Windows 10: Excessive GPU-CPU usage when not using the computer

Discus and support Excessive GPU-CPU usage when not using the computer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; While looking at my phone in front of the computer, an error came to the computer screen.I saw that it's about excessive GPU usage. But I was not using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Yusufs_eren, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Excessive GPU-CPU usage when not using the computer

While looking at my phone in front of the computer, an error came to the computer screen.I saw that it's about excessive GPU usage. But I was not using the laptop for 30-40 minutes and no programs were open that would tire my computer.I opened the task manager and suddenly saw excessive usage of CPU and GPU and became suspicious.My laptop is new so I was very suspicious of this

:)

Yusufs_eren, Sep 6, 2022
  2. kenalbus Win User

Windows 10 CPU usage 100% when Nvidia GPU enabled

I've had the same problem, and have exactly the same GPU model. I was able to set the drivers back to factory default, but any update I've tried (including the most recent) causes the massive cpu usage. I've contacted tech support for both Nvidia and Asus,
    and followed all the steps they suggested, with no luck.

kenalbus, Sep 6, 2022
  3. excessive cpu usage

When I use Microsoft solitaire the cpu usage rapidly ramps up to as high as 80% causing the fan to absolutely race. This is new ion the last few days. Nothing else seems to cause this. Any suggestions?

dave

DaveAlmond, Sep 6, 2022
  4. Excessive GPU-CPU usage when not using the computer

Significant CPU, GPU and RAM lag spikes

My computer is having significant lag spikes. How do I make my computer's CPU, GPU and RAM go down? Any tips or suggestions? Also I use this computer for gaming.

100% gpu usage!
    6.5gb ram usage!
    65% cpu usage!
    Disk does fine, though.

Windows 10, 21H2

Excessive GPU-CPU usage when not using the computer [​IMG]

looktothecosmos, Sep 6, 2022
Thema:

Excessive GPU-CPU usage when not using the computer

1. Excessive GPU-CPU usage when not using the computer - Similar Threads - Excessive GPU CPU

2. Excessive GPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excessive GPU usage: The solitaire from microsoft started to use EXCESSIVE gpu usage from 50 - 90%. I am thinking that it's a virus but i am not sure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excessive-gpu-usage/29ef51da-89ba-4f5b-a3a2-4de0d791f873
  3. Excessive GPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excessive GPU usage: The solitaire from microsoft started to use EXCESSIVE gpu usage from 50 - 90%. I am thinking that it's a virus but i am not sure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excessive-gpu-usage/29ef51da-89ba-4f5b-a3a2-4de0d791f873
  4. Excessive GPU-CPU usage when not using the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excessive GPU-CPU usage when not using the computer: While looking at my phone in front of the computer, an error came to the computer screen.I saw that it's about excessive GPU usage. But I was not using the laptop for 30-40 minutes and no programs were open that would tire my computer.I opened the task manager and suddenly...
  5. dwm.exe excessive GPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dwm.exe excessive GPU usage: I'll start with the relevant PC specs, as they'll provide context to the rest of the post.Dell Inspiron 7577Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU, 2.81GHzIntel HD Graphics 630 Integrated GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 TiAll OS software is up to date, and all drivers are too. I use this...
  6. Excessively High CPU Usage Possible Infection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Excessively High CPU Usage Possible Infection: Hello, I have recently been dealing with excessively high CPU usage for the past few weeks. I could not find what was causing it until I opened up Performance Monitor, showing me that the responsible .exes were SearchApp.exe, LockApp.exe, ShellExperienceHost.exe,...
  7. Excessive CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Excessive CPU Usage: I have a hard time running programs because its always lagging. Even if I run a single tab. Even if I run a single program. And even when it's idle on the desktop screen with no running programs. It always seems to use like near 50% of CPU then goes to 100%. I always kill...
  8. Connected Devices Platform: Excessive CPU Usage

Connected Devices Platform: Excessive CPU Usage: According to my machine's task manager, SERVICE HOST: CONNECTED DEVICES PLATFORM USER SERVICE is consuming about 40% to 50% CPU usage. (Don't know if I stated that correctly.) Anyway, this is causing the fan on my tower to run very high and constantly. As far as I know,...
  9. Windows explorer excessive CPU usage

Windows explorer excessive CPU usage: My machine is WIN10, ran WPR on a clean boot, started recording right after cpu usage jumped. WPR log I appreciate any ideas anyone can offer....
  10. Excessive CPU Usage with Browser(s)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Excessive CPU Usage with Browser(s): Hello all, I recently purchased new a Lenovo Flex 3 1130 (80LY), 2 in 1 laptop. I'm aware it's a entry level machine and it's purpose is primarily just for school. Definitly not going to run my server.....lol. Everything is as expected with the machine except the CPU...