Windows 10: Exe File Location

Discus and support Exe File Location in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I installed a driver with an exe file a while back for a school project but no longer need it and I'm wondering if I am able to figure out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MassiR77, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Exe File Location

Hey guys, I installed a driver with an exe file a while back for a school project but no longer need it and I'm wondering if I am able to figure out which driver it installed from the exe file. I couldn't find it in my system's drivers so I am asking if there is a way to locate it by using the exe file I downloaded it from.

submitted by /u/MassiR77
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MassiR77, Mar 4, 2020
  2. MT Alex Win User

Deus Ex: HR (Steam)

Go into your steamapps folder, and this is kind of a pain, but find the ACF file for Deus Ex and make sure that the location listed there matches the actual install location. I've had to do this before, which sucks because I have a ton of appmanifest files.

MT Alex, Mar 4, 2020
  3. How to locate an EXE file that I have just installed?

I respectfully suggest that you might be treating the zipped EXE file as if it were a file that does not actually need to be installed. Double-clicking such a file causes the prog to be launched immediately. An example of a non-installable EXE file would be some of the SysInternal files, such as ProcMon and Autoruns.

The file that you quoted, oldcalcwin10.zip, is the same file as in my other post. Double-clicking on that file launches an install dialog. At no time does the calculator itself appear. To launch the calculator, I needed to click on SYSTEM32\calc1.exe

Summarizing:

- Double-clicking an installable EXE file launches the installer.
    - Double-clicking a non-installable EXE file launches the program itself.

Note that I have already created a shortcut to calc1.exe on my desktop. "If it works, don't break it!" Therefore, no other helpful suggestions are needed *Smile

Thanks to all the generous volunteers for their responses.

OldGrantonian, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Exe File Location

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Exe File Location

1. Exe File Location - Similar Threads - Exe File Location

2. Location of Windows Snipping tool .exe file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location of Windows Snipping tool .exe file.: I saw an earlier answer to this that didn't work for me. Difference may be that I am using Windows 11 and they weren't. I need to find the .exe file for Windows Snipping tool I am trying to program a new keyboard. Thanks y'all....
  3. Location of Windows Snipping tool .exe file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Location of Windows Snipping tool .exe file.: I saw an earlier answer to this that didn't work for me. Difference may be that I am using Windows 11 and they weren't. I need to find the .exe file for Windows Snipping tool I am trying to program a new keyboard. Thanks y'all....
  4. Microsoft Mail exe Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Mail exe Location: I want to know where the microsoft mail .exe file is so that I can make a schedule for it in Task Scheduler. I'm talking about the Mail app, not Outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mail-exe-location/2ebd832f-6483-4929-b699-58048e6c7f40
  5. Microsoft Mail exe Location

Microsoft Mail exe Location: I want to know where the microsoft mail .exe file is so that I can make a schedule for it in Task Scheduler. I'm talking about the Mail app, not Outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mail-exe-location/2ebd832f-6483-4929-b699-58048e6c7f40
  6. Sudden remove/change of .exe file location

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden remove/change of .exe file location: Recently this problem occured when i turn my pc on and it showed that some of my application shortcuts were not working because the .exe file has been removed or changes to a new location although i didnt do any such thing. Then i clicked "fix it" the shortcut is fixed in no...
  7. CODECs .exe file location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CODECs .exe file location: Downloaded this .exe file, which landed in Documents. Should it be in Apps folder? Want to successfully install it. Never before had anything to do with an .exe file....
  8. Minecraft Bedrock Edition .exe file location

Minecraft Bedrock Edition .exe file location: im trying to make a folder that has two .bat files where one launches minecraft java edition and the other launches bedrock edition but i can't find the .exe file for bedrock edition...
  9. How to locate an EXE file that I have just installed?

How to locate an EXE file that I have just installed?: BTW: this post relates to an earlier post of today. I'm creating a new post, because (a) I don't want to hijack my own post, and (b) I don't want to hide possibly useful info inside the wrong title. The older post is here. I'll need to go back and edit the older post after I...
  10. .Exe or .Msc File Location for Network Troubleshooter

.Exe or .Msc File Location for Network Troubleshooter: I've been trying to find a specific file and after numerous unfruitful google and direct system32 searches, I've decided to come here. I'm looking for one specific thing: The name and file location of the file that launches the network troubleshooter in Windows 10. When...