Windows 10: "Excessive roaming"

Discus and support "Excessive roaming" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have connected my laptop to the wifi, but it shows no internet. Whereas, other devices connected to the same wifi have the internet access.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TanyaGupta2, Nov 11, 2020.

1. "Excessive roaming"

Hi,

I have connected my laptop to the wifi, but it shows no internet. Whereas, other devices connected to the same wifi have the internet access. After I got the troubleshooting report on my laptop, the detailed root cause is given as "Excessive roaming". Can you please help me with the solution to fix it.

:)

TanyaGupta2, Nov 11, 2020

2. Excessive roaming between access points

Hello.

I could previously access the home wifi on my laptop but now can't. Windows Diagnostics says it may be due to 'Excessive roaming between access points', and tells you to contact Microsoft. I believe I am using Windows 10 Home. How do I solve this?

Thsnk you

MrsMelissa, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Sparry Win User
    Excessive Roaming Problem

Everything was working fine until a week ago when my laptop started to continually lose my wifi connection. I thought the problem might have been caused by a new Amazon Fire stick that I had installed recently and so I disconnected that from my TV but the
    disconnections continued. Then I thought the recent Creator update might have done it so I uninstalled that but, again, I kept losing my connection. and have to run the Window Network Diagnostic tool. It fixes the problem temporarily but after a few hours
    it recurs. I have also re-booted my router, updated my network adapter driver and followed some other suggestions that flushed out settings using the command prompt at an elevated level. None of these fixed the problem permanently.

When I look at the 'report' that the wireless network diagnostics I see the 'detailed root cause' is excessive roaming (between access points, within a profile or a preferred network. The repair option shown is 'Select one preferred network' but it does
    not specify how I can do this nor why things should have changed from one week ago.

I should add that 2 other Windows 10 laptops in the house and connected to the same router do not have any problems connecting to the same network (same SSID).

Can anyone throw any light on my problem?

Sparry, Nov 11, 2020
  4. "Excessive roaming"

Roaming folder's setting not loaded comepletely?

I assume you are talking about this folder:

c:\Users\Jianwei\AppData\Roaming

If so then these steps should fix the problem:

1. Mark the code line below, then press Ctrl+C to copy it.
    2. Click the Start globe.
    3. Press Ctrl+V to paste the code line.
    4. Press Enter.

cmd.exe /c attrib -h -r /s /d "%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming" & pause

Frederik Long, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

"Excessive roaming"

1. "Excessive roaming" - Similar Threads - Excessive roaming

2. Excessive RAM usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excessive RAM usage: Why CMD.exe uses a lot of RAM of my laptop ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excessive-ram-usage/dacef1e8-85fc-4bc5-b7da-eda5cde26715
  3. Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”: Dear Microsoft Support,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I have encountered regarding my storage usage on my Asus laptop.Recently, I have noticed a significant increase in storage consumption attributed to "Other Users," which...
  4. Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”: Dear Microsoft Support,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I have encountered regarding my storage usage on my Asus laptop.Recently, I have noticed a significant increase in storage consumption attributed to "Other Users," which...
  5. Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. excessive partitions which can i delete?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    excessive partitions which can i delete?: [ATTACH] i have 1hhd which is flashdrive 0 and an ssd flashdrive 1 idk where all this partitions come from. i want to make a fresh install of windows on my SSD can i delete all of the excess partitions? or only a certain one? after deleting space should be free and i can...
  7. Excessive updates of KB2267602 Defender updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excessive updates of KB2267602 Defender updates.: Since the start of the year update KB2267602 Defender signature updates has installed over 25 versions rough count on my system. Yet it still updates several times each day nearly paralyzing my system and making it unusable.I understand the need for keeping the signatures...
  8. Excessive updates of KB2267602 Defender updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excessive updates of KB2267602 Defender updates.: Since the start of the year update KB2267602 Defender signature updates has installed over 25 versions rough count on my system. Yet it still updates several times each day nearly paralyzing my system and making it unusable.I understand the need for keeping the signatures...
  9. Excessive updates of KB2267602 Defender updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. excess to the DISM to repair windows 10 i followed the instructions but its not working and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    excess to the DISM to repair windows 10 i followed the instructions but its not working and...: I need help my hp cannot find the DISM logs to fix problems I'm having with windows 10 I followed the instructions and it's not available it said to find in C drive but there it's been uninstalled. My computer isn't running correctly and i need help....