Windows 10: Excessive & redundant amount of restore points following latest update / Event 513 MsQuic...

Discus and support Excessive & redundant amount of restore points following latest update / Event 513 MsQuic... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,I've only had this laptop about a month, and not really fiddled with many things so far. After the latest Windows update, I noticed a huge amount of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Elias01010, May 14, 2021.

1. Excessive & redundant amount of restore points following latest update / Event 513 MsQuic...

Hi,I've only had this laptop about a month, and not really fiddled with many things so far. After the latest Windows update, I noticed a huge amount of restore points had been created. They all seem to be exactly the sameI haven't updated any of these drivers since the last time I made a restore point that one has now dropped off.Presumably, something went wrong with the update, so Windows just kept trying? And accordingly, made identical new restore points each time...Alongside each of these restore points, I noticed recurring Event 513 / CAPI2 errors in Event Viewer, relating to Cryptograp

:)

Elias01010, May 14, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Restore Points disappearing, Errors in Event Viewer

Hi, I'll answer just one of your questions. The existing scheduled task you mention actually has nothing to do with actually creating restore points directly.

The way to do that is
    a. to create your own task
    b. download and use one of the scripts that create restore points manually.
    (I use Scheduled_Instant_Restore_Point.vbs - just do a search for it).

I'm sure someone else will comment on why restore points disappear.. forgive me for suggesting you read some threads on this in this forum

Excessive & redundant amount of restore points following latest update / Event 513 MsQuic... [​IMG]

Type 'restore points disappear' in the white search box above.

Finally, don't rely on restore points alone. Sometimes restore points fail to restore, and as you know, they only protect parts of Windows. I hope you use disk imaging- much more complete, robust, and even allows you to restore your Windows /partitions to a new disk should yours fail.
    E.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium _ external storage.
    Protects your PC, your data, and your sanity.

Having said I'll deal with one point, I have come across this wrt your Event ID 513
    MACRIUM REFLECT - Event ID: 513 Source: - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, May 14, 2021
  3. event id 513 capi2 windows 10

Today I ran a backup and created a system restore point . There were no errors whatsoever. The event id 513 error did not occur. I am mystified as to why no errors occurred. We shall see if this continues. For now the issue is resolved.

William Kochevar, May 14, 2021
  4. 'Mike P Win User

Excessive & redundant amount of restore points following latest update / Event 513 MsQuic...

CAP12 event 513

Maybe
    Excessive & redundant amount of restore points following latest update / Event 513 MsQuic... :)

my note to myself from long ago ... when running wbAdmin task schedule in win8.1 & now
    works also for ME in win10 when using the control panel backup to schedule a daily image only. ....

event viewer log CAPi2 errors on wbAdmin <<<<<<<<<<<<<< below works >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

sc sdset MSLLDP DExcessive & redundant amount of restore points following latest update / Event 513 MsQuic... :(D;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BG)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;SO)(A;;LCRPWP;;;S-1-5-80-3141615172-2057878085-1754447212-2405740020-3916490453)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;SU)SExcessive & redundant amount of restore points following latest update / Event 513 MsQuic... :(AU;FA;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;WD)

source: Event 513 errors when setting a restore point or running backup software

>>>>>>

Wouldn't hurt to
    look here too

'Mike P, May 14, 2021
Thema:

Excessive & redundant amount of restore points following latest update / Event 513 MsQuic...

1. Excessive & redundant amount of restore points following latest update / Event 513 MsQuic... - Similar Threads - Excessive redundant amount

2. RESTORE POINTS TAKING BIG AMOUNT OF SPACE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RESTORE POINTS TAKING BIG AMOUNT OF SPACE: The list of restore points is not being shown when I type VSSAdmin /list shadowscommand in command prompt as well as powershell.I want to know this because I think that these restore points are taking a hell lot of space on my pc....One more question that are these system...
  3. RESTORE POINTS TAKING BIG AMOUNT OF SPACE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RESTORE POINTS TAKING BIG AMOUNT OF SPACE: The list of restore points is not being shown when I type VSSAdmin /list shadowscommand in command prompt as well as powershell.I want to know this because I think that these restore points are taking a hell lot of space on my pc....One more question that are these system...
  4. RESTORE POINTS TAKING BIG AMOUNT OF SPACE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. RESTORE Points deleted during apparent RESTORE of latest windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RESTORE Points deleted during apparent RESTORE of latest windows update: While trying to back out of issues CAUSED by the latest windows update, I had selected a MANUAL Configuration Restore point from 2 weeks ago. the RESTORE operation ""APPARENTLY" ran successfully to completion per "Windows" but it Removed all Prior manual restore points while...
  6. RESTORE Points deleted during apparent RESTORE of latest windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RESTORE Points deleted during apparent RESTORE of latest windows update: While trying to back out of issues CAUSED by the latest windows update, I had selected a MANUAL Configuration Restore point from 2 weeks ago. the RESTORE operation ""APPARENTLY" ran successfully to completion per "Windows" but it Removed all Prior manual restore points while...
  7. RESTORE Points deleted during apparent RESTORE of latest windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. small amount used by restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    small amount used by restore points: 2004 [img] 162698
  9. Following Latest Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Following Latest Updates: Whilst doing latest updates to win 10 i was wondering whats in store in the future as already in pipeline? Is win 10 just going to be upgrades for the foreseeable future or is there another 'new' realise in development? 144395
  10. Following Latest Updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Following Latest Updates: Whilst doing latest updates to win 10 i was wondering whats in store in the future as already in pipeline? Is win 10 just going to be upgrades for the foreseeable future or is there another 'new' realise in development? 144395