Windows 10: Exclusions added to windows security center without my knowledge.

Discus and support Exclusions added to windows security center without my knowledge. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Today, I found that 2 exclusions were automatically added to windows security center anti virus settings, I was not able to remove them, and most... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Aryaman_Kumar, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Exclusions added to windows security center without my knowledge.

Today, I found that 2 exclusions were automatically added to windows security center anti virus settings, I was not able to remove them, and most probably these were not added by the windows itself, please see the screenshot.

Exclusions added to windows security center without my knowledge. a242da9e-c03e-45d6-a50d-35edd3f8b1a1?upload=true.png

Is this dangerous?

:)

Aryaman_Kumar, Feb 13, 2019
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Unable to Remove Exclusions from Windows Defender

Thank you for posting back. If you trust a file, file type, folder, or a process that Windows Defender Antivirus has detected as malicious, you can stop Windows Defender Antivirus from alerting you or blocking the program by adding the file to
    the exclusion list. It seems that it was added automatically. We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and select Update & security.
    • Click Windows Defender.
    • Look for Exclusions and select Add an exclusion.
    • Navigate to the file, folder, or process, and select Exclude this file.

If the steps provided did not work, we recommend that you boot your device to
    Safe Mode
    and redo the process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Windows Security, Add an exclusion, Process

This link was helpful:

Configure exclusions for files opened by specific processes

Quote:

When you add a process to the process exclusion list, Windows Defender Antivirus won't scan files opened by that process, no matter where the files are located. The process itself, however, will be scanned unless it has also been added to the file
    exclusion list

Karsten Nedergaard Rasmussen, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Exclusions added to windows security center without my knowledge.

Windows keeps turning off the security center.

Hi Maninder,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R and type Services.msc then hit enter.
    • Services Console will appear.
    • Find Security Center Service on the right details pane > right click it choose properties >
    • Security Center Properties should appear > on the General Tab
    set start-up type to automatic (Delayed start)

• On service Status Stop and then Start.

If this does not works & error still continues then there are more chances that your system is infected

Let us know the status of the issue in regards with Security Center. Your reply is important to assist you further.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Exclusions added to windows security center without my knowledge.

1. Exclusions added to windows security center without my knowledge. - Similar Threads - Exclusions added security

2. Microsoft Account Renamed Without My Knowledge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Renamed Without My Knowledge: My microsoft account has been renamed and hence renaming all the names into devices I was signed into. When I try changing the password, it said it was sending reequest to microsoft authenticator app but I was not getting it. I changed it with other verification method, but I...
  3. Microsoft Account Renamed Without My Knowledge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account Renamed Without My Knowledge: My microsoft account has been renamed and hence renaming all the names into devices I was signed into. When I try changing the password, it said it was sending reequest to microsoft authenticator app but I was not getting it. I changed it with other verification method, but I...
  4. Bitlocker being enabled without my knowledge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker being enabled without my knowledge: Bitlocker being enabled without my knowledgeWindows 11 operating system, I have a QNAP storage system, external drive connected to the computer via ISCSIOne day the drive E Drive was unavailable. I'm not sure at what point in time exactly this happened, it may have happened...
  5. Bitlocker being enabled without my knowledge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker being enabled without my knowledge: Bitlocker being enabled without my knowledgeWindows 11 operating system, I have a QNAP storage system, external drive connected to the computer via ISCSIOne day the drive E Drive was unavailable. I'm not sure at what point in time exactly this happened, it may have happened...
  6. Exclusion keep get added

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Exclusion keep get added: So, I accidentally run a virus yesterday frs.exe, and I already deleted it in %temp% and everything go back to normal. Until when I try to scan virus in windows defender Exclusions keep getting added even I have already deleted them. Do you have any idea how to fix this?OS:...
  7. Adding Exclusions of Drives to Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Exclusions of Drives to Windows Defender: I need to add some drive letters as exclusions in the settings of Windows Defender in order that the drives with those letters may not be scanned when they are later created internally on the hard disk or are connected externally to the computer. But when I try to add an...
  8. add an exclusion in Windows Security

add an exclusion in Windows Security: For some reason the "Add an exclusion" in Windows Security has stopped working. I cannot add an exclusion. When I select a folder to exclude it does not show in Exclusions and all the previous exclusions have disappeared....
  9. Password Changed without My Knowledge

Password Changed without My Knowledge: What happens when my password changes and I didn't changed??? [Original Title: Password] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/password-changed-without-my-knowledge/96fabf23-385b-49f6-a750-a62955517dda
  10. Windows store downloaded something without my knowledge

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows store downloaded something without my knowledge: I open the windows store and a file immediately began to download. It's labeled as "drm". Anyone familiar with this? 16359