Windows 10: Exclude Folder.

Discus and support Exclude Folder. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey guys, I have a folder in my Windoes 10 Explorer that I want to exclude from media scanning, so it won't appear in anywhere except Explorer. Does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kiyotaka11, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Exclude Folder.

Hey guys, I have a folder in my Windoes 10 Explorer that I want to exclude from media scanning, so it won't appear in anywhere except Explorer. Does anybody know how to make the equivalent of .NOMEDIA folder like the one in Android.

Thank you very much.

:)

Kiyotaka11, Sep 5, 2019
  2. Clock404 Win User

Windows indexing is not excluding folders that are excluded

Hello,

My Windows start menu Windows search is showing results from the AppData folder despite the AppData folder being set as an excluded folder. My Windows 10 "Searching Windows" setting is set to classic and the excluded folder is clearly shown on the list.
    The issue persists ever after rebuilding the index. How can I fix this?

Clock404, Sep 5, 2019
  3. File History won't exclude folders

I just tried to exclude C:\Users\Donny\Downloads using the legacy control panel File History interface. When I clicked "Select Folder" the folder was added to the excluded folders list. When I clicked "Save changes" and went back into the excluded folders
    list, C:\Users\Donny\Downloads was not listed at all.

So certainly not fixed for me.

Donny Murgatroyd, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Exclude Folder.

Backup Options: Lists of Folders to backup or exclude

Settings - Backup Options has lists of folders to back up and folders to exclude. I want NOTHING in either list. But all I can do is ADD to those lists. If I add a folder to EXCLUDE, it goes off backup and appears in EXCLUDE. But that's NOT what
    I want. I just want to delete all folder names from those lists. There doesn't seem to be a way to delete a listed folder. What am I missing? Thanks.

WP51 user even now, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Exclude Folder.

1. Exclude Folder. - Similar Threads - Exclude Folder

2. Failing at Privacy & security Searching Windows > Exclude folders from enhanced search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failing at Privacy & security Searching Windows > Exclude folders from enhanced search: Hi,I'm trying to remove folders from the "Exclude folders from enhanced search" and its all the time closes the window and crashes.I checked the event viewer and noticed the failure but don't know how to figure it out....
  3. Failing at Privacy & security Searching Windows > Exclude folders from enhanced search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failing at Privacy & security Searching Windows > Exclude folders from enhanced search: Hi,I'm trying to remove folders from the "Exclude folders from enhanced search" and its all the time closes the window and crashes.I checked the event viewer and noticed the failure but don't know how to figure it out....
  4. Is it possible to find a list of the folders excluded from Windows search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to find a list of the folders excluded from Windows search: I know how to get to the 'Searching Windows' area where I can add excluded folders, but I want to remove a couple of the excluded folders. The problem is - you can't see the full name of the folders with long names.\I need to see the rest of the file name after the three...
  5. Is it possible to find a list of the folders excluded from Windows search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to find a list of the folders excluded from Windows search: I know how to get to the 'Searching Windows' area where I can add excluded folders, but I want to remove a couple of the excluded folders. The problem is - you can't see the full name of the folders with long names.\I need to see the rest of the file name after the three...
  6. Is it possible to find a list of the folders excluded from Windows search

7. Exclude Folder from Onedrive backup

Exclude Folder from Onedrive backup: Hi, as a gamer I have several files stored within the My Documents/My Games directory, these are not required for backup but are needed on local. In previous versions of one drive, such as that answered here...
  8. Exclude Folder from Onedrive backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exclude Folder from Onedrive backup: Hi, as a gamer I have several files stored within the My Documents/My Games directory, these are not required for backup but are needed on local. In previous versions of one drive, such as that answered here...
  9. Exclude Folder from Onedrive backup

10. Exclude folders from Shadow Copy

Exclude folders from Shadow Copy: Hi,Is there any possible way to exclude certain folders from Shadow Copy? Like OneDrive folder?Certain folders, such as OneDrive is not necessary to include and take up file size in Shadow Copy, if we are able to exclude this we would be able to go further back in time within...