Windows 10: exe files not opening on W10

Discus and support exe files not opening on W10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I try to open System Mechanic I get the following message:the specified procedure could not be found. Also will not open any downloaded .exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JonAndie, Feb 20, 2020.

1. JonAndie Win User

exe files not opening on W10

When I try to open System Mechanic I get the following message:the specified procedure could not be found. Also will not open any downloaded .exe programs or files. Any suggestions?

Running W10 with all latest updates.

:)

JonAndie, Feb 20, 2020
  2. erocker Win User

Exe file slow to open

A SFX archive isn't going to open right away. The files have to be extracted first. When you are opening it in WinRar, it's not extracting the file, it's just reading it which is why it opens right away.

erocker, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    How to open a .exe file

Hi,

An EXE file (also known as executable file) contains an executable program for Windows. EXE is short for "executable," and it is the standard file extension used by Windows programs.

For us to better assist you with this, we'd like to know the following:

• Were you getting an error when opening a .exe file?
    • Was it compressed (zipped)?

Usually, you can just double left-click the .exe file (if not compressed) to open it. However, if it's compressed, you need to install a 3rd party software to extract it.

We're looking looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Feb 20, 2020
  4. exe files not opening on W10

can't open .exe files windows 10

Nothing happens after i I click on any .exe file

VijayNishad, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

exe files not opening on W10

1. exe files not opening on W10 - Similar Threads - exe files opening

2. EXE file will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EXE file will not open: I recently had some software installed on my computer that was not running well so I uninstalled and tried to reinstall it but the EXE file would no longer open. I googled the issue which references registry issues but having followed troubleshooting steps it still did not...
  3. EXE file will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EXE file will not open: I recently had some software installed on my computer that was not running well so I uninstalled and tried to reinstall it but the EXE file would no longer open. I googled the issue which references registry issues but having followed troubleshooting steps it still did not...
  4. EXE file will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to open exe file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open exe file: .exe file with word icon can't open in windows 10.Showing nothing when try to open.Tried regedit, disable firewall, cmd->assoc .exe=exefile .Using 2013 version of MS Office. Someone please help ,very urgent....
  6. .exe files not opening

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    .exe files not opening: I Recently Got Rid Of Malware On My Windows 10 Laptop, But It Doesn't Let Me Open Any .exe Files Anymore. It Gives Me The Error "Windows can't open this type of file.exe". Does Anyone Know A Solution To This Problem?...
  7. .exe Files Do Not Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .exe Files Do Not Open: When I open any .exe file, it shows the following, "Windows can't open this type of file .exe". For most files/apps, I can do the run as admin option and it will work, but for other files mainly being built in apps, an error pops up.Also every time I open the pc and log in, a...
  8. Opening exe file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening exe file: I have upgraded my windows 7 laptop from windows 7 to 10 and now I cannot run exe file by clicking on it or clicking run as administrator , the file doesn't open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-exe-file/a23ad151-4dca-47b8-8bcd-a9e25a4b44dd
  9. .exe Files Won't Open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .exe Files Won't Open: Whenever I try to open a .exe file (eg. a game or installer application) Windows will show an error message and will be unable to access the file. I tried using .reg files from trusted sites to fix any problems with the registry but .reg files will also display an error...
  10. Certain .exe files will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Certain .exe files will not open: Hello! I have a slightly odd problem. Certain .exe files (seemingly ones that don't require an install to run) on my laptop refuse to open, responding to different commands in different ways. When I first run them, I get a SmartScreen Filter alert. After pressing 'Run...