Windows 10: Excessive Memory used - Windows 10 19041.508

Discus and support Excessive Memory used - Windows 10 19041.508 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey there, I have a problem with my Ram but the thing is I don't know since when I have it. I changed my graphic card a year ago more or less so it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JaniYohh, Dec 14, 2020.

1. JaniYohh Win User

Excessive Memory used - Windows 10 19041.508

Hey there,

I have a problem with my Ram but the thing is I don't know since when I have it. I changed my graphic card a year ago more or less so it might be it.
    As you can see on the following images, I have 16 go RAM installed (2 slots of 8) but it only allows me to use a bit more than 3. I don't really know why and I read that it could be a hardware problem, some incompatibility between my RAM and my motherboard. I'm not sure that's the case and I don't know how to verify it.
    If any of you has an idea of why this happens and how can I correct it, I'd be really grateful.

Excessive Memory used - Windows 10 19041.508 [​IMG]

Thank you for reading me,

:)

JaniYohh, Dec 14, 2020

2. windows defender uses excessive memory

I am using windows 10 64 bit. However my problem lies with windows defender and its excessive use of memory/cpu on start up. Its slows everything down to a crawl. (shows up as antimalware on task manager. I understand that this is a well known problem,
    if this is the case I was optimistic that Microsoft would have produced a fix for this? Oe information to sort this very irritating problem . Hopefully one which does not require the abilities of a computer geek. Hopefully I look forward to pratical suggestions
    to sort this out. For which many thanks David

davidknowles, Dec 14, 2020
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Excessive memory use in explorer

No excessive memory use for me. Everything works great.

BulldogXX, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Excessive Memory used - Windows 10 19041.508 - Similar Threads - Excessive Memory used

2. Windows Powershell spawning out of nowhere and using excessively high memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Powershell spawning out of nowhere and using excessively high memory: Hello! Powershell pops up out of nowhere and causes my pc to be slow. It doesn't seem to start up when I boot up my pc. When my pc slows down I can usually see it in my task manager, using up most of my memory. Please help, thank you in advance!...
  3. Windows Powershell spawning out of nowhere and using excessively high memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Powershell spawning out of nowhere and using excessively high memory: Hello! Powershell pops up out of nowhere and causes my pc to be slow. It doesn't seem to start up when I boot up my pc. When my pc slows down I can usually see it in my task manager, using up most of my memory. Please help, thank you in advance!...
  4. Excessive memory usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excessive memory usage: How can Windows use so much memory and not have a way to clean it? When I installed it, the system didn't take up that much, I left the SDD only for the system and the HD for my programs, today I opened a guide on the Microsoft website to clean the C: disk, but there are...
  5. Excessive memory usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excessive memory usage: How can Windows use so much memory and not have a way to clean it? When I installed it, the system didn't take up that much, I left the SDD only for the system and the HD for my programs, today I opened a guide on the Microsoft website to clean the C: disk, but there are...
  6. Lsass using excess Memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lsass using excess Memory: It appears that I have a memory leak in Lsass.exe. Memory usage keeping getting higher until the computer no longer responds. How can I fix this in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lsass-using-excess-memory/301b8a72-f983-4ce2-9ef8-6b1521b6703d
  7. Lsass using excess Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lsass using excess Memory: It appears that I have a memory leak in Lsass.exe. Memory usage keeping getting higher until the computer no longer responds. How can I fix this in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lsass-using-excess-memory/301b8a72-f983-4ce2-9ef8-6b1521b6703d
  8. lsass.exe using excessive memory. Any fix?

lsass.exe using excessive memory. Any fix?: Hello, I use Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with 8 gb ram. I am facing this problem from yesterday. This particular process named "lsass.exe" is using way too much ram. As you can see in the screenshots, it has the highest usage and a total of 66% of ram is being used whereas I used...
  9. Excessive Memory used - Windows 10 19041.508

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Excessive Memory used - Windows 10 19041.508: Hey there, I have a problem with my Ram but the thing is I don't know since when I have it. I changed my graphic card a year ago more or less so it might be it. As you can see on the following images, I have 16 go RAM installed (2 slots of 8) but it only allows me to use a...
  10. Excessive memory use by Service Host: Windows Notifications User Service

Excessive memory use by Service Host: Windows Notifications User Service: I have seen this question in the forum before but cannot find that anyone ever solved it. Computer (Windows 10, latest version) will suddenly get very slow. Task Manager shows that Windows Push Notifications is using over 98% of memory. Safe Mode runs fine but Clean Boot has...