Windows 10: EXE files wont start

Discus and support EXE files wont start in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, guys! I have an HP Laptop running Windows 10 Media Center Edition (Joke, It is actually Home) x64 and I've just downloaded an application used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LOLRyan2006, Dec 1, 2018.

1. EXE files wont start

Hello, guys! I have an HP Laptop running Windows 10 Media Center Edition (Joke, It is actually Home) x64 and I've just downloaded an application used for TV when I'm gone, but it won't start! I've edited the registry, Ran as an Administrator, I can't start safe mode, nothing works!!! Please help me!

:)

LOLRyan2006, Dec 1, 2018

2. Certain .EXE files wont start

Hi all,

I have a random problem.

Ive noticed recently that certain .exe files will not start after trying to run them. Nothing will happen. When I go to the task manager however, I will see them listed as running. The funny thing is, is that there are other .exe files that have no issue
    and install just fine. Im really at a loss.

For example, my Vive setup installer wont run but I have no issue installing Autodesk products. Also, my battlenet x86 wont run either! Im beginning to think its regulated 32bit programs as the Vive setup appears to be 32 bit.....

Ive tried modifying the registry, scanning for viruses, doing a system file check but everything seems fine.

Im running windows 10

Anybody have any similar issues?

THANKS

-Nick

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

NicholasEscalante, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Exe files wont open

We suggest that you try to reinstall Antivirus and see if it helps.

You can also run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them. Please see the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click Command Prompts (Admin)
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command and press Enter:
      sfc /scannow
    Provide us an update on the progress of your concern.

Kerwin Lee, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Keono Win User

EXE files wont start

.exe file wont run

So I'm trying to open a .exe file but all it does is show the blue loading circle and it doesn't do anything. The file wont open and when I try to download the file again it wont open. I'm currently running a windows 10. Can anyone help?

Keono, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

EXE files wont start

1. EXE files wont start - Similar Threads - EXE files wont

2. Exe files wont open

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Exe files wont open: When I download new exe files such as discord installer and run it, it won't do anything; it will not load at all. I tried it with a different installer when I tried to download Anaconda and vs code which would download since the installer won't open; I was going to try on a...
  3. Exe files wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exe files wont open: When I download new exe files such as discord installer and run it, it won't do anything; it will not load at all. I tried it with a different installer when I tried to download Anaconda and vs code which would download since the installer won't open; I was going to try on a...
  4. Exe files wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Exe files wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. .exe files and some apps wont open

.exe files and some apps wont open: suddenly from yesterday some of my apps wont open .Spotify app is not opening, zoom and skype tooI tried uninstalling some recent apps that I had installed but uninstall was not working even control panel wasn't opening i opened safe mode and control panel and remove a...
  7. Exe files Wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Exe files Wont open: I am stuck in SAFE MODE because no exe file will open!! I cant access Regedit, Msconfig, Cmd or Powershell any EXE file so I cant even change to different account to get out of safe mode. Everytime I click on exe file the store app pops up and I have tried reset on that app...
  8. Some .exe and .jar files wont run.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some .exe and .jar files wont run.: First i got Minecraft.jar which works at school but not at home it keeps on saying what do you want to use to run this. Then i got infiniminer.exe tried to run it and the same thing happened. Please help....
  9. .exe file wont run

.exe file wont run: So I'm trying to open a .exe file but all it does is show the blue loading circle and it doesn't do anything. The file wont open and when I try to download the file again it wont open. I'm currently running a windows 10. Can anyone help? 61193
  10. EXE files and Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    EXE files and Start menu: Is there any way I can put an .exe file on the Start menu? I know I can put a link to it on the desktop but that has too many icons on it already. Thank you. 22594

Users found this page by searching for:

1. exe app wont start for no reason