Windows 10: Excessive memory use by Service Host: Windows Notifications User Service

Discus and support Excessive memory use by Service Host: Windows Notifications User Service in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have seen this question in the forum before but cannot find that anyone ever solved it. Computer (Windows 10, latest version) will suddenly get very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BrianWallace MD, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Excessive memory use by Service Host: Windows Notifications User Service

I have seen this question in the forum before but cannot find that anyone ever solved it. Computer (Windows 10, latest version) will suddenly get very slow. Task Manager shows that Windows Push Notifications is using over 98% of memory. Safe Mode runs fine but Clean Boot has no lasting effect. I end the task (ignoring vague but worrisome warnings) but the increase in speed is only temporary. The computer is not that old. What is going on???

:)

BrianWallace MD, Jun 22, 2019

2. High Memory Usage by "Service Host: Windows Notifications User Service_3c1f5"

For us to know if it's a faulty or outdated driver, can you send us a screenshot of associated file. Here are the steps:

• Type in Task Manager in the search bar
    • Right-click Service Host: Windows Push Notifications User Service_3c1f5
    • Click Properties and go to the General tab
    • Send us a screenshot of the Properties

We'll wait for your response.

Marilou Ser, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Sevice host windows push notifications system service

Service Host :Windows Push Notifications User Service _150ed2

switched screens off walked away for a couple of hours and it was back using 95% of the 8 GB of memory

brian.thomas, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Excessive memory use by Service Host: Windows Notifications User Service

Windows Service Host for windows 10

Hi,

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Are you receiving an error message or a notification before the service host starts up? Please send us a screenshot if there is any.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Dennis Mop, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Excessive memory use by Service Host: Windows Notifications User Service

1. Excessive memory use by Service Host: Windows Notifications User Service - Similar Threads - Excessive memory Service

2. service host: windows push notification user service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    service host: windows push notification user service: greetings I notice that every couple of days the laptop becomes very slow and it hangs up, while its cooling van noise becomes very high and the laptop temperature becomes high, service host: windows push notification user service 10d367f4 consumes most of the ram 98%...
  3. "Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service" Jumping Memory Usage

"Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service" Jumping Memory Usage: Hello, I found something unusual in my laptop. When I open Task Manager, I found this "Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service" memory usage keep changing between 2 Gb and 22 Mb. I don't know what happen. But I feel something isn't right. Can somebody tell me what...
  4. Service Host Network Service

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Service Host Network Service: In task manager I see the above is using 16% of my CPU all day. When I rebooted, it went away but came back. Any idea what this is? Thanks. 143038
  5. Memory usage at 100%/Service Host

Memory usage at 100%/Service Host: After updating to the newest version of windows 10 (1903) I've been having issues with Service Host using up all of my ram. I've tried about every solution I could find online, and I'm at a loss....
  6. Service Host Memory Leak Windows 10

Service Host Memory Leak Windows 10: Hi, Recently my RAM has been getting used up by the 50 or so service host processes. I can see the processes slowly increase their memory usage over time. This is my task manger soon after startup, and then 40 minutes later, without running any applications. [img] [img]...
  7. service host: local service

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    service host: local service: My Lenovo laptop is running slowly because of Service host: local network. Is there any way of removing these to allow the laptop to run more quickly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-local-service/a2f5e3a9-ee7a-46c3-af1c-c1bf1b06cc12
  8. Service Host memory leak?

Service Host memory leak?: Hi, I'm new to win 10 and it is a grand adventure I have to say. Today I figured why my computer has been shutting down/lagging. The processes under Service Host (all of them) consume ungodly amount of ram, and they increase usage over time. The PC can idle and this will...
  9. Windows push notifications user service

Windows push notifications user service: Please help All new pc parts : Motherboard : Asus prime H310M-A CPU : Intel i5 8400 RAM : G.Skill ( xmp to 2400mhz) PSU : cooler master 450w masterwatt except HDD : Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB SATA 6Gb/s Scanned with no bad sectors or errors All drivers up to date...
  10. User Notification Service not working

User Notification Service not working: Recently, my Windows Push Notifications User Service (WpnUserService) went haywire. I am unsure of when it started happening, but the service keeps stopping and starting, restarting, and occasionally getting stuck on 'Stopping'. Manually starting the service doesn't fix this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Service host push notification services memory leak