Windows 10: EXE FILE DISSAPEARS FROM FOLDER

Discus and support EXE FILE DISSAPEARS FROM FOLDER in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm trying to download the program BenBox for Laser Engraver onto my computer. After installing the program it runs on the install but when I close it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TomTraxler, May 1, 2020.

1. EXE FILE DISSAPEARS FROM FOLDER

I'm trying to download the program BenBox for Laser Engraver onto my computer. After installing the program it runs on the install but when I close it and try to reopen it my benbox.exe file disappears from the folder it was in. How do I solve to problem of the disappearing exe file?

:)

TomTraxler, May 1, 2020

2. Folder locked and dissapeared after unlock

Well here's something i found on this:

Lost my files in Folder Lock

But it doesn't work here , i don't have that folder.

Can somebody help me searching for a solution , tnx.

EDIT:

I did that and that's when the folder just disappeared but the data is still there, the program is very confusing about restoring files , it says that "files should become unlocked automatically" ... so where the heck are manual unlocking instructions.

It's not an encrypt , it's just a password lock , so data is all open. The problem is, i would get like 225 GB of individual files off the HDD recovery , i just want the harder way of accessing the folder but getting the folder structure , where can i find the time to SORT 220 GB of data omg.

RuskiSnajper, May 1, 2020
  3. Msap14 Win User
    Network File Dissapearance

Network with a server (windows home 2008) has maybe 8 computers on it. they share a folder on the server for files. Recently they've noticed files have dissapeared, and i can't figure out why.

The files share is on a RAID 1 setup, but the partitions aren't quite the same, so there is a possibility.

Also recently, and possibly unrelated to the issue above, files have been popping up on a computer on the network's trash bin and my documents from other random places.

how could these things happen?

Msap14, May 1, 2020
  4. Frogger Win User

EXE FILE DISSAPEARS FROM FOLDER

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile EXE FILE DISSAPEARS FROM FOLDER :)

Frogger, May 1, 2020
Thema:

EXE FILE DISSAPEARS FROM FOLDER

1. EXE FILE DISSAPEARS FROM FOLDER - Similar Threads - EXE FILE DISSAPEARS

2. all Files from downloads folder dissapeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    all Files from downloads folder dissapeared: Yesterday I downloaded a game from the internet, and ran the installer, everything was fine, it was a bit laggy, but fine. after awhile of playing i went to check my downloads folder and everything was GONE , i checked all the hidden folders everything, and nothing was found....
  3. all Files from downloads folder dissapeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all Files from downloads folder dissapeared: Yesterday I downloaded a game from the internet, and ran the installer, everything was fine, it was a bit laggy, but fine. after awhile of playing i went to check my downloads folder and everything was GONE , i checked all the hidden folders everything, and nothing was found....
  4. all Files from downloads folder dissapeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can you get a virus from an exe file that was in a zipped folder?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can you get a virus from an exe file that was in a zipped folder?: Hi everybody. I downloaded a folder from google drive which had a couple of pdf files and an exe file I didn't notice. When I opened the zipped folder I noticed the exe and immediately deleted the file (while the folder was still zipped) but windows explorer crashed. I...
  6. .EXE files

.EXE files: I was just wondering if anyone could help or explain to me what exactly this is and what it's used for BridgeCummunication.exe. I noticed it running in my task manager under services and was running as a application. Thankful for any help provided....
  7. desktop folders have dissapeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop folders have dissapeared: my folders from my desktop have dissapeared but can be found in settings under desktop how can i put them back on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-folders-have-dissapeared/bd51041d-77e7-4038-a4ae-9681038e97c4
  8. Files dissapearing from Downloads folder

Files dissapearing from Downloads folder: Hello all I would not write this if I would not test this myself. I have fresh installed W10 Pro. Also, this happened before. My files are disappearing from Downloads folder, and today there was one very important file that just disappeared. I am really afraid to store...
  9. Files dissapearing

Files dissapearing: Ive recently had a number of .cpr (cubase project files) dissapear off my pc. Its a new pc, windows 10. Ive opened the files on this pc before but they are just dissapearing. How do i get them back? All my audio files are still here but the project files are vanishing and the...
  10. Folder poping up and then dissapearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder poping up and then dissapearing: Hello Guys and Gals. i have this weird thing happening on my PC, i keep seeing this folder " removable storage " appear and then disappear from my desktop, does anyone have any idea as to what is happening ? when i open the folder i see all my drives, but then the Folder...