsoft Office (Excel) safe and sound someplace?

Shenan Stanley, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Excelling at failing Excel

1. Excelling at failing Excel - Similar Threads - Excelling failing Excel

2. Excelling at failing Excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excelling at failing Excel: First off, I’m an Excel idiot. I use Word exclusively, and only use Excel when it’s someone else’s document and I don’t have a choice. Now would be one of those times. I do want to learn, but right now, I’m an idiot. At work, there’s an Excel spreadsheet that freezes when...
  3. Excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel: Hello, I have been having many issues with Excel, that I just end up using Google Sheets. Issues: 1. Cursor won't land in the correct cell. Happens when file is large. 2. My computer does not show me that the excel document is opening and some take a while because they are...
  4. Excel model fails to open

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel model fails to open: Windows Version: bWindows 10 Home V1909 running on HP Spectre I am currently in the process of establishing a clean system which has involved reinstalling Windows and I am now in the process to reinstalling my applications. I have a fairly large complex Excel model which I...
  5. Excel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel: Where is Excel located in Windows 10 from Microsoft 365. According to the net it's at User https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel/c6eea496-3f7f-42c3-8ac6-a528619e49c7
  6. excel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    excel: excel shows red x, not photo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel/67d4ed65-45c4-4e6e-80c4-1be086307057
  7. Excel

Excel: Some months ago the support group with my Assure plan told me how to make a copy of a Excel file. I have a large (complex?) excel file with many pivot tables. Therefore, I like to make a copy of a file and rename with a new sequence number; this way if I make a bad mistake...
  8. Excel

Excel: i have lost my "save as" facility that i had prior to my discussion last week https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel/b892b6eb-326a-402c-b0b8-e3a2ddec68e6"
  9. Excel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel: With Excel In column G there are 4 rows: G1, G2, G3, G4 and each cell has a value. So at G10 I write this formula: =G1+G2+G3+G4, and instead of a total, it reads: "#Value!" at G10. What is wrong?...
  10. Excel ?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel ?: I'm trying to learn how to setup a spreadsheet in Excel and need a little help. This is my first attempt at making a spreadsheet. In this example how do I setup this spreadsheet so that I can keep a running total of columns C,D and E in column F if I keep adding new lines. If...