Windows 10: Excessive Data consumption. Please Help!

Discus and support Excessive Data consumption. Please Help! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home Single Language. I have a limited data plan 1GB/day and whenever I turn my mobile hotspot on, my laptop eats away through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by peykar, Jul 3, 2020.

1. peykar Win User

Excessive Data consumption. Please Help!

I have Windows 10 Home Single Language. I have a limited data plan 1GB/day and whenever I turn my mobile hotspot on, my laptop eats away through the data very quickly. I tried all the normal fixes like turning off Onedrive and setting my connection as Metered but nothing works. Its still the same. But when I check the Data Usage section, I notice in Data usage details that "System" has taken up most of data while others are not consuming a lot. Please if you have a fix, help me out. It be really appreciated! I tried Resetting Usage stats and checking data consumption for 30 seconds and this is what I found.Excessive Data consumption. Please Help! [​IMG]

:)

peykar, Jul 3, 2020

2. Excessive consumption of data.

Thanks for your help. Only time will tell if there has been an improvement in data consumption.

John Owen-Ellis, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Valeriooo Win User
    BATTERY excessive battery consumption

Hello,
    in first I am sorry for my bad english. In second, I installed w10 yesterday and today I notice an excessive battery consuption, because with the 100% battery charge and without usage, after 38 minutes the battery charge go down to 74% and I do not know why. In w8.1 I was able to work with autocad and other graphic programs for two hours and if this are the premise I doubt that with w10 I will do the same.
    The Battery usage report is:

Excessive Data consumption. Please Help! [​IMG]

Excessive Data consumption. Please Help! [​IMG]

Anyone have the same problem?
    Thank you for the help.

Valeriooo, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Excessive Data consumption. Please Help!

Excessive consumption of data.

Solution 1 - Disable automatic peer-to-peer update sharing. Go into Settings > Advanced Options > And then change how you get updates from Microsoft to PCs on my local network, or you can also disable it.

Settings > Advanced options ; gives me a choice of how updates are delivered. I have selected OFF for updates from more than one place. There's no option to disable.

I uninstalled OneDrive long ago because of data usage.

PC Sync has been disabled

I can't even locate an Action Center......

I have now disabled some live tiles

My laptop is running Windows 10 Home single language, Version 1703 OS 15063.786. It's a basic system which is all I can justify.

Overnight I allowed cumulative updates to be downloaded for my system, but it also downloaded and failed to install Feature updates for Version 1709 and which gave an error 0x8007000d. Those updates consumed 6.5Gb of data in total which exceeds my limit,
    and some of it appears to have been unnecessarily forced on me for a different version of Windows10.

If I can not stop this excessive consumption of data I will have no choice but to change my OS to a more affordable system.

IMHO Windows 10 has become too cumbersome and overcomplicated, as evidenced by the incessant updates required for stability and security.

John Owen-Ellis, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Excessive Data consumption. Please Help!

1. Excessive Data consumption. Please Help! - Similar Threads - Excessive Data consumption

2. Data Consumption issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data Consumption issue: Hii my Windows 10 is using a lot of data and whenever I connect hotspot withing minutes'it consumes 2gb when I checked in settings it showed system is using more data how to stop system to consume so much data...
  3. Data Consumption issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data Consumption issue: Hii my Windows 10 is using a lot of data and whenever I connect hotspot withing minutes'it consumes 2gb when I checked in settings it showed system is using more data how to stop system to consume so much data...
  4. System Restore Excessive memory consumption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Restore Excessive memory consumption: I have a Dell laptop with 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD. Recently, I have found out that my C drive is getting filled without actually storing any files/programs on it. I went to storage sense and found that the system restore is consuming nearly half of my memory. Can I reduce the...
  5. excessive data use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    excessive data use: My fairly new Asus Vivo Book uses about 2 GB per day, only access news, mails, FB gameroom and play the odd daily game, no streaming or videos at all. We get 50 GB through satellite, never had overage before. System uses almost 1 GB, Microsoft edge about 450 MB. Way more than...
  6. Data usage consumption

Data usage consumption: I have closed all the application in my PC, still my data usage steady come down by 100 Mb for every10 minutes. How can i stop this data usage, and for what purpose the system app is usage the data. May i know the reason...
  7. Data consumption

Data consumption: When I connect my pc to Internet data is consumed more than I use,within an hour my data is getting empty,I think this is because of the update but the thing is I did pause all the updates. [IMG]...
  8. internet data consumption

internet data consumption: hello I have watched an program in data uses named mpcommandrun.exe which is using a lots of my internet data while I m not using that what is this mpcommandrun,exe and should I stop it from using my expensive internet data and if yes then how?[ATTACH]...
  9. Excessive battery consumption while in Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Excessive battery consumption while in Sleep mode: Yesterday I placed my new SB with Performance Base (i7/1TB) in sleep mode for the first time, before it was always plugged, and noticed and excessive battery consumption, at the level of 10-20% per hour, with no applications running, no wifi and no notifications. Then I found...
  10. BATTERY excessive battery consumption

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BATTERY excessive battery consumption: Hello, in first I am sorry for my bad english. In second, I installed w10 yesterday and today I notice an excessive battery consuption, because with the 100% battery charge and without usage, after 38 minutes the battery charge go down to 74% and I do not know why. In w8.1 I...