Windows 10: EXE files disappear on logon for domain profiles

Discus and support EXE files disappear on logon for domain profiles in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an issue where EXE files disappear on logon for domain profiles. Here is what I know:-EXE files will remain when they are downloaded to local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jakeobryan3, May 16, 2022.

1. EXE files disappear on logon for domain profiles

I have an issue where EXE files disappear on logon for domain profiles. Here is what I know:-EXE files will remain when they are downloaded to local profiles. We have to place the Zoom EXE file on the local admin account and place a shortcut to that on the user's desktop in order for it to remain otherwise, we have to re-download and install.-The EXE files are disappearing on sign on and not sign off. I placed a WebEx Teams EXE file on a machine's domain profile's desktop and navigated to that desktop using file explorer on my machine. I signed out on the other machine and the file remained. I

:)

jakeobryan3, May 16, 2022

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, May 16, 2022
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Disappearing Domain Profile Contents Problems

Hello
    Eugene EBEN

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue occurs if the user profile has been corrupted or if there is delay in reading the profile due to antivirus. This can also happen
    when the operating system fails to load the data from your user profile correctly from the Windows registry.

If the issue is related to Temp profile, I suggest you to follow the steps
    "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error message.

If it is related to Domain user profile, the issue is more appropriate to be posted in IT Pro
    TechNet forums.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, May 16, 2022
  4. Kari Win User

EXE files disappear on logon for domain profiles

Migrate Locale Profile to Domain

I removed my reply because watching those instructions on TechNet I started wondering if they really work with Windows 10.

Anyway, whatever you try create first a dummy profile, customize it a bit and move it to domain. If everything works, you can then move real profiles.

Thema:

EXE files disappear on logon for domain profiles

1. EXE files disappear on logon for domain profiles - Similar Threads - EXE files disappear

2. Profile disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Profile disappeared.: Why has my complete complete community profile and posts disappeared after an update and restart, this is not the first time It's happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/profile-disappeared/fcc0d78d-92e4-41ea-bc61-9a388ccbdfed
  3. Profile disappeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Profile disappeared.: Why has my complete complete community profile and posts disappeared after an update and restart, this is not the first time It's happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/profile-disappeared/fcc0d78d-92e4-41ea-bc61-9a388ccbdfed
  4. EXE files disappear on logon for domain profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EXE files disappear on logon for domain profiles: I have an issue where EXE files disappear on logon for domain profiles. Here is what I know:-EXE files will remain when they are downloaded to local profiles. We have to place the Zoom EXE file on the local admin account and place a shortcut to that on the user's desktop in...
  5. EXE files disappear on logon for domain profiles

EXE files disappear on logon for domain profiles: I have an issue where EXE files disappear on logon for domain profiles. Here is what I know:-EXE files will remain when they are downloaded to local profiles. We have to place the Zoom EXE file on the local admin account and place a shortcut to that on the user's desktop in...
  6. Disappearing .exe file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disappearing .exe file.: I had written a c program and compiled got .exe file. I added the folder path to the environment path variable. After running the exe from the run command window it is disappearing? I don't know what is happening....
  7. "How to logon to another domain"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "How to logon to another domain": On Windows on the login screen for Windows, there is the option for the "Logon to another domain" so I added the computer to my AD list and tried to login and it said "the security database for this computer does not have a computer domain trust relationship" I'm just...
  8. Exe file disappearing

Exe file disappearing: Hello I have downloaded a driver file from DevID.info DevlD_driverJnstaller_3447182106.exe for my Asus webcam which was not showing colour. I didn't have time to open it before it disappeared. I suspected a worm but Malwarebytes didn't find it. So where did it go and...
  9. One profile for Domain and non-domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One profile for Domain and non-domain: I have a couple users that work on their laptops outside of the office but need to connect to the domain when here. When they connect it creates a new profile and they have to re-register their software licenses. They also lose access to all of their documents and such unless...
  10. Slow Logon Times with Domain Account

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Logon Times with Domain Account: Hi all, I use my work laptop as my personal machine. When I logon away from the domain it takes about 3 minutes of the verbose message "waiting for user profile service" before it will show the desktop. Any ideas how to change the time out period for how long it waits to...