Windows 10: Excessive Temporary Files

Discus and support Excessive Temporary Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've recently found that I have become dangerously close to running out of any space on my Surface device. Even after doing some 'spring cleaning' that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TylerFewell, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Excessive Temporary Files

I've recently found that I have become dangerously close to running out of any space on my Surface device. Even after doing some 'spring cleaning' that gave back a few GB's I went and inspected further and found that a whopping 151 GB of storage was being used on Temporary files (see screenshot below). After some research on various fixes and cleanups for temporary files everything that I've seen thus far does not even begin to come close to reaching this high of a number.

Excessive Temporary Files 024211e7-016c-449e-8579-6597be210700?upload=true.jpg However when I click further into the Temporary files to try and see what those 151 GB are comprised of, the solutions to help clean it only give me access to less than a single GB (see screenshot below). What gives? Where is that ~150 GB of storage going towards? How I reduce that? As you might imagine this is making it pretty difficult to use the device for much of the work I have grown accustomed to using it for. Any help is greatly appreciated! Excessive Temporary Files f8c7b05c-b4c5-4aa1-b25c-22f582b9ea1e?upload=true.jpg

:)

TylerFewell, Nov 4, 2019

2. How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi,

As you are saying that you are not able to delete the temporary internet files and temporary Files in Windows 10.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1.Have you installed any third party applications to clean up temporary Files?

2.In the Disk Cleanup had you checked the Temporary Internet files and Temporary files before doing disk cleanup?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and try deleting the temporary internet files.

• Open Internet Explorer by typing Internet Explorer in Search Bar. Click the
      Tools
      button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history, click
      Delete.
    • In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, select the check boxes for the information you want to delete, click
      Delete, and then click OK.
    I also suggest you refer the Microsoft article on View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Let us know if the issue with the deletion of temporary files is resolved we will be glad to assist you further.

Anup Karkal, Nov 4, 2019
  3. NShafkat Win User
    How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi Anup,

Thank you for your reply.

I would respond as follows:

1. No, I have not installed any third party applications to delete Temporary Internet Files or Temporary Files.

2. Yes, as mentioned in my message, I had chcked the relevant boxes for Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files before performing Disk Clean-up. But still the files won't delete.

Your suggestion is about deleting Browsing history. I don't have any issues with deleting Browsing history. It's about deleting Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files. Browsing history can be deleted via Internet Options or from the option available
    in the Hub of Microsoft Edge.

Any help on how to delete Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

NShafkat, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Excessive Temporary Files

Temporary file

Hello Grishma,

To further assist you, please provide us the information below:

• Are you receiving any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting step have you tried so far?

Regarding on how to delete temporary files, go to Settings > System > Storage > This Device > Temporary Files > Delete temporary files (Windows phone 8: In
    Storage Sense
    Excessive Temporary Files 12507_en-us_1.png
    , go to
    Temporary files, and then tap Delete). Then, perform a soft reset to refresh your device. Press and hold
    Volume Down + Power button until phone vibrates and restarts.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Excessive Temporary Files

1. Excessive Temporary Files - Similar Threads - Excessive Temporary Files

2. Temporary Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary Files: The Temp directory on Windows 11 has to be cleaned out periodically, but there is one sub directory with one file that keeps reappearing.4DBA83A8-E8B8-48C5-BB0D-CDF3268407E1eventhubprofile.xmlWhat is this file used for and why does it keep reactivating.J.A. Coutts...
  3. Temporary files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Temporary files: To whom it may concern: I have 4.5 GB temporary files that should be removed, but when I click on it, only 150 MB is removable. I already emptied windows update download folder, also there is nothing in download folder under users/user-name. How could I get rid of it? is...
  4. Temporary Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temporary Files: Hello im just wondering if the downloads on the temporary files below are safe to delete. will this delete just the temporary files or my actual downloaded files? because its too big to be just the temporary files, right? or is it normal and i can delete that safely without...
  5. Temporary files

Temporary files: Can I delete the files in temp and %temp% folders to speed up my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporary-files/bb857d90-4499-4aaa-b6db-d278f320c422
  6. temporary files

temporary files: this post is related to my update problem but I think found a way to fix this hopefully if not then I have to do a clean install I cant seem to be able to delete all of my temp files, I tried doing it manually by using the windows key and r options,while most files get...
  7. Temporary files

Temporary files: I keep getting the error message stating that my disc space on my computer is almost full. The file manager states that 184 of my 235 GB are in temporary files, but when I go into the section to clean it up it only shows 5 gigs of data. Secondly, when I clean those 5 gigs,...
  8. Temporary files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Temporary files: Previous Windows installations, if these are deleted does it impact on restore points? Need to free up space on C drive which is the windows drive, drive D is for Data etc....
  9. Temporary files

Temporary files: Is there a place in the Windows 10 settings to delete temporary internet files and cookies when I clear my browsing history? If so, can you tell me how? If not, what do I need to do so all temporary internet files and cookies will be deleted at the same time I clear my...
  10. Temporary Files

Temporary Files: My laptop has had this problem for a while now, but it really never bothered me until now. I find myself running out space to install various games and tools, and not finding enough useless things to delete. When I go to remove the temporary files, this shows, and when I go...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. excessive temporary files