Windows 10: Exclude specific network folders from a network search

Discus and support Exclude specific network folders from a network search in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm currently on Windows 10 Home 1909 and am wondering how do I exclude specific network folders when I'm frequently doing a search on a networked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hexapling, May 7, 2020.

1. hexapling Win User

Exclude specific network folders from a network search

Hi,

I'm currently on Windows 10 Home 1909 and am wondering how do I exclude specific network folders when I'm frequently doing a search on a networked drive?

The drive isn't mapped, just added as a network location shortcut in "This PC".

Thanks.

:)

hexapling, May 7, 2020
  2. hexapling Win User

Hi,

I'm currently on Windows 10 Home 1909 and am wondering how do I exclude specific network folders when I'm frequently doing a search on a networked drive?

The drive isn't mapped, just added as a network location shortcut in "This PC".

Thanks.

hexapling, May 23, 2020
  3. gogreen Win User
    List specific shared folder in Network, not root folder

I share files on my home network between my desktop PC and my laptop. I often move files between the two computers by placing folders on the desktops and then working with them or moving them to specific folders. The network for my laptop lists its desktop folder, but for the desktop PC, the topline \Users root folder is listed, not the desktop. Network and sharing work just fine. But how do I list the shared PC desktop folder so that I don’t have to drill down through the \Users file structure to reach the desktop folder?

gogreen, May 23, 2020
  4. Exclude specific network folders from a network search

Searching Windows - Find my Files - Excluded Folders - Please HELP someone

Hi Greg and thanks a bunch for answering me. In the Search then Search Windows of settings like I said there was a list of "Excluded Folders" I'm guessing a Windows Search would not search/look in those folders when searching for something in Windows. I
    can only guess they were set up as Excluded Folders by HP or the HP Laptop seller to me. I'm sure there must have been a good reason for those Excluded Folders and I should have never removed or deleted those folders. I noticed when I removed all of the excluded
    folders from Windows Search in Settings that a box popped up and the index numbers started to rise in count really really quick. So I paused indexing. I was afraid the index number would go from about (I can't remember) 20,000 to hundreds of thousands of an
    index number. which I think would really slow a Windows Search down even though I don't know what those index numbers stand for exactly. I'm guessing the index numbers stand for files, folders or both. As the article, your URL took me to on how to rebuild
    your index shows I'm not sure that would help me. When done rebuilding the index, would there be a new list of Excluded Folders in Windows Search? Because that's what I want. I'm sure HP knew exactly what folders to exclude and why. Is there a way to just
    undo my mistake of removing the original list of excluded folders? Like roll back to early yesterday morning and have the exact same list of excluded folders there were then? Or would following the steps of the article and rebuilding my Windows Search Index
    give me a new list of Excluded Folders in the Windows Search?

Respectfully,

Barry

BARRY G.VARGUS Sr., May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Exclude specific network folders from a network search - Similar Threads - Exclude specific network

2. Share a Folder on a Network with specific PCs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Share a Folder on a Network with specific PCs: Hi, I want to share a folder from my Computer (PC0) with two other Computers (PC1, PC2) only in my home network. But I don't want other Computers (for example PC3) on the network to be able to access it. (I don't mind if they can see it). Is this possible? I already know...
  3. Network share searching excludes special characters

in Cortana
    Network share searching excludes special characters: Hi, I am having trouble with searching shared drives with special characters, for example, searching for this "ESUB 4000058 - urgent" results in no items found searching for this: "ESUB 4000058" lists a few results, it also will find "ESUB 4000058-urgent"...
  4. Network problem with specific device on specific network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network problem with specific device on specific network: Hi there, I'm having an issue connecting my PC to my home internet. I built the PC a few weeks ago, and am using an MSI b450 carbon pro max wifi - all mobo/network/wifi drivers are up to date, windows is up to date. For the first 2 weeks I was connected to my home network...
  5. hide specific Network connection adapter from Network list

hide specific Network connection adapter from Network list: Hi Mr @Brink , Is there a way to hide specific "Network connection adapter" from the "Network" list in system tray (network icon list)? I have 3 network adapters, Ethernet,WiFi and Microsoft KM-Test Loopback adapter (name as KeyShot). Whenever I disable Ethernet and WiFi...
  6. Excluding folders in Windows Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Excluding folders in Windows Search: Hi, I'd like to set Windows Search so that the search only searches within the user's C:\Users folder. Alternatively, I'd be happy if the Search searched the whole PC, but excluded the ability to search within other users' folders. I tried setting the Find My Files setting...
  7. How to exclude sub folders with specific name from backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to exclude sub folders with specific name from backup: I would like to exclude the node_modules folders from backup. The backup folder has many node_modules subfolders. Are there any methods to exclude subfolders with specific names?...
  8. Exclude specific network folders from a network search

in Windows 10 Support
    Exclude specific network folders from a network search: Hi, I'm currently on Windows 10 Home 1909 and am wondering how do I exclude specific network folders when I'm frequently doing a search on a networked drive? The drive isn't mapped, just added as a network location shortcut in "This PC". Thanks. 154147
  9. Exclude computer on network from seeing a shared folder

Exclude computer on network from seeing a shared folder: Dear All, Hope you are all well. I have spent over 8 hours trying to research to sort this issue out and honestly I am defeated and frustrated! We have three computers on our network. Computer A (Main computers which has the shared folders) Computer B Computer C When I...
  10. List specific shared folder in Network, not root folder

List specific shared folder in Network, not root folder: I share files on my home network between my desktop PC and my laptop. I often move files between the two computers by placing folders on the desktops and then working with them or moving them to specific folders. The network for my laptop lists its desktop folder, but for the...