Windows 10: Exception: PrintTicket provider failed to bind to printer. Win32 error: -2147467231

Discus and support Exception: PrintTicket provider failed to bind to printer. Win32 error: -2147467231 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, we are printing from a service hosted as a windows service32-bit and it is throwing an exception. Exception: PrintTicket provider failed to bind... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GPM25, Oct 4, 2020.

1. GPM25 Win User

Exception: PrintTicket provider failed to bind to printer. Win32 error: -2147467231

Hi, we are printing from a service hosted as a windows service32-bit and it is throwing an exception.

Exception: PrintTicket provider failed to bind to printer. Win32 error: -2147467231

Our application provider is MYOB and their Technical support have recommended the hotfix in KB Knowledge Base Article 2954953

This is documented in the following link;
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/ef15c98d-bd1b-43cb-bf81-5e4df007d0a1/kb-article-2954953-unavailable?forum=winserver8gen

We had the same problem: Sending XPS files to a printer from a 32bit windows service using .net framework failed with an error message.

According to MS support, there are 2 solutions:

use a 64bit windows service
    apply the registry modification described in Knowledge Base Article 2954953
    Hope this solves your problem!

:)

GPM25, Oct 4, 2020

2. Exception on Printing in windows 2016 server

Hi,

I am getting the below exception while printing in windows 2016 server, the same is working in windows 2008 server.

code:

var pq = new PrintQueue(psvr, printername);

var pd = new PrintDialog {PrintQueue = pq}; var printTicket
    = pq.DefaultPrintTicket;

StreamReader sr = new StreamReader(printTicket.GetXmlStream());

string ticketString = sr.ReadToEnd();

byte[] ticketBytes = Encoding.Default.GetBytes(ticketString);

MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream(ticketBytes);

pq.UserPrintTicket = new PrintTicket(ms);

BabuDurairaji, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Dymo Labelwriter 330 get PrintTicket provider failed to bind to printer under recent upgrade of Windows 10

Dymo software and labelwriter 330 worked fine through June. Windows 10 upgrade released Jul 12 changed a number of things; removed some services left over from Windows 7. Attempt to use Dymo labelwriter on Aug 8 produced Win32 error -2147418113 "PrintTicket
    provider failed to bind to printer."

Full diagnostics on PC and Windows 10 produce positive results. Test print to Dymo labelwriter sent from add printer system utility yields positive results.

Full de-install and reload of Dymo software under Dymo tech supervison yields the same results.

Lowell Wiltbank, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Exception: PrintTicket provider failed to bind to printer. Win32 error: -2147467231

Win32 error: -2147418113

Thank you, Allan for your response.

In carrying out your suggestion I was able to:

• print a test page
    • foul up the printer head
    • remove all the paper from around the print head and rollers Exception: PrintTicket provider failed to bind to printer. Win32 error: -2147467231 ;)
    • find out that I may have a compatibility problem between my device being USB2 and my laptop being USB3.
    I will have to get back onto Dymo and find out from them why their software won't print, or how they have overcome the USB 2 & 3 issue.

The error message says: PrintTicket provider failed to bind to printer

Many thanks again,

Robyn B

Robyn BEASY, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Exception: PrintTicket provider failed to bind to printer. Win32 error: -2147467231 - Similar Threads - Exception PrintTicket provider

2. An Unhandled win32 exception occured in minecaft launcher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An Unhandled win32 exception occured in minecaft launcher: Please help idk what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-unhandled-win32-exception-occured-in-minecaft/876c61c1-a358-4e4e-8940-78b993e4a2e6
  3. An Unhandled win32 exception occured in minecaft launcher

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An Unhandled win32 exception occured in minecaft launcher: Please help idk what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-unhandled-win32-exception-occured-in-minecaft/876c61c1-a358-4e4e-8940-78b993e4a2e6
  4. An unhandled win32 exception occurred in schost.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An unhandled win32 exception occurred in schost.exe: I updated recently and for some reason this error message popped up. I was not 100% what to do so I just closed the window when it showed up. Should I be concerned? Most of the online content I found is much older than windows 10. Some from 2008....
  5. An unhandled win32 exception occurred in schost.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An unhandled win32 exception occurred in schost.exe: I updated recently and for some reason this error message popped up. I was not 100% what to do so I just closed the window when it showed up. Should I be concerned? Most of the online content I found is much older than windows 10. Some from 2008....
  6. An unhandled win32 exception occurred in schost.exe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. PrintTicket provider failed to bind to printer. Win32 error: -2147467231

PrintTicket provider failed to bind to printer. Win32 error: -2147467231: I have a program developed with .NET 4 framework that would send data to an EPSON printer connected with Windows driver. It works fine in Windows embedded and Windows 7 but it prompts the following error in Windows 10. PrintTicket provider failed to bind to printer. Win32...
  8. Sockets Bind Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sockets Bind Error: Hello there, I have a client and a server socket.When I execute server it's all fine but when I execute client to respond at the same port I get an error bind #10048 let me show you the code until bind function from server file: #define DEFAULT_BUFLEN 512 #define...
  9. Printer installation fails, error 5

Printer installation fails, error 5: I had some power issues with my PC and removed it fro checking and after that the printer wasn't working so I went to re-install the printer but it fails every time with same error [ATTACH] It installs the Multi-function device as a scanner only and I can't update the...
  10. Failed to Load the provider: .... PEProvider.dll

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Failed to Load the provider: .... PEProvider.dll: Getting the above warning in dism.log (later causing error) with almost anything I try to do with DISM. Let be straight - I'm in such a state trying to fix this problem I didn't even notice this was a Windows 10 forum!. My problem is with Windows 7 64bit, so you may want...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows dymo error binding print