Windows 10: Excessive memory usage

Discus and support Excessive memory usage in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How can Windows use so much memory and not have a way to clean it? When I installed it, the system didn't take up that much, I left the SDD only for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by W. Martins, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Excessive memory usage

How can Windows use so much memory and not have a way to clean it? When I installed it, the system didn't take up that much, I left the SDD only for the system and the HD for my programs, today I opened a guide on the Microsoft website to clean the C: disk, but there are practically no things to delete.

:)

W. Martins, Sep 15, 2022

2. Memory usage is excessively high while no programs are open

Here are screenshots of the task manager and performance monitor:

Excessive memory usage [​IMG]

I am also receiving memory warnings now.

Windows 10 User, Sep 15, 2022
  3. axe0 Win User
    Memory usage is excessively high while no programs are open

Could you make screenshots of the memory usages in 2 ways:
    • task manager, processes, filtered on 'memory' (click on the tab to filter)
    • task manager, performance, memory
    and post them

What we see now from your screenshot doesn't provide an answer what is taking the amount of memory, because you didn't filter any usage.

4. Excessive memory usage

YourPhoneServer.exe - excessive RAM usage/memory leak?

I noticed yesterday that YourPhoneServer.exe is using excessive RAM, it appears to have a memory leak as the RAM use increases all the time.

Also, if I sign out of my PC or do a restart, I have to re-link the app for it to work again.

Last update of the app was March 6th

BrianInEngland, Sep 15, 2022
Thema:

Excessive memory usage

1. Excessive memory usage - Similar Threads - Excessive memory usage

2. Excessive RAM usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excessive RAM usage: Why CMD.exe uses a lot of RAM of my laptop ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excessive-ram-usage/dacef1e8-85fc-4bc5-b7da-eda5cde26715
  3. Excessive GPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excessive GPU usage: The solitaire from microsoft started to use EXCESSIVE gpu usage from 50 - 90%. I am thinking that it's a virus but i am not sure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excessive-gpu-usage/29ef51da-89ba-4f5b-a3a2-4de0d791f873
  4. Excessive GPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excessive GPU usage: The solitaire from microsoft started to use EXCESSIVE gpu usage from 50 - 90%. I am thinking that it's a virus but i am not sure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excessive-gpu-usage/29ef51da-89ba-4f5b-a3a2-4de0d791f873
  5. Excessive memory usage

Excessive memory usage: How can Windows use so much memory and not have a way to clean it? When I installed it, the system didn't take up that much, I left the SDD only for the system and the HD for my programs, today I opened a guide on the Microsoft website to clean the C: disk, but there are...
  6. YourPhoneServer.exe - excessive RAM usage/memory leak?

YourPhoneServer.exe - excessive RAM usage/memory leak?: I noticed yesterday that YourPhoneServer.exe is using excessive RAM, it appears to have a memory leak as the RAM use increases all the time. Also, if I sign out of my PC or do a restart, I have to re-link the app for it to work again. Last update of the app was March 6th...
  7. Desktop Windows Manager - Excessive memory usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Windows Manager - Excessive memory usage: New Acer Aspire TC-895 only 3 weeks old. I have noticed ever since my Windows 10 Home upgraded to Version 20H2, OS build 19042.804, I have had issues with Desktop Windows Manager DWM using excessive memory. After a restart the amount of memory used by DWM continues to grow....
  8. Excessive CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Excessive CPU Usage: I have a hard time running programs because its always lagging. Even if I run a single tab. Even if I run a single program. And even when it's idle on the desktop screen with no running programs. It always seems to use like near 50% of CPU then goes to 100%. I always kill...
  9. WIN 10 and Chrome browser - Excessive memory and CPU usage

WIN 10 and Chrome browser - Excessive memory and CPU usage: I'd report the activity to Yahoo and let them deal with it. You could try the No Coin extension just to see if a miner has infiltrated Yahoo. You might also disable Flash on Yahoo.com and do not allow Javascript to run on Yahoo.com. (Within content settings of Chrome)
  10. Memory usage is excessively high while no programs are open

Memory usage is excessively high while no programs are open: I've been dealing with this issue for about a month now... Basically, my memory usage is very high (92% or so) while I have no programs open. I assume this is due to Windows background processes, but I am afraid to end one of them in case I mess something up. I have 6 GB of...