Windows 10: Excessive use of RAM memory and CPU after installing build 18305.1003, 18309.1000 and...

Discus and support Excessive use of RAM memory and CPU after installing build 18305.1003, 18309.1000 and... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Windows team, when I have installed build 18305.1003 since then my PC is using full RAM memory and CPU, When i close some application and program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AayanHoque, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Excessive use of RAM memory and CPU after installing build 18305.1003, 18309.1000 and...

Hello Windows team, when I have installed build 18305.1003 since then my PC is using full RAM memory and CPU, When i close some application and program the RAM memory not decrease. Now i have installed build 18312.1001 and still the same problem. Please kindly fix this problem. I am unable to use my PC continuously for even 1 hour.

:)

AayanHoque, Jan 10, 2019

2. Cortana using excessive CPU, Memory, and Network

After creating a new account, yes. Cortana is still using excessive amounts of CPU, Memory, and Network, even with different users.

AustinVisser, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Windows Insider Builds: Cannot boot into Windows after 18298 Windows Update install fails

I hate "just don't do it" replies. They're not very helpful. Let's just tell everyone not to install 182XX builds then. Microsoft will love you for that.

I saw on another thread that 18305 is now available. I also saw that 18298 has been downloaded to my pc and is in a pending install state. I'm adjusting my active hours so it never installs. I want to know how to kill that pending install and go directly
    to 18305. Hopefully someone knowledgeable will be able to answer that. Thanks.

I'm posting this for anyone who faces a similar situation in the future, Now THIS was helpful--after following the steps below 18305 installed and I was able to boot successfully.

1. Go into Task Manager, Services tab and Stop the Windows Update service.
    2. Then delete the SoftwareDistribution folder
    3. and restart.
    4. It should then find the newer download for 18305.

creetisvan, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Pauli O Win User

Excessive use of RAM memory and CPU after installing build 18305.1003, 18309.1000 and...

Pauli O, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Excessive use of RAM memory and CPU after installing build 18305.1003, 18309.1000 and...

1. Excessive use of RAM memory and CPU after installing build 18305.1003, 18309.1000 and... - Similar Threads - Excessive RAM memory

2. Printer does not work after update to Build 18309

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer does not work after update to Build 18309: I updated to Build 18309 last night and now when I go to print something the system tries to send the document to a file rather than the printer. I can ping the printer (it is on the network) and I can access it with the browser, but I cannot get it to print from the...
  3. Night Light Broken - Build 18305

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light Broken - Build 18305: I just updated my Bootcamp Mac Mini to my first insider build ever on this machine. When the update finally finished, the night light button just stopped working. The button and slider in settings can both be adjusted, and Windows says that night mode is on when it's not. I...
  4. wsappx program using excessive amounts of CPU.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    wsappx program using excessive amounts of CPU.: Dear Microsoft Support, I have a windows 10 home edition computer that is completely up to date. I attempted to run the Microsoft Store a couple weeks back, and it would not respond in any way. I look up the windows store in the Cortana search window, click on it, and...
  5. Higher memory and CPU usage after updating to build 1803

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Higher memory and CPU usage after updating to build 1803: After updating Windows to build 1803 a few days ago I noticed my computer got a lot slower, memory usage stays at a consistent 50% while idle and CPU usage skyrockets and everything starts lagging while doing things like opening programs or tabs and watching a livestream...
  6. Windows explorer excessive CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows explorer excessive CPU usage: My machine is WIN10, ran WPR on a clean boot, started recording right after cpu usage jumped. WPR log I appreciate any ideas anyone can offer....
  7. WIN 10 and Chrome browser - Excessive memory and CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WIN 10 and Chrome browser - Excessive memory and CPU usage: I'd report the activity to Yahoo and let them deal with it. You could try the No Coin extension just to see if a miner has infiltrated Yahoo. You might also disable Flash on Yahoo.com and do not allow Javascript to run on Yahoo.com. (Within content settings of Chrome)
  8. High memory and cpu usage after using computer for a bit

High memory and cpu usage after using computer for a bit: After installing Windows 10, I have consistently been getting high memory and cpu usage by both the System and Service Host: Local System processes. Usually the usage keeps rising from 1GB to sometimes 8GB. I left my comp on while I was at the gym today and came home to it...
  9. Excessive CPU Usage with Browser(s)

Excessive CPU Usage with Browser(s): Hello all, I recently purchased new a Lenovo Flex 3 1130 (80LY), 2 in 1 laptop. I'm aware it's a entry level machine and it's purpose is primarily just for school. Definitly not going to run my server.....lol. Everything is as expected with the machine except the CPU...
  10. Windows 10 Creator Edition problem with excessive CPU use - thumbnails

Windows 10 Creator Edition problem with excessive CPU use - thumbnails: Hi, I'm a new poster here, hoping someone might help me not get driven mad by Windows 10 Creator Edition. I have a decent PC, i5-2500, 16gb memory, NVidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti video card. It ran all previous windows 10 editions very well. Since Creator Edition installed...