Windows 10: Excessive number of security credential reads when computer goes to idle lsass.exe, event...

Discus and support Excessive number of security credential reads when computer goes to idle lsass.exe, event... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Whenever my home server is not in use, security processes continuously consume disproportionate CPU resources. Using Event Viewer, I notice... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PaulMertens, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Excessive number of security credential reads when computer goes to idle lsass.exe, event...

Hi, Whenever my home server is not in use, security processes continuously consume disproportionate CPU resources. Using Event Viewer, I notice excessive logging of several events. Any information on how to solve either of the following problems would be greatly appreciated!Problem 1 Event 5379, logged by lsass.exeThis event is logged only for the current user, many hundreds of times per second. Description: "This event occurs when a user performs a read operation on stored credentials in Credential Manager."Problem 2 Events 4624 and 4672, logged by services.exeThese events are logged

:)

PaulMertens, Oct 19, 2021

2. Excessive Security Log Events - Event ID 5379 - Windows 10

i had ex[eriences like that last night - my laptop so slowly

IgnatiusBenny, Oct 19, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Oct 19, 2021
  4. TD47 Win User

Excessive number of security credential reads when computer goes to idle lsass.exe, event...

Excessive Security Log Events - Event ID 5379 - Windows 10

@David Salmon - even fresh installs will have 5379 events. It is a NORMAL "info" event, just a standard audit event, for user activity that uses credentials. It is NOT signifying any problem - it is just annoying and a bit excessive for normal home systems.

Thema:

Excessive number of security credential reads when computer goes to idle lsass.exe, event...

1. Excessive number of security credential reads when computer goes to idle lsass.exe, event... - Similar Threads - Excessive number security

2. Blocking credential stealing from lsass VS letting lsass free to operate?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocking credential stealing from lsass VS letting lsass free to operate?: Hi everyone, doubt here:One of the most recommended ASR rule to harden Windows is 'Block credential stealing from the Windows local security authority subsystem lsass.exe' So, I've set it to WARN, and since then I've received tons of notifications from Defender about that...
  3. Blocking credential stealing from lsass VS letting lsass free to operate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocking credential stealing from lsass VS letting lsass free to operate?: Hi everyone, doubt here:One of the most recommended ASR rule to harden Windows is 'Block credential stealing from the Windows local security authority subsystem lsass.exe' So, I've set it to WARN, and since then I've received tons of notifications from Defender about that...
  4. Credentials Manager credentials were read multiple repeated attempts Event ID 5379

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Credentials Manager credentials were read multiple repeated attempts Event ID 5379: Still having issues with Event ID 5379 and multiple other ones. Also "Special privileges assigned to new logon" Event ID 4672.Accompanied by the following symptoms:Complete lock up of my I/O, mouse, keyboard, and the "USB disconnected" sound.I can review Event Viewer and I...
  5. Lsass using excess Memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lsass using excess Memory: It appears that I have a memory leak in Lsass.exe. Memory usage keeping getting higher until the computer no longer responds. How can I fix this in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lsass-using-excess-memory/301b8a72-f983-4ce2-9ef8-6b1521b6703d
  6. Lsass using excess Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lsass using excess Memory: It appears that I have a memory leak in Lsass.exe. Memory usage keeping getting higher until the computer no longer responds. How can I fix this in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lsass-using-excess-memory/301b8a72-f983-4ce2-9ef8-6b1521b6703d
  7. Excessive Number of Processes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Excessive Number of Processes: Hi. I understand that there have been several threads that deal with this subject but none that I've seen help. My laptop (specifically on my account) has become very slow, mainly in booting up. I have attempted to do all the normal things that people suggest to speed it up,...
  8. Process crashed whenever computer goes into idle, event 1026, .net runtime

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Process crashed whenever computer goes into idle, event 1026, .net runtime: Hi guys,I am having problem with my laptop running Windows 10 pro. Whenever it goes into idle , where the screen turns off, I will see error keeps popping out of my event viewer. Details of error is as below:Event 1026, .net runtimeApplication: GCUService.exeFramework...
  9. Wifi randomly goes out on Windows 10 when computer is idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi randomly goes out on Windows 10 when computer is idle: Hi, I have noticed my Wifi will go out show no wifi connected icon when I walk away from my computer for a while or when I have not clicked anything in a while. It truly is not connected to the internet says no wifi when trying to load a new page. To fix this, I have to...
  10. Excessive Security Log Events - Event ID 5379 - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excessive Security Log Events - Event ID 5379 - Windows 10: I have been experiencing Windows Application crashes on my 3 month old Windows 10 install. While troubleshooting, I noticed that there 50+ security events each minute in the Event Viewer under Windows Logs > Security. Is this normal? The majority are Audit Success...