Windows 10: .EXE files

Discus and support .EXE files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was just wondering if anyone could help or explain to me what exactly this is and what it's used for BridgeCummunication.exe. I noticed it running in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kylewest1, Apr 21, 2020.

1. kylewest1 Win User

.EXE files

I was just wondering if anyone could help or explain to me what exactly this is and what it's used for BridgeCummunication.exe. I noticed it running in my task manager under services and was running as a application. Thankful for any help provided.

:)

kylewest1, Apr 21, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Apr 21, 2020
  3. .exe files

Hi,

The file extension .exe is an executable file format in Windows operating system. To better understand your concern, we’d like to request for an elaborate detail for us to determine what causes this file not to open by answering these questions:

• Resetting Windows 10 is a last resort of troubleshooting. Are you experiencing other issues on your computer?
    • What is the program are you trying to launch?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error message when you launch this application?

We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Apr 21, 2020
  4. .EXE files

I changes .exe (Default) files data value, and now I can't open .exe files. Can anyone tell me the normal data value for .exe?

Hello Nilson,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have changed the values of .exe file extension and now you are unable to open any .exe files. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How did you change the values of the .exe file extensions?
    • What was the issue to change the values for .exe?
    • Is the PC used for testing purpose or you have you changed the values for any developing purpose?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

.EXE files

1. .EXE files - Similar Threads - EXE files

2. I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont: I cant open this exe file even though I can run other exe files.And my threat protection says that it needs to be restarted but I cant, it just keeps loading.A friend told me this had to do something with a registry error or something like that but they aren't sure either....
  3. I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont: I cant open this exe file even though I can run other exe files.And my threat protection says that it needs to be restarted but I cant, it just keeps loading.A friend told me this had to do something with a registry error or something like that but they aren't sure either....
  4. How to reset your .exe file types or defaults?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset your .exe file types or defaults?: So, another day I was working on my laptop, and I wanted to open an extension file in Google Chrome and I accidentallyforgot to uncheck the "Always open with " box and well it happened, all of my .exe files now wanted to open in google chrome. Now whenever I try to open a...
  5. How to reset your .exe file types or defaults?

How to reset your .exe file types or defaults?: So, another day I was working on my laptop, and I wanted to open an extension file in Google Chrome and I accidentallyforgot to uncheck the "Always open with " box and well it happened, all of my .exe files now wanted to open in google chrome. Now whenever I try to open a...
  6. How to reset your .exe file types or defaults?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. trouble with an exe file that is precluding me from installing Wireshark.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    trouble with an exe file that is precluding me from installing Wireshark.: I am trying to install Wireshark on my Windows 10 pc, but I get an error BCMWLTRY.EXE which stops the downloading process. I can't even find that file and would it damage my OS if I erased it? Moreover, I read that if this particular file resides in my C drive, which it does,...
  8. trouble with an exe file that is precluding me from installing Wireshark.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trouble with an exe file that is precluding me from installing Wireshark.: I am trying to install Wireshark on my Windows 10 pc, but I get an error BCMWLTRY.EXE which stops the downloading process. I can't even find that file and would it damage my OS if I erased it? Moreover, I read that if this particular file resides in my C drive, which it does,...
  9. trouble with an exe file that is precluding me from installing Wireshark.

10. I cant open .exe files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant open .exe files: hello, My issue i am having is that no matter what i cannot open .exe files. or more lie files specifically from github or so i know of. I have tried a number of "solutions".1. Check for MalwareMalware or viruses can sometimes cause .exe files not to run. Running a full...