Windows 10: Excessive standby drain?

Discus and support Excessive standby drain? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My new HP Spectre x360 (i7-7500U / 16GB RAM / 512GB SSD / Windows 10 Home x64) seems to lose a bit much in terms of battery life. Out of the box, it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by besweeet, Dec 20, 2016.

1. besweeet Win User

Excessive standby drain?

My new HP Spectre x360 (i7-7500U / 16GB RAM / 512GB SSD / Windows 10 Home x64) seems to lose a bit much in terms of battery life. Out of the box, it's set to stay in standby mode for 3 hours before hibernating. I have since changed it to just 60 minutes of standby before hibernating, and it lost 6% battery in 9 hours (1.5% per hour). I'm used to my MacBook Air where it loses virtually nothing when in standby.

I tried running powercfg /sleepstudy, but it says S0 Low Power Idle is not supported on this machine. Cannot run tool.

Is the standby drain an issue with Windows, or the laptop itself?

:)

besweeet, Dec 20, 2016
  2. sudude Win User

What network mode to use with Nokia 2730?

The
    specs
    indicate that the standby time would be better with WCDMA than with GSM. I have my 6700c on the dualmode setting all the time havent seen any excessive battery drain

sudude, Dec 20, 2016
  3. sosul Win User
    compatible batteries for 6131

Standby time estimates is with your phone turned on, probably no SIM in it, and not touched at all.

I have a 6131 and with normal use (listen to music for a minimum of 2 hours a day, constant texting, a few calls) I get 4 to 5 days out of the battery.

If you are only getting 1 day and are not calling people excessively or have the bluetooth switched on, then there may be something wrong with your phone.

sosul, Dec 20, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Excessive standby drain?

Stand by level is solely up to machine, OS can't do much there as it's not running at that time but can only send command to BIOS to enact any feature it has.

CountMike, Dec 20, 2016
  5. besweeet Win User
    I see. It's supposedly a known issue: Battery drain when shut-down (HP Spectre x360) - HP Support Forum - 5529708

There is a fix within that thread that seems to flash the Thunderbolt controller with different firmware.

besweeet, Dec 20, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    Probably Thunderbolt (I don't have one) like some other devices is not shutting off completely but has some kind of stand by mode, there may be some setting in BIOS. I had a fight with a Bluetooth controller at one laptop. Just wouldn't shut down if not disabled first.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Excessive standby drain?

1. Excessive standby drain? - Similar Threads - Excessive standby drain

2. Battery drained by Intel SOC Subsystems in Modern standby S0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery drained by Intel SOC Subsystems in Modern standby S0: Hello,I bought a new laptop ASUS ExpertBook B5 Flip B5602F 16 inch, 4K, OLED. https://www.asus.com/laptops/for-work/expertbook/expertbook-b5-flip-b5602f-12th-gen-intel/Everything works fine but during Modern standby S0 battery is drained quickly - 5 % in the first 40 minutes...
  3. Battery drained by Intel SOC Subsystems in Modern standby S0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery drained by Intel SOC Subsystems in Modern standby S0: Hello,I bought a new laptop ASUS ExpertBook B5 Flip B5602F 16 inch, 4K, OLED. https://www.asus.com/laptops/for-work/expertbook/expertbook-b5-flip-b5602f-12th-gen-intel/Everything works fine but during Modern standby S0 battery is drained quickly - 5 % in the first 40 minutes...
  4. windows battery drain in sleep mode with connected standby disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows battery drain in sleep mode with connected standby disabled: yeah the title says it all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-battery-drain-in-sleep-mode-with-connected/a596d731-af7e-4d53-a267-0c811f8a6787
  5. Excessive battery drain NoHwDrips.DF and NoHwDrips.USB3-HC1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excessive battery drain NoHwDrips.DF and NoHwDrips.USB3-HC1: I managed to greatly improve Modern Standby on my Yoga Slim 7 Pro by disabling network activity during standby and others but there is still occassional significant battery drain during standby. According to the sleep study, the culprits are always NoHwDrips.DF and...
  6. Excessive battery drain NoHwDrips.DF and NoHwDrips.USB3-HC1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excessive battery drain NoHwDrips.DF and NoHwDrips.USB3-HC1: I managed to greatly improve Modern Standby on my Yoga Slim 7 Pro by disabling network activity during standby and others but there is still occassional significant battery drain during standby. According to the sleep study, the culprits are always NoHwDrips.DF and...
  7. Excessive battery drain during S0 sleep (modern standby)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Excessive battery drain during S0 sleep (modern standby): For my Lenovo X1 Yoga 3rd Gen (Win 10 20H2 Build 19042.928) I have had issues using hibernation. About 30% of the time, the WiFi device will not work when resuming from hibernation. The device will not even appear in device manager. A reboot is required to make it appear and...
  8. Excessive Battery Drain by SoC Subsystems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Excessive Battery Drain by SoC Subsystems: My battery drains almost fully overnight when surface is in sleep mode. I ran the sleep report but don't really understand how to interpret this and what do you about it. Thanks for your help! [ATTACH]...
  9. CPU throttling not working properly, bad standby drain

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU throttling not working properly, bad standby drain: Just wanted to write this thread so other people can decide if it's worthy to switch to Windows 10 (on a tablet or laptop). I guess it's fine for a desktop and it will run really nicely, however I dont upgrade on a tablet or mobile device, until maybe a few months into the...
  10. Excessive amout of standby ram on idle. bluescreens and program crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Excessive amout of standby ram on idle. bluescreens and program crash: ever since i have updated to windows 10 i have had nothing but problems with memory usage, on idle recently i have seen anywhere from 5-10gb of of my memory on standby. if i try to run a game or memory intensive process it will often crash the whole computer or force the...