Windows 10: exe extension

Discus and support exe extension in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time I turn my windows computer on two .exe file continuously pops up for approval to install. How do I get rid of this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DeborahBurgess2, Jan 16, 2020.

1. exe extension

Every time I turn my windows computer on two .exe file continuously pops up for approval to install. How do I get rid of this?

:)

DeborahBurgess2, Jan 16, 2020

2. I changes .exe (Default) files data value, and now I can't open .exe files. Can anyone tell me the normal data value for .exe?

Hello Nilson,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have changed the values of .exe file extension and now you are unable to open any .exe files. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How did you change the values of the .exe file extensions?
    • What was the issue to change the values for .exe?
    • Is the PC used for testing purpose or you have you changed the values for any developing purpose?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Extensions unresponsive

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Settings > System > Apps & Features > Uninstall the problem Edge Extension(s)

• Go to Store > manually search the store for the extension, then install it again.
    After it's installed, click the 'Launch' button and it will take you to Edge where you can set it up.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Jan 16, 2020
  4. exe extension

Cannot install Edge extension Translator

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with installing Edge extension translator. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

• Open Powershell as admin.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage *pocket* | Remove-AppxPackage" without the quotes this will unsintall pocket. You can try skipping step 3.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" without the quotes.

this will reinstall all stock apps including the Windows Store
    • Now you should be able to install Pocket through the Windows Store.

Note: Replace *pocket* in step 2 with *extensionname* (example: pocket extension).

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

exe extension

1. exe extension - Similar Threads - exe extension

2. I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont: I cant open this exe file even though I can run other exe files.And my threat protection says that it needs to be restarted but I cant, it just keeps loading.A friend told me this had to do something with a registry error or something like that but they aren't sure either....
  3. All my jpeg files gets duplicated to folders with an extension of .exe whenever I connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my jpeg files gets duplicated to folders with an extension of .exe whenever I connect...: All my jpeg files gets duplicated to folders with an extension of .exe whenever I connect an hdd to my windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-jpeg-files-gets-duplicated-to-folders-with/10d5c657-add4-4eab-8545-baebcc4891fc
  4. All my jpeg files gets duplicated to folders with an extension of .exe whenever I connect...

All my jpeg files gets duplicated to folders with an extension of .exe whenever I connect...: All my jpeg files gets duplicated to folders with an extension of .exe whenever I connect an hdd to my windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-jpeg-files-gets-duplicated-to-folders-with/10d5c657-add4-4eab-8545-baebcc4891fc
  5. All my jpeg files gets duplicated to folders with an extension of .exe whenever I connect...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. EXE FILE EXTENSION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    EXE FILE EXTENSION: Guys I was curious to know how to sole a silly issue that I encountered with while manipulating the registry keys. So the issue is I accidentally changed the .exe file extension to ask me an option to Open with. Forget about installing an app with .exe or or opening a...
  7. exe files will not run unless .exe extension is included in command

exe files will not run unless .exe extension is included in command: cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator I posted about it a long time ago, but I've never been able to run anything without an .exe. . . . *Huh [img] Power Shell works just fine with out an .exe, though. . . ? . 172679
  8. Cannot download files with an EXE extension

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot download files with an EXE extension: This all started when I went to install Visual Studio 2019. I removed Visual Studio 2017, and cleaned out the folders left behind. When I went to install it, I could not download it with Chrome with Chrome reporting it as being blocked. I do not have "Safe Browsing"...
  9. Not opening any .exe extension files in Windos10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not opening any .exe extension files in Windos10: On the other day I tried to open an app which is of .exe extension the cursor appears loading and then it disappears, I have used the same app the day before it worked perfectly and then I tried to run the "cmd->exe" in command prompt, it shows "This app cannot run in your...
  10. Some programs own Icons replaced by .exe extension Icon in Search Box after Fresh Start

in Cortana
    Some programs own Icons replaced by .exe extension Icon in Search Box after Fresh Start: Recently I chose to give my machine a Fresh Start; it was alright. But since the apps are lost in the process, I found myself looking at my Start menu with those apps' .ink files, all of them without their default icon. I knew it was because they were removed, so I went to...