Windows 10: exe files will not run unless .exe extension is included in command

Discus and support exe files will not run unless .exe extension is included in command in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator I posted about it a long time ago, but I've never been able to run anything without an .exe. . . . *Huh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KCR, Jan 20, 2021.

1. KCR
    KCR Win User

exe files will not run unless .exe extension is included in command

I posted about it a long time ago, but I've never been able to run anything without an .exe. . . . *Huh

exe files will not run unless .exe extension is included in command [​IMG]

Power Shell works just fine with out an .exe, though. . . ?

:)

2. No exe files will run!

No exe files will run. This includes, Command Prompt, regedit, reset (get started) or anything else that has exe file during exicution. Using windows 10, on a hp envy laptop. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

CharlesWolcottWD, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jan 20, 2021
  4. exe files will not run unless .exe extension is included in command

files not opening with .exe extension

I'm not able to run any of the .exe files on my windows 10 laptop.This really seems to be a
    strong virus because recently before this problem the google chrome page look had changed and was redirecting to yahoo page automatically for every search.although chrome is opening properly now but i can't open any of the .exe files of the
    system,including task manager,cmd prompt in admin mode,regedit,downloads with .exe extension ,etc.... Somebody please help me with this problem.I
    have really important work to complete. ;_;

mohammed98, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

exe files will not run unless .exe extension is included in command

1. exe files will not run unless .exe extension is included in command - Similar Threads - exe files run

2. .exe files will not run correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .exe files will not run correctly: Hello,I'm having trouble getting .exe files to run. When I try to run the file I can see that it sort of works through the task manager but it appears frozen and nothing pops up. I've checked the permissions through regedit and everything seems fine, I've tried turning off my...
  3. EXE FILE EXTENSION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    EXE FILE EXTENSION: Guys I was curious to know how to sole a silly issue that I encountered with while manipulating the registry keys. So the issue is I accidentally changed the .exe file extension to ask me an option to Open with. Forget about installing an app with .exe or or opening a...
  4. All .exe files opening in Blender, including the command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    All .exe files opening in Blender, including the command prompt: I was using Blender for a project, and I tried opening its own file type in it, which is .blend, but it wasn't associated with that application. So I went to a .blend file's properties, and choose the app blender.exe for it to be opened in. Guess what, every program's icon...
  5. Cannot download files with an EXE extension

Cannot download files with an EXE extension: This all started when I went to install Visual Studio 2019. I removed Visual Studio 2017, and cleaned out the folders left behind. When I went to install it, I could not download it with Chrome with Chrome reporting it as being blocked. I do not have "Safe Browsing"...
  6. unable to run *.exe files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to run *.exe files: unable to run *.exe files from different sources. Win 10 MS Surface pro 6 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-run-exe-files/c2331948-49a4-4c91-9b2d-a0523028ec41
  7. running .exe command

running .exe command: I am using mingw compiler. while i am running a CC++ program works fine program it compiles successfully but when i ran it i am facing a problem.I am getting that access is denied.I tried reinstalling but nothing has changed.I am facing this problem when i am connected to...
  8. No exe files will run!

No exe files will run!: No exe files will run. This includes, Command Prompt, regedit, reset get started or anything else that has exe file during exicution. Using windows 10, on a hp envy laptop. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  9. exe extension

exe extension: Every time I turn my windows computer on two .exe file continuously pops up for approval to install. How do I get rid of this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-extension/120b8cd1-1b35-438c-af1b-7316361b17bc
  10. Can not run all the .exe file included regedit.exe

Can not run all the .exe file included regedit.exe: Most of the program files can not run , included regedit. my access is Administrator. Keeps prompt me can not find the file. How to solve it ?...