Windows 10: .exe files take AGES to open

Discus and support .exe files take AGES to open in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Basically my explorer freezes when i try to install something. Is my hard drive infected with something? Or is it faulty. Any help is appreciated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/phlip_lip, May 24, 2020.

1. .exe files take AGES to open

Basically my explorer freezes when i try to install something. Is my hard drive infected with something? Or is it faulty. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

submitted by /u/phlip_lip
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/phlip_lip, May 24, 2020
  2. erocker Win User

Exe file slow to open

A SFX archive isn't going to open right away. The files have to be extracted first. When you are opening it in WinRar, it's not extracting the file, it's just reading it which is why it opens right away.

erocker, May 24, 2020
  3. can't open .exe files windows 10

Nothing happens after i I click on any .exe file

VijayNishad, May 24, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

.exe files take AGES to open

How to open a .exe file

Hi,

An EXE file (also known as executable file) contains an executable program for Windows. EXE is short for "executable," and it is the standard file extension used by Windows programs.

For us to better assist you with this, we'd like to know the following:

• Were you getting an error when opening a .exe file?
    • Was it compressed (zipped)?

Usually, you can just double left-click the .exe file (if not compressed) to open it. However, if it's compressed, you need to install a 3rd party software to extract it.

We're looking looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, May 24, 2020
Thema:

.exe files take AGES to open

1. .exe files take AGES to open - Similar Threads - exe files AGES

2. Start menu takes ages to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu takes ages to open: hi,i have issue with my taskbar when i click start button it takes a loooong time to open search bar too and when i start my pc after boot the task bar doesn't load icons it also takes a long time to show icons it takes around 2-3 mins to load but all desktop icons load right...
  3. Start menu takes ages to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu takes ages to open: hi,i have issue with my taskbar when i click start button it takes a loooong time to open search bar too and when i start my pc after boot the task bar doesn't load icons it also takes a long time to show icons it takes around 2-3 mins to load but all desktop icons load right...
  4. Start menu takes ages to open

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Exe files take too long to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exe files take too long to open: Hello, everybodyI'm using Windows 10, I have recently been facing a problem that every single exe file takes forever to open.At the beginning I though the issue was with only one file " a program I use for my work it always takes time to open", but recently, I've noticed that...
  6. Exe files take too long to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exe files take too long to open: Hello, everybodyI'm using Windows 10, I have recently been facing a problem that every single exe file takes forever to open.At the beginning I though the issue was with only one file " a program I use for my work it always takes time to open", but recently, I've noticed that...
  7. Exe files take too long to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. EXE file will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EXE file will not open: I recently had some software installed on my computer that was not running well so I uninstalled and tried to reinstall it but the EXE file would no longer open. I googled the issue which references registry issues but having followed troubleshooting steps it still did not...
  9. .exe files not opening

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    .exe files not opening: I Recently Got Rid Of Malware On My Windows 10 Laptop, But It Doesn't Let Me Open Any .exe Files Anymore. It Gives Me The Error "Windows can't open this type of file.exe". Does Anyone Know A Solution To This Problem?...
  10. Opening exe file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening exe file: I have upgraded my windows 7 laptop from windows 7 to 10 and now I cannot run exe file by clicking on it or clicking run as administrator , the file doesn't open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-exe-file/a23ad151-4dca-47b8-8bcd-a9e25a4b44dd