Windows 10: Exclamation error in COM and LPT ports in windows 11

Discus and support Exclamation error in COM and LPT ports in windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm getting this issue in ports how can I get rid of this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Santhosh Murugesan, Oct 7, 2022.

1. Exclamation error in COM and LPT ports in windows 11

I'm getting this issue in ports how can I get rid of this?

:)

Santhosh Murugesan, Oct 7, 2022

2. PORTS (COM & LPT) is not displayed in Windows 10

Hi

PORTS (COM & LPT) is not appearing in my Device Manager in Windows 10. I followed these steps:

1. Connect the USB.
    2. Open Device Manager.
    3. Click on Action.
    4. Select Add legacy hardware.
    5. Click on Next.
    6. Select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced),
      then click Next.
    7. Scroll down, then select Ports (COM & LPT), and then click
      Next.
    8. Select Manufacturer as your need, (in this case, select the standard type or default option), and then click
      Next.
    9. Click Finish.

The problem is what manufacturer AND MODEL should I select? I tried some models but I get an error.

Thank you.

Abdulrahman13, Oct 7, 2022
  3. Windows 10 & LPT Parallel Printer Port.

Posts on some forums suggest that Microsoft has killed LPT (parallel port) support in Windows 10 whereas another post I saw indicates that Microsoft has fixed this problem due to pressure from businesses that still need parallel support. I am such a
    business. I must have LPT support for legacy software and an HP LaserJet 6P for the new computer I'm getting (which does have an LPT port). This is not optional since the old software will not work with USB and new printers. Can anyone definitively tell
    me whether LPT/Parallel ports are or are not currently usable in Windows 10 (64-bit)? Thanks for any help.

AudioNexus, Oct 7, 2022
  4. Adam1949 Win User

Exclamation error in COM and LPT ports in windows 11

Windows 10 and parallel port (LPT) printer doesn't print

**** Again,

Just to update you all, I Shut down and rebooted a couple of times

and my ports are still working,

I opened the Device Manager (From Control Panel) and I was not

able to find the LPT Ports listed. but I noticed they have Print queues listed

I guess that the LPT Ports has been renamed, I was able to see my printers

listed there and you will be able to Right Click on your printer and Select "Properties"

and you will see the details of your printer.

The printers are listed regardless of the PORT

The printer port seems to be a Print Que "Local Print Queue" also called "Root Print Que"

Regards

Adam1949, Oct 7, 2022
Thema:

Exclamation error in COM and LPT ports in windows 11

1. Exclamation error in COM and LPT ports in windows 11 - Similar Threads - Exclamation error COM

2. Cant Install Ports Com LPT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant Install Ports Com LPT: When I try to install COM Ports and LPT it says "an error has occured because a function driver wasnt included in the intance.I try to install by going to device manager, selecting anything, clicking action->legacy hardware. Then I find Com Ports LPT and then select serial,...
  3. Cant Install Ports Com LPT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant Install Ports Com LPT: When I try to install COM Ports and LPT it says "an error has occured because a function driver wasnt included in the intance.I try to install by going to device manager, selecting anything, clicking action->legacy hardware. Then I find Com Ports LPT and then select serial,...
  4. Exclamation error in COM and LPT ports in windows 11

Exclamation error in COM and LPT ports in windows 11: I'm getting this issue in ports how can I get rid of this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exclamation-error-in-com-and-lpt-ports-in-windows/20695166-3a04-4ae0-840c-79b7eb46039b
  5. No COM & LPT ports, Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No COM & LPT ports, Windows 10 home: The "fix" below does not work for me. It does add a single COM3 with a Code 34 attached. They are also not hidden. I have never had this problem with COM & LPT ports after dozens of computers I've built. Does anyone have any other ideas?The computer is a home built one. MSI...
  6. No COM & LPT ports, Windows 10 home

No COM & LPT ports, Windows 10 home: The "fix" below does not work for me. It does add a single COM3 with a Code 34 attached. They are also not hidden. I have never had this problem with COM & LPT ports after dozens of computers I've built. Does anyone have any other ideas?The computer is a home built one. MSI...
  7. No COM & LPT ports, Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Port Settings Tab is Missing Under Ports COM & LPT

Port Settings Tab is Missing Under Ports COM & LPT: I am trying to connect serial port device from Java app, but failed. I was not sure port is closed properly so I removed the port. It was named UartSub Device COM1 at that point. After I updated devices in Device Manager, I see it installed but named: UartSub Device COM5. I...
  9. PORTS (COM & LPT) is not displayed in Windows 10

PORTS (COM & LPT) is not displayed in Windows 10: Hi PORTS (COM & LPT) is not appearing in my Device Manager in Windows 10. I followed these steps: Connect the USB. Open Device Manager. Click on Action. Select Add legacy hardware. Click on Next. Select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced),...
  10. PORTS (COM & LPT) with yellow exclamation mark

PORTS (COM & LPT) with yellow exclamation mark: Hello, I'm trying to port my ESP32 Arduino board to my laptop, but a yellow exclamation mark is showing up in the Communications Port COM3. (Screenshot of the issue below) How can I fix this? [ATTACH] Thanks a lot!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 11 com ports missing