Windows 10: Excessive upload by Windows 10

Discus and support Excessive upload by Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, My Win10 machine is using about 50 GB (upload) or more per day - all while sitting idle. All data connections are marked metered, all live... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FirstAid84, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Excessive upload by Windows 10

Hello,

My Win10 machine is using about 50 GB (upload) or more per day - all while sitting idle.

All data connections are marked metered, all live tiles are turned off, there are only a small handful of applications - none requiring internet, verified none are running in the background, always have extensive monitoring by Eset, updates are ONLY marked to be shared on the LAN, run malware checks daily, and as far as i can see it is just the Windows system using the bandwidth.

But I can't seem to stop Windows from uploading other than turn it off.

So far I've incurred three excessive data use charges by my ISP at the fault of Microsoft.

What can be done about this?

:)

FirstAid84, Nov 11, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 11, 2018
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Excessive upload by Windows 10

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Excessive upload by Windows 10

1. Excessive upload by Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Excessive upload

2. Excessive RAM usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excessive RAM usage: Why CMD.exe uses a lot of RAM of my laptop ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excessive-ram-usage/dacef1e8-85fc-4bc5-b7da-eda5cde26715
  3. Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”: Dear Microsoft Support,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I have encountered regarding my storage usage on my Asus laptop.Recently, I have noticed a significant increase in storage consumption attributed to "Other Users," which...
  4. Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”: Dear Microsoft Support,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I have encountered regarding my storage usage on my Asus laptop.Recently, I have noticed a significant increase in storage consumption attributed to "Other Users," which...
  5. Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. excessive partitions which can i delete?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    excessive partitions which can i delete?: [ATTACH] i have 1hhd which is flashdrive 0 and an ssd flashdrive 1 idk where all this partitions come from. i want to make a fresh install of windows on my SSD can i delete all of the excess partitions? or only a certain one? after deleting space should be free and i can...
  7. Excessive updates of KB2267602 Defender updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excessive updates of KB2267602 Defender updates.: Since the start of the year update KB2267602 Defender signature updates has installed over 25 versions rough count on my system. Yet it still updates several times each day nearly paralyzing my system and making it unusable.I understand the need for keeping the signatures...
  8. Excessive updates of KB2267602 Defender updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excessive updates of KB2267602 Defender updates.: Since the start of the year update KB2267602 Defender signature updates has installed over 25 versions rough count on my system. Yet it still updates several times each day nearly paralyzing my system and making it unusable.I understand the need for keeping the signatures...
  9. Excessive updates of KB2267602 Defender updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Strange excessive amount of data uploaded

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange excessive amount of data uploaded: How can I figure out why I have days shown in my router logs with 17+ gb of data uploaded? Also an RIDICULOUS amount downloaded nearly everyday..... I'm stuck...losing my mind....