Windows 10: Exclude Skype from screen time

Discus and support Exclude Skype from screen time in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My kids (4yo son and 7yo daughter) both have a Windows 10 tablet and a Windows 10 Mobile phone. Just because I had them lying around. Now I've added... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Plantje, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Plantje Win User

Exclude Skype from screen time

My kids (4yo son and 7yo daughter) both have a Windows 10 tablet and a Windows 10 Mobile phone. Just because I had them lying around.

Now I've added both of them to my family and limited their screen time to an hour a day. However, if I go out for a few minutes and leave my daughter at home alone for that while, I want her to be able to reach me using Skype. Can I exclude Skype from the screen time restrictions?

:)

Plantje, Feb 2, 2019

2. Skype?

As this is a now quite established messenger system of sorts perhaps a Skype feature for people skype names so perhaps some real time problem solving/discussions could be mounted?
    Just a wee suggestion.
    What does everyone else think?

thedivinehairband, Feb 2, 2019
  3. skype doesn't closing even after clicking "Quit skype"

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to close Skype app on your computer, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the latest version of Skype on your device and check.

Method 1: Remove the earlier versions of the Skype and then install the latest version.

Step 1: Uninstall Skype from the Start Screen:

• On the Start screen, type

• From the list select Skype and right click on it.

• You will get different options on the screen .Select
      Uninstall.
    Step 2: You can also uninstall a program from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel. Click on
      Programs

• Select Programs and Features.

• Double click on Skype and follow the onscreen instructions.

Refer the below link to download the Skype app for the devices:

Download Skype | Free calls | Chat app

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update with the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Exclude Skype from screen time - Similar Threads - Exclude Skype screen

2. First paragraph excluded from paste

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    First paragraph excluded from paste: When I copy and paste text from Word into this forum, the first paragraph does not get included in the paste.It is the first paragraph in the copied text, not the first paragraph in the text that is affected. That is, if the text is 10 paragraphs long and I copy all of it,...
  3. Exclude Folder from Onedrive backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exclude Folder from Onedrive backup: Hi, as a gamer I have several files stored within the My Documents/My Games directory, these are not required for backup but are needed on local. In previous versions of one drive, such as that answered here...
  4. Files excluded from sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files excluded from sync: Hi,I have some audio files that will not open anymore. It says under the "status" colomn that the files are "excluded from sync". What does this mean? And how do I get my audio files to play again?Thanks....
  5. Files excluded from sync

Files excluded from sync: Hi,I have some audio files that will not open anymore. It says under the "status" colomn that the files are "excluded from sync". What does this mean? And how do I get my audio files to play again?Thanks....
  6. Exclude from OneDrive sync?

Exclude from OneDrive sync?: Quick question: Is there a way to exclude specific files from syncing with OneDrive?I don't need to sync auto-generated files beginning with "~" tilde or ending in ".bak"....
  7. Exclude from OneDrive sync?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exclude from OneDrive sync?: Quick question: Is there a way to exclude specific files from syncing with OneDrive?I don't need to sync auto-generated files beginning with "~" tilde or ending in ".bak"....
  8. Skype screen sharing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Skype screen sharing: Could you please help me? I updated my skype yesterday. It was the latest skype version, but my clients can no longer see my screen when I share. They can only see a black screen. This didn't happen when I was using the older version of skype....
  9. Screen time limit excluding certain sites.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screen time limit excluding certain sites.: Hi there - is it possible to set screen time limits by excluding certain sites. For example, lets say I want to create a 1 hour 'fun' screen time limit for my kid, but do not want any time spent on khanacademy.org to count towards this limit. Is it possible to do this?...
  10. skype to skype video call screen display

in Windows 10 Customization
    skype to skype video call screen display: Is there a way to full screen an incoming video skype to skype call on my computer , instead of seeing the caller in a small window? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-to-skype-video-call-screen-display/ad12afb3-fa41-4f7f-8108-301ae220f47a