Windows 10: Exception policy for Windows Defender Firewall

Discus and support Exception policy for Windows Defender Firewall in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Team,I believe you're doing well & keeping safe.I'm using an RPA tool to send emails to business. Sending email to business via tool is happening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AbhirupGupta, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Exception policy for Windows Defender Firewall

Hello Team,I believe you're doing well & keeping safe.I'm using an RPA tool to send emails to business. Sending email to business via tool is happening for more than 6 months. But all of sudden it has stopped working. We investigated the issue & found access is getting blocked by the global windows defender firewall policy. This policy is applied through GPO to block all Outbound SMTP Port:25 access from workstations.So the problem is that the application connect to the Global SMTP Relays on Port 25 that means that we need to be able to connect to the Global SMTP Relays on Port 25 an

:)

AbhirupGupta, Aug 26, 2021
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

windows defender firewall

Hi Faye,

Third-party antivirus programs usually have their own uninstallers provided by the software developer. We suggest checking the developer's website or contacting their support team for assistance with uninstalling their program. After fully uninstalling the
    third-party antivirus software, you may turn on Windows Defender by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Windows Defender Security Center and press Enter.
    • Click Firewall and network protection.
    • Click Private (discoverable) network and click On.
    • Click Public (non-discoverable) network and click On.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about Windows Defender.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 26, 2021
  3. Celsiuss Win User
    Windows Defender group policy disabled and WIndows Defender is not listed in group policy

Ok, I got the message that Windows Defender is disabled by group policy, No big deal, I do a quick search and find where the I can enable it. But Windows Defender is not listed in the group policy. And yes, I am 100% sure about this.

This happened when a shady program got into my PC, it messed things up, but I am mostly back on track, except for Windows Defender.

Celsiuss, Aug 26, 2021
  4. Exception policy for Windows Defender Firewall

Windows Defender Group Policy Disabeled

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

As you have stated you want to disable the group policy so that you can run windows defender on the computer.

I would like to suggest few troubleshooting steps:

Method 1: Disable group policy from gpedit.msc

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type gpedit.msc and click Ok.(it will open Local Group policy editor)

• Go to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Defender.

• In the right pane of
      Windows Defender
      in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the
      Turn off Windows Defender
      policy to edit it.

• Select (dot) Not Configured or
      Disabled, click/tap on OK,

• When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.
    If the issue still persist you can follow method 2.

Method 2: Disable group policy from registry.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the
    article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

• Press Window Key +R.

• Type regedit and click. (it will open registry)

• Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender

• Right Click on Window Defender to create a new Dword.

• Click on New and Select Dword.

• Type DisableAntiSpyware.

• Right click on DisableAntiSpyware and click on modify.

• Set the value to 0 instead of 1.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, you can write back to us and we will be glad to assist you further.

Morris Subba, Aug 26, 2021
Thema:

Exception policy for Windows Defender Firewall

1. Exception policy for Windows Defender Firewall - Similar Threads - Exception policy Defender

2. Policy Analyzer - Windows Firewall Policy Version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Policy Analyzer - Windows Firewall Policy Version: Good afternoon,I am comparing the effective state of my PC against the Windows 11 22H2 baseline and I noticed a line called Windows Firewall Policy Version. The baseline suggests value 538, while the actual value is 542. Does that mean my policy version is newer and that's ok...
  3. Policy Analyzer - Windows Firewall Policy Version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Policy Analyzer - Windows Firewall Policy Version: Good afternoon,I am comparing the effective state of my PC against the Windows 11 22H2 baseline and I noticed a line called Windows Firewall Policy Version. The baseline suggests value 538, while the actual value is 542. Does that mean my policy version is newer and that's ok...
  4. windows defender firewall cannot add "" to the list of exceptions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender firewall cannot add "" to the list of exceptions: I'm at "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Defender Firewall\Allowed apps" for some reason even if I click the button "Change settings" it wont let me tick/untick the boxes, Also when I click "Allow another app" and choose a file it just shows me an error saying...
  5. windows defender firewall cannot add "" to the list of exceptions

windows defender firewall cannot add "" to the list of exceptions: I'm at "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Defender Firewall\Allowed apps" for some reason even if I click the button "Change settings" it wont let me tick/untick the boxes, Also when I click "Allow another app" and choose a file it just shows me an error saying...
  6. Windows Defender Firewall - Program exception

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall - Program exception: Hi,I am trying to define a program exception in Windows Defender Firewall on clients using a Domain Profile.The program is located on a network share.The problem is that every time the program gets updated the exe-file has a new name.For instance fof20020.exe.I've tried to...
  7. Windows Defender Firewall - Program exception

Windows Defender Firewall - Program exception: Hi,I am trying to define a program exception in Windows Defender Firewall on clients using a Domain Profile.The program is located on a network share.The problem is that every time the program gets updated the exe-file has a new name.For instance fof20020.exe.I've tried to...
  8. Windows Defender Firewall - Program exception

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Windows Defender Advanced Firewall Policy Audit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Advanced Firewall Policy Audit: Hi Community,I found this post https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e209a8d7-119a-4e5f-819a-f4f323e1777a/auditing-windows-firewall-rules?forum=ITCGand wanted to share an audit script I made. Since it was "archived", I'm posting here. This is designed to make an...
  10. Windows Firewall Exceptions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Firewall Exceptions: I have three computers on Local Area Network Computer "A" is Win10 and runs database Engine and stores Data Files - The Database Engine is listed as Firewall Exception. Computer "B" is Win7 and runs a program that makes TCP/IP requests for data to database engine on...