Windows 10: Exclamation mark problem on windows defender icon, taskbar - will the problem be resolved...

Discus and support Exclamation mark problem on windows defender icon, taskbar - will the problem be resolved... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; On Windows 10 taskbar, there is an exclamation mark next to windows defender icon. When I click the icon, all security at glance are checked in green... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by songmin(2), Sep 26, 2018.

1. Exclamation mark problem on windows defender icon, taskbar - will the problem be resolved...

On Windows 10 taskbar, there is an exclamation mark next to windows defender icon. When I click the icon, all security at glance are checked in green with no exclamation mark. If everything is checked in green in the security at glance, the windows defender icon on taskbar should also be checked in green. I think the current version of the Windows can't make this alignment which seemingly is simple. Recently I've installed (also reset) Windows on multiple laptops and this happens on many laptops of different manufacturers. Is this something that will be addressed in the next Windows update? There seems to be no remarks on the web on whether this will be addressed in the next version of Windows 10.

:)

songmin(2), Sep 26, 2018

2. Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged

A few days ago I set up a new PC (Windows 10 Professional 64-bit) with Norton as the security provider.

The Windows Defender taskbar icon shows a yellow exclamation mark. When I hover over it, the hint says "Actions Recommended":

Exclamation mark problem on windows defender icon, taskbar - will the problem be resolved... 7215291e-57c6-46e9-ab08-2ed4b7172b0b?upload=true.png

But when I click the taskbar icon and go to Security at a glance, no problems are flagged:

Exclamation mark problem on windows defender icon, taskbar - will the problem be resolved... c5ed62eb-fc54-4f77-b3c1-2a9c4ade9abc?upload=true.png

Just to be sure, I've clicked into each of those seven areas and no problems are flagged. The only sort-of warning I see is on
    Account protection, where it says in red text, "To use Windows Hello, sign into Microsoft." However, tat doesn't appear to be an actual warning, just an informational message. And I prefer to use a local account for logging in.

I've rebooted multiple times, I've run Windows Update a couple of times, and I've run a couple of Norton scans.

Am I overlooking an actual warning, or is this a false alert? And in either case, how can I resolve it?

Andy Giesler, Sep 26, 2018
  3. Del 80 Win User
    Windows Defender Taskbar Icon

O.k.....I have now updated four W10 laptops to the latest version (1703)......the 1st three are fine, but the fourth one has a minor problem......the Windows Defender icon on the taskbar is not showing the green "everything o.k. tick".....there is nothing else showing, no exclamation mark or yellow triangle, and WD says that everything is fine and up to date.......anyone know what could cause this ?.........Del.

Del 80, Sep 26, 2018
  4. Geethu B Win User

Exclamation mark problem on windows defender icon, taskbar - will the problem be resolved...

Yellow Exclamation mark over Internet icon

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are getting a yellow Exclamation mark over Internet icon in the notification area.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the make and model number of the computer?

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the network troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Start Button and in the Windows Search type
      Troubleshooting
    • Open Troubleshooting and select Network and Internet.
    • Run Network Adapter troubleshooter.
    Check if it helps to fix the issue.

Method 2:

I see that you have uninstalled and reinstalled latest wireless network drivers. However if you have not tried installing latest Wireless Network driver from the computer manufacturer website, I suggest you to try the same and
    check if it helps. Also install all the available Windows Update.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

Exclamation mark problem on windows defender icon, taskbar - will the problem be resolved...

1. Exclamation mark problem on windows defender icon, taskbar - will the problem be resolved... - Similar Threads - Exclamation mark problem

2. Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark, winsec ui crashing, but no security problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark, winsec ui crashing, but no security problems: I see yellow icon constantly after latest update to 2023-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5023706. There is no modules with anything wrong and in Eventlog the App is crashing with"Faulting application name: SecHealthUI.exe, version:...
  3. Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark, winsec ui crashing, but no security problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark, winsec ui crashing, but no security problems: I see yellow icon constantly after latest update to 2023-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5023706. There is no modules with anything wrong and in Eventlog the App is crashing with"Faulting application name: SecHealthUI.exe, version:...
  4. Exclamation mark on windows defender.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exclamation mark on windows defender.: Hello, how can I fix this? If I click on it, then windows defender crashes, everything was fine yesterday. I have google chrome by default if needed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exclamation-mark-on-windows-defender/37974e3a-5402-4f77-8517-47d0babb0f90
  5. Exclamation mark on windows defender.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exclamation mark on windows defender.: Hello, how can I fix this? If I click on it, then windows defender crashes, everything was fine yesterday. I have google chrome by default if needed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exclamation-mark-on-windows-defender/37974e3a-5402-4f77-8517-47d0babb0f90
  6. network icon exclamation mark problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network icon exclamation mark problem: I have reinstalled windows because of this problem network icon says no internet but sites works fine what to do 137145
  7. Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged: Hello! The task bar icon says 'Actions recommended', but no problem found in the Windows Defender security center 'Security at a glance' components. Anyone knows what could have caused this ? 123801
  8. Windows Defender has yellow exclamation mark - But there are no problems

Windows Defender has yellow exclamation mark - But there are no problems: Title I don't have other computers to put in a family. No option given to disable?? ***Modify title from: Defender is yellow flagged, everything in Security Center checked green except "Family Options" ***...
  9. Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged

Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged: A few days ago I set up a new PC (Windows 10 Professional 64-bit) with Norton as the security provider. The Windows Defender taskbar icon shows a yellow exclamation mark. When I hover over it, the hint says "Actions Recommended": [ATTACH] But when I click the taskbar icon...
  10. Windows Defender Security Centre warning icon (yellow triangle with exclamation mark)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Security Centre warning icon (yellow triangle with exclamation mark): [ATTACH] Hi, can you please tell me how to suppress the yellow triangle with an exclamation mark that appears in the bottom right-hand corner of the Windows Defender Security Centre system tray icon (but I only want it suppressed for the Family Options recommendations)....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. A user phones you stating that there is a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in his networking icon in his notification area. What does this mean?

2. exclamation mark charging windwos

3. when reseted windows 10 all the windows programs have white circle exclamation mark in bottom right corner

4. windows hello pin yellow triangle,
  5. avast antivirus icon yellow exclamation,
  6. red Exclamation mark norton security icon,
  7. cant remove check mark from windows defender ,
  8. A user phones you stating that there is a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in his networking icon in his notification area. What does this mean,
  9. a user phones you stating there is a yellow triangle with an exclemation mark in his network icon in his notification what does that mean,
  10. there is a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in his networking icon in his notification area. What does this mean,
  11. windows defender taskbar showing issue,
  12. getting windows defender acct protection check mark,
  13. 3.8) A user phones you stating that there is a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in his networking icon in his notification area. What does this mean?,
  14. 20. A user phones you stating that there is a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in his networking icon in his notification area. What does this mean?,
  15. 22. A user phones you stating that there is a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in his networking icon in his notification area. What does this mean?