Windows 10: Excessive GPU usage

Discus and support Excessive GPU usage in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The solitaire from microsoft started to use EXCESSIVE gpu usage from 50 - 90%. I am thinking that it's a virus but i am not sure.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PavelEU, Dec 3, 2022.

1. PavelEU Win User

Excessive GPU usage

The solitaire from microsoft started to use EXCESSIVE gpu usage from 50 - 90%. I am thinking that it's a virus but i am not sure.

:)

PavelEU, Dec 3, 2022

2. Excessive GPU-CPU usage when not using the computer

While looking at my phone in front of the computer, an error came to the computer screen.

I saw that it's about excessive GPU usage. But I was not using the laptop for 30-40 minutes and no programs were open that would tire my computer.

I opened the task manager and suddenly saw excessive usage of CPU and GPU and became suspicious.

Excessive GPU usage 9f0e76b1-02a6-4c49-8ec8-f2b37d122fc7?upload=true.png

Excessive GPU usage 22c7366c-bf94-4324-aa4b-16537914fc7e?upload=true.png

My laptop is new so I was very suspicious of this

Yusufs_eren, Dec 3, 2022
  3. kenalbus Win User
    Windows 10 CPU usage 100% when Nvidia GPU enabled

I've had the same problem, and have exactly the same GPU model. I was able to set the drivers back to factory default, but any update I've tried (including the most recent) causes the massive cpu usage. I've contacted tech support for both Nvidia and Asus,
    and followed all the steps they suggested, with no luck.

kenalbus, Dec 3, 2022
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Excessive GPU usage

Windows 10 excessive bandwidth usage

Kindly try performing a Clean Boot on your PC. A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts causes excessive bandwidth usage.
    You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot. To do so, follow these steps:

• On the Search box, type msconfig and press Enter.
    • On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click Disable all.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click Open Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.

Keep us posted.

Allan Mej, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

Excessive GPU usage

1. Excessive GPU usage - Similar Threads - Excessive GPU usage

2. Excessive GPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excessive GPU usage: The solitaire from microsoft started to use EXCESSIVE gpu usage from 50 - 90%. I am thinking that it's a virus but i am not sure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excessive-gpu-usage/29ef51da-89ba-4f5b-a3a2-4de0d791f873
  3. Excessive memory usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excessive memory usage: How can Windows use so much memory and not have a way to clean it? When I installed it, the system didn't take up that much, I left the SDD only for the system and the HD for my programs, today I opened a guide on the Microsoft website to clean the C: disk, but there are...
  4. Excessive memory usage

Excessive memory usage: How can Windows use so much memory and not have a way to clean it? When I installed it, the system didn't take up that much, I left the SDD only for the system and the HD for my programs, today I opened a guide on the Microsoft website to clean the C: disk, but there are...
  5. Excessive GPU-CPU usage when not using the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excessive GPU-CPU usage when not using the computer: While looking at my phone in front of the computer, an error came to the computer screen.I saw that it's about excessive GPU usage. But I was not using the laptop for 30-40 minutes and no programs were open that would tire my computer.I opened the task manager and suddenly...
  6. Excessive GPU-CPU usage when not using the computer

Excessive GPU-CPU usage when not using the computer: While looking at my phone in front of the computer, an error came to the computer screen.I saw that it's about excessive GPU usage. But I was not using the laptop for 30-40 minutes and no programs were open that would tire my computer.I opened the task manager and suddenly...
  7. Gpu usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Gpu usage: I would like to ask when running a game such as forza horizon 5 at ultra settings on a 2080 ti and i9 9900k is it normal for the gpu usage to be in the 80’s and if so is it bad for your gpu and if you know any fixes let me know...
  8. Gpu usage

Gpu usage: I would like to ask when running a game such as forza horizon 5 at ultra settings on a 2080 ti and i9 9900k is it normal for the gpu usage to be in the 80’s and if so is it bad for your gpu and if you know any fixes let me know...
  9. dwm.exe excessive GPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dwm.exe excessive GPU usage: I'll start with the relevant PC specs, as they'll provide context to the rest of the post.Dell Inspiron 7577Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU, 2.81GHzIntel HD Graphics 630 Integrated GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 TiAll OS software is up to date, and all drivers are too. I use this...
  10. Excessive CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Excessive CPU Usage: I have a hard time running programs because its always lagging. Even if I run a single tab. Even if I run a single program. And even when it's idle on the desktop screen with no running programs. It always seems to use like near 50% of CPU then goes to 100%. I always kill...