Windows 10: EXE files wont start

Discus and support EXE files wont start in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, guys! I have an HP Laptop running Windows 10 Media Center Edition (Joke, It is actually Home) x64 and I've just downloaded an application used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LOLRyan2006, Dec 1, 2018.

1. EXE files wont start

Hello, guys! I have an HP Laptop running Windows 10 Media Center Edition (Joke, It is actually Home) x64 and I've just downloaded an application used for TV when I'm gone, but it won't start! I've edited the registry, Ran as an Administrator, I can't start safe mode, nothing works!!! Please help me!

:)

LOLRyan2006, Dec 1, 2018

2. Certain .EXE files wont start

Hi all,

I have a random problem.

Ive noticed recently that certain .exe files will not start after trying to run them. Nothing will happen. When I go to the task manager however, I will see them listed as running. The funny thing is, is that there are other .exe files that have no issue
    and install just fine. Im really at a loss.

For example, my Vive setup installer wont run but I have no issue installing Autodesk products. Also, my battlenet x86 wont run either! Im beginning to think its regulated 32bit programs as the Vive setup appears to be 32 bit.....

Ive tried modifying the registry, scanning for viruses, doing a system file check but everything seems fine.

Im running windows 10

Anybody have any similar issues?

THANKS

-Nick

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

NicholasEscalante, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Exe files wont open

We suggest that you try to reinstall Antivirus and see if it helps.

You can also run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them. Please see the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click Command Prompts (Admin)
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command and press Enter:
      sfc /scannow
    Provide us an update on the progress of your concern.

Kerwin Lee, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Keono Win User

EXE files wont start

.exe file wont run

So I'm trying to open a .exe file but all it does is show the blue loading circle and it doesn't do anything. The file wont open and when I try to download the file again it wont open. I'm currently running a windows 10. Can anyone help?

Keono, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

EXE files wont start

1. EXE files wont start - Similar Threads - EXE files wont

2. exe files and regedit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    exe files and regedit: I can't access any of my exe files or regedit. Every time I double click on a program, Windows 10 tells me to find an app to open it. When regedit came up the first time, I looked up the steps to getting my exe files to be recognized by Windows 10 and that didn't work. Now, I...
  3. Some .exe and .jar files wont run.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some .exe and .jar files wont run.: First i got Minecraft.jar which works at school but not at home it keeps on saying what do you want to use to run this. Then i got infiniminer.exe tried to run it and the same thing happened. Please help....
  4. .exe file wont run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .exe file wont run: So I'm trying to open a .exe file but all it does is show the blue loading circle and it doesn't do anything. The file wont open and when I try to download the file again it wont open. I'm currently running a windows 10. Can anyone help? 61193
  5. Impossible to starts some exe files!

Impossible to starts some exe files!: hello everyone, I need help as I have tried all of what i have found in this and other forums, whitout any success. Since a week icant start some exe files and i dont know why only some! i have appleied what was described in Restore Default File Type Associations in...
  6. Annoying .exe file

Annoying .exe file: [img] can somebody help me to remove this? It open once in while. Thanks #windows10home 15812
  7. The .exe wont run Please help

The .exe wont run Please help: Hi, Ok have a problem with .exe errors no software will open. eg. taskmanger wont open cmd wont open. i have tried everything. its like the .exe is turned off. And i cant fix it because i cant get to powershell or cmd to run commands. Bexuase i have a problem with .exe i...
  8. starting up a stand-alone .exe file during booting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    starting up a stand-alone .exe file during booting: I have a stand-alone .exe file, which I would like to start automatically during booting. Putting a shortcut in the W10 startup folder does not do the job. Does this only work for installed programs? 39463
  9. Wont start

in Windows 10 Support
    Wont start: I scheduled a task in scheduler and now it just won't boot up is there any way I can get it to stop. I can't even remember what task it was. But I thought maybe isn't there a way to like edit the registry offline through parted magic while its offline to stop whatever it is?...
  10. EXE files and Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    EXE files and Start menu: Is there any way I can put an .exe file on the Start menu? I know I can put a link to it on the desktop but that has too many icons on it already. Thank you. 22594