Windows 10: Excrutiatingly slow computer after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7

Discus and support Excrutiatingly slow computer after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! I purchased my FX6840-03e many years ago, and it had Win 7 Home Premium on it. (The only hardware I've changed is the graphics card. I went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SeanOMoran, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Excrutiatingly slow computer after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7

Hello! I purchased my FX6840-03e many years ago, and it had Win 7 Home Premium on it.

(The only hardware I've changed is the graphics card. I went from a ATI Radeon HD 5770 to an XFX 7850 Core Edition.)

Earlier this year, I decided to upgrade to Win 10, because a game I wanted to play recommended I have it. I'm not the most tech savvy person in the world, so I figured it was a good idea to just upgrade. I used the free Microsoft upgrade, graduated from 7 to 10, and immediately on start up my PC became significantly slower and sluggish. I chalked it up to "Maybe it's because of a virus I had from before the upgrade." but the problems have never changed or relented even with antivirus software. No Disk Defragmentation, no optimization, no driver updates or Disk Cleanup has helped the slightest. Clean startups are a lost cause, and even as I'm typing this with only Firefox open I'm at 60% Memory usage.

I want to go back to Windows 7, but I can't locate the product key and it's not on a sticker anywhere on my computer. I need help recovering my key, and downgrading to Windows 7 again, because I simply can't do anything anymore on this computer in any sort of timely manner. Even the Start window takes several seconds to open, never mind trying to launch a program or app. Can anyone help me here??

:)

SeanOMoran, Nov 13, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 13, 2018
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Excrutiatingly slow computer after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Excrutiatingly slow computer after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7

1. Excrutiatingly slow computer after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Excrutiatingly slow computer

2. wiFi connection slow after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wiFi connection slow after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10: it seems like after the upgrade the wireless adapter is not compatible? it is extremely slow, is there a solution to it? i've run an internet speed test: Mps download: 2.97 Mbps upload 0.93 vs wired: i've run an internet speed test: Mps download: 37.4 Mbps upload 16.5...
  3. Computer running slow after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer running slow after windows 10 upgrade: I recently upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 7 pro on older acer aspire one AOD257 computer but its running slow when I bring up programs. Should I do a repair or reinstall windows10?. Or is there something else I can do first?. I have updated everything I could think...
  4. computer slow after upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer slow after upgrade to Windows 10: After upgrade computer works strange. User applications generally start relatively fast. System apps start extremely slow. If I type something in search line it give me black window and responses after couple of minutes. During this time "Host Process for Windows Tasks" start...
  5. Computer becomes non-responsive after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer becomes non-responsive after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10: I have a HP laptop whose operating system I recently changed from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Before the change it was operating with no problems. Now, however, I find that it frequently becomes at least temporarily non-responsive. Sometimes I'll get a revolving circle; other...
  6. Right click context menu of Windows 10 is excrutiatingly slow in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click context menu of Windows 10 is excrutiatingly slow in taskbar: Hello, Running Windows 10, latest update (08.08.) and latest drivers on an Asus Zenbook 14 (i5 CPU). I recently had to restore Windows, ever since then the context menu of some applications is extremely slow. When I right click on apps on the taskbar, they usually open the...
  7. Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7: I don't like Windows 10. I upgraded from Windows 7 on most of my systems. It feels weird that I have to upgrade such a great operating system that I used with not many problems and easy to use and is losing support. It doesn't feel right for a consumer that is happy on...
  8. Computer invisible to network after upgrade from WIndows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer invisible to network after upgrade from WIndows 7 to 10: I have 2 Windows computers. My first and main computer is Windows 10 and the second computer, which I use for image rendering and is connected to my first on a home network via Ethernet, was Windows 7. I just updated the second Windows 7 computer to Windows 10 and now it is...
  9. Very slow bootup after Windows 10 upgrade from 7

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow bootup after Windows 10 upgrade from 7: I did the Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 couple days back via the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant downloaded from the Microsoft Window 10 upgrade site. After the upgrade, my boot up time has dramatically increased, whether it be from a cold start or from a restart. It...
  10. Windows 10 reboot after upgrading from windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 reboot after upgrading from windows 7: I have strange issue only with 1 laptop, upgraded the windows from 7 to 10 pro, when it boot after few min it restarts , If I turn the network connection, reboot system before it restart itself, after next reboot after login turn the network enable . system work fine as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can my compture be situp to accept windows 10 and not be really slow

2. windows 10 pc excrutiatingly slow