Windows 10: exchange windows 10 home / pro licenses between 2 laptops

Discus and support exchange windows 10 home / pro licenses between 2 laptops in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Dear all, I have 2 different laptops with 2 different Windows 10 licenses: - Laptop A old with Win 10 Professional - Laptop B new with Win 10 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Sơn, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Sơn Win User

exchange windows 10 home / pro licenses between 2 laptops

Dear all,

I have 2 different laptops with 2 different Windows 10 licenses:

- Laptop A old with Win 10 Professional

- Laptop B new with Win 10 Home SL

and both licenses are digital licenses on my MS account.

Now, I want to exchange these licenses between the 2 laptops in order to then have:

- Laptop A old with Win 10 Home SL

- Laptop B new with Win 10 Professional

How can I get this done?

Thanks in advance for your helpful advice.

:)

2. myagkov-a Win User

Can't move windows 10 pro license to new laptop

Hi!

I have laptop with windows 10 pro digital license connected with my Microsoft account. I bought new laptop and want to move my windows 10 license. I installed windows 10 pro. In activation options I choose Troubleshooting -> I changed hardware recently ->
    choose my old laptop in list and get "Unable to activate windows" error without specific error code.

Is it possible to activate Windows 10 pro with digital license on new laptop?

myagkov-a, Mar 26, 2021
  3. Moving my Windows 10 Pro license to a new laptop

Hi EugeneAlekseev,

I'm Stefano an Independent Advisor, here to help you.

In order to answer you I need an information. Can you tell me the result of this operation (you need to follow this steps on the actual Windows 10 Pro device)?

1. Type "cmd" in windows search bar

2. Right click on "Command Prompt"

3. Select "Run as Administrator"

4. Type "slmgr /dlv" without quote and press ENTER

I need the UPPERCASE word on Description line.

If it is RETAIL, then you can transfer the Pro license to the other laptop.

Please note that you will need to perform a clean Install of Windows 10 Home on the actual Windows 10 Pro device, in order to use the Home license.

Please let me know the result of the procedure, so I'll help you to transfer the license and reset the Windows 10 Home license on your other laptop.

StefanoTamiotti, Mar 26, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

W7 Pro Laptop

eh, not sure this is where to ask. if you want to buy one, post in the WTB section of the forum?

any laptop with more than 1GB of ram will run windows 7, i'd suggest a core 2 duo with 2GB.

Mussels, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

1. exchange windows 10 home / pro licenses between 2 laptops - Similar Threads - exchange home pro

2. Exchange Windows License between my personal Laptops.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exchange Windows License between my personal Laptops.: I have 2 laptops. Laptop1 has Windows 11 Pro and Laptop2 has Windows 11 Home. I want the pro version of windows in Laptop2 and the home version in laptop1. Is there any way I can avail that.P.S The Windows were pre installed in the laptops. For Laptop1 I bought the pro...
  3. Exchange Windows License between my personal Laptops.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exchange Windows License between my personal Laptops.: I have 2 laptops. Laptop1 has Windows 11 Pro and Laptop2 has Windows 11 Home. I want the pro version of windows in Laptop2 and the home version in laptop1. Is there any way I can avail that.P.S The Windows were pre installed in the laptops. For Laptop1 I bought the pro...
  4. Moving a license key between 2 laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving a license key between 2 laptops: Today I got 2 new Lenovo laptops, one came with preinstalled Windows 11 Home with a license key, second one didn't have any system installed on it so I installed Windows 11 Home manually on it, without any key. I then proceed to first log the license key for the first laptop...
  5. Moving a license key between 2 laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving a license key between 2 laptops: Today I got 2 new Lenovo laptops, one came with preinstalled Windows 11 Home with a license key, second one didn't have any system installed on it so I installed Windows 11 Home manually on it, without any key. I then proceed to first log the license key for the first laptop...
  6. Switching Windows 10 licenses between two laptops Home license and Pro license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching Windows 10 licenses between two laptops Home license and Pro license: I have a question in regards to migrating windows licenses between laptops. My current laptop has a windows 10 pro license on it. I'm planning to purchase a new laptop that has a windows 10 home license on it. Is it possible to switch licenses around between two different...
  7. Swap Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home edition license between two laptops

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Swap Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home edition license between two laptops: Hi All, I had an Dell XPS 15 laptop purchased many years back. I also had bought windows 10 Pro when it was launched. Now recently I bought an Dell Alienware laptop and I wish to swap the license between this two laptops. Please let me know how I can do that. Thanks...
  8. Can in interchange Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro between 2 laptops i own?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can in interchange Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro between 2 laptops i own?: i have one Laptop with windows 10 pro license and another laptop with Windows 10 Home...Can i interchange the licenses? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-in-interchange-windows-10-home-and-windows-10/dff08553-a684-4680-bdd1-0874e8a1c5ae"
  9. Sharing data between 2 home laptops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing data between 2 home laptops: I have recently rebuilt both my laptops and now can't seem to share data between them I have previously managed to do this using homegroups and file sharing but not sure if I'm using best practices. Can you advise what's the simplest way. It's mainly to back up music and...
  10. How to switch Windows 10 home/PRO licenses between 2 notebook?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to switch Windows 10 home/PRO licenses between 2 notebook?: Hi all, I own 2 notebooks: The first one (the older one), with the following upgrade history: Windows 7 OEM -> Upgraded to Windows 8.1 PRO with a bought and legitimate license -> Upgraded to Windows 10 PRO with free Micorsoft upgrade. The second one (the new one),...