Windows 10: Exclude from OneDrive sync?

Discus and support Exclude from OneDrive sync? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Quick question: Is there a way to exclude specific files from syncing with OneDrive?I don't need to sync auto-generated files beginning with "~" tilde... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mugsy'sRapSheet, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Exclude from OneDrive sync?

Quick question: Is there a way to exclude specific files from syncing with OneDrive?I don't need to sync auto-generated files beginning with "~" tilde or ending in ".bak".

:)

Mugsy'sRapSheet, Aug 14, 2022

2. OneDrive Syncing Problem

OneDrive keeps trying to sync log files that are open by Tableau Desktop. I excluded the folder from syncing in the settings, paused and restarted syncing, even stopped syncing and started it again, but OneDrive is still trying to sync the files in the folder.

P.S. I am sorry if this is not the right place for this question. I could not figure out where OneDrive was supposed to fit in Microsoft's ecosystem. How is OneDrive not listed as a category?

Steeltown Riot, Aug 14, 2022
  3. Exclude OneDrive from backup

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will try to provide the assistance that is required to resolve the issue.

I would like to inform that in Windows 10 Sky Drive has converted into One Drive. As per your query, I am led to believe that you wish to remove/exclude OneDrive from the list of backup files. If that is the case follow the steps that are mentioned below
    and check if it helps.

Exclude files from Backup.

1. Open Control Panel by right-clicking on the Start Menu and choosing
    Control Panel. Click or tap System and Security,
    and then tap or click File History.

2. To exclude some folders in your libraries so they do not get backed up, on the left, choose
    Exclude Folders.

3. Choose the file, folder or location that you wish to exclude and click on
    Add.

4. Once you have added the desired file, click the back arrow to get back to the
    File History window.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 14, 2022
  4. Exclude from OneDrive sync?

How to Exclude OneDrive Syncing Desktop But Keep it Available Locally?

Hello Microsoft support community!

I do not even know if this is possible, but I would like to know if I can exclude OneDrive from syncing my desktop folder across machines but still have the local desktop to each individual machine available. It is annoying when I install programs on my
    desktop machine, thus the icon appears on the virtual desktop, then that program's icon is synced to my laptop's virtual desktop as well. I want the program on my desktop but not my laptop.

I saw this ( Choose which OneDrive folders to sync to your computer ) post detailing how to exclude certain folders from syncing to OneDrive, but then it also says "If you uncheck
    a folder you are syncing to your computer, the folder will be removed from your computer. The folder and its contents will still be available online."

I want to uncheck a folder and still have it available locally, not removed from my computer as MS says in that post. Is that possible? Can I exclude my desktops from syncing between machines, but still have them available locally? If not, that is a very
    fundamental flaw and should be remedied.

Thanks!

LoganSnyder, Aug 14, 2022
Thema:

Exclude from OneDrive sync?

1. Exclude from OneDrive sync? - Similar Threads - Exclude OneDrive sync

2. Exclude Folder from Onedrive backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exclude Folder from Onedrive backup: Hi, as a gamer I have several files stored within the My Documents/My Games directory, these are not required for backup but are needed on local. In previous versions of one drive, such as that answered here...
  3. Exclude Folder from Onedrive backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exclude Folder from Onedrive backup: Hi, as a gamer I have several files stored within the My Documents/My Games directory, these are not required for backup but are needed on local. In previous versions of one drive, such as that answered here...
  4. Exclude Folder from Onedrive backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to Exclude Group Policy Shortcuts from OneDrive Sync -

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Exclude Group Policy Shortcuts from OneDrive Sync -: Hello,I have seen this question here before, but until now, I have not found a real solution.I have found logonscripts and powershell scripts but no real solution from Microsoft.Does anyone have a solution?I have tried filtering / excluding through MEM: Exclude specific kinds...
  6. How to Exclude Group Policy Shortcuts from OneDrive Sync -

How to Exclude Group Policy Shortcuts from OneDrive Sync -: Hello,I have seen this question here before, but until now, I have not found a real solution.I have found logonscripts and powershell scripts but no real solution from Microsoft.Does anyone have a solution?I have tried filtering / excluding through MEM: Exclude specific kinds...
  7. Files excluded from sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files excluded from sync: Hi,I have some audio files that will not open anymore. It says under the "status" colomn that the files are "excluded from sync". What does this mean? And how do I get my audio files to play again?Thanks....
  8. Files excluded from sync

Files excluded from sync: Hi,I have some audio files that will not open anymore. It says under the "status" colomn that the files are "excluded from sync". What does this mean? And how do I get my audio files to play again?Thanks....
  9. Exclude from OneDrive sync?

Exclude from OneDrive sync?: Quick question: Is there a way to exclude specific files from syncing with OneDrive?I don't need to sync auto-generated files beginning with "~" tilde or ending in ".bak"....
  10. How to Exclude OneDrive Syncing Desktop But Keep it Available Locally?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Exclude OneDrive Syncing Desktop But Keep it Available Locally?: Hello Microsoft support community! I do not even know if this is possible, but I would like to know if I can exclude OneDrive from syncing my desktop folder across machines but still have the local desktop to each individual machine available. It is annoying when I install...