Windows 10: excessive ACPI compliant drivers

Discus and support excessive ACPI compliant drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using windows 10 version 1709, there are 500 instances of Microsoft ACPI-Compliant system drivers in my device manager list, how can I delete some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlanHart2, Dec 8, 2018.

1. AlanHart2 Win User

excessive ACPI compliant drivers

I am using windows 10 version 1709, there are 500 instances of Microsoft ACPI-Compliant system drivers in my device manager list, how can I delete some

:)

AlanHart2, Dec 8, 2018
  2. VinceLiXL Win User

How to really uninstall a Lenovo ACPI-compliant Driver

Hi everyone,

I have a Lenovo Y40, and ever since I upgraded to Win10, my PC cannot read the battery gauge correctly. After doing some research, I realized Lenovo Energy Manager and the Lenovo acpi-compliant virtual power controller driver are the problems. (I hate junkware)

I deleted Lenovo Energy Manager with no problem, but I can't get rid of the Lenovo acpi-compliant virtual power controller driver. Here are the steps I'm stuck with:

- If I go into device manager and uninstall the driver, the driver will disappear, and upon restart, it will show up again as an unknown driver.

- If I uninstall/disable this unknown driver, upon restart/hibernation, it will come back again under 'system devices' as 'Lenovo acpi-compliant virtual power controller driver', as if I didn't do anything.

When this driver is listed as unknown driver or temporarily disabled, my battery gauge issues are immediately resolved. Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of annoying drivers like this one once and for all?

Thank you!

VinceLiXL, Dec 8, 2018
  3. BOW
    Bow Win User
    ACPI Not Compliant??

I restarted my pc today twice and got a bsod that said Bios acpi not compliant. I have had this bios version for 10 months. I hit the reset on the mobo and it started and is running fine. What gives?

4. excessive ACPI compliant drivers

Missing microsoft acpi-compliant battery control method

Hi Francis,

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery is a driver needed by Windows to communicate with your hardware. To troubleshoot the issue, follow the steps below:

• Remove the charger from your computer, then restart your device.
    • After your computer restarts, plugged in your charger. Check if the driver needed automatically reinstalled and addressed the issue.

Kindly send us a screenshot of your device manager, to provide your better assistance on addressing the issue. To send a screenshot, follow the instructions provided by
    Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP] on this
    Forum Article

• Go to Device Manager > Expand Batteries.
    • If you can see Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, double-click then screenshot the General tab.

Keep us posted with the result.

Regile Reb, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

excessive ACPI compliant drivers

1. excessive ACPI compliant drivers - Similar Threads - excessive ACPI compliant

2. ACPI-Compliant System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ACPI-Compliant System: Hi, I just Build my PC with an ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Gaming WIFI D4 motherboard on Windows 10 and my computer always freeze between 5 minutes and 1 hours i try to see my drivers if everything is installed but i found this this driver not installed is it the problem ?? if yes...
  3. ACPI-Compliant System

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ACPI-Compliant System: Hi, I just Build my PC with an ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Gaming WIFI D4 motherboard on Windows 10 and my computer always freeze between 5 minutes and 1 hours i try to see my drivers if everything is installed but i found this this driver not installed is it the problem ?? if yes...
  4. ACPI-Compliant System

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft ACPI-compliant Control method battery driver

Microsoft ACPI-compliant Control method battery driver: I use need latest Microsoft ACPI-compliant Control method battery driver for Hp Laptop 14-bs0xx Windows 10 21H1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-acpi-compliant-control-method-battery/4bf91218-5105-4d2d-9f19-abdaaf237933
  6. Acpi compliant control method battery driver missed

Acpi compliant control method battery driver missed: Hi I have zed air laptop. In notification panel battery icon not showing. So I'll check computer management but acpi compliant control method battery driver not in there.... What can I do...
  7. Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver: Hello, My battery adapter stop responding once the microsoft updated was iniatiated. Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver...
  8. Microsoft driver for ACPI compliant control method battery

Microsoft driver for ACPI compliant control method battery: Is there an updated driver for the battery? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-driver-for-acpi-compliant-control-method/5cfecf07-9a01-4df2-977f-8509021dcabd
  9. Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver.

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver.: I have a HP ENVY 17t (17-u292cl) Touchscreen Laptop. I'm having problems with my Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver. Battery icon shows losing power rapidly until I go into the Sleep mode. After I restart from the Sleep mode the battery charge looks to be...
  10. Safe to disable "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System" Driver

Safe to disable "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System" Driver: I am steadily hunting down an issue where my audio and video desync on my windows 10 desktop computer, where the audio pulls ahead of video (I believe due to continuous microlags of video). I am using dpclat and Latency Monitor to identify problem areas, and from my research...