Windows 10: .exe files

Discus and support .exe files in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; As of recently many .exe files have been flagged for changing protected files, and I am worried that I have a Trojan or virus of some sort. It has... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by gonnieas, Jul 22, 2021.

1. gonnieas Win User

.exe files

As of recently many .exe files have been flagged for changing protected files, and I am worried that I have a Trojan or virus of some sort. It has flagged a file called spotify.exe and SetAPM.exe. I had spotify but I deleted it after this had happened.

:)

gonnieas, Jul 22, 2021
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jul 22, 2021
  3. .exe files

Hi,

The file extension .exe is an executable file format in Windows operating system. To better understand your concern, we’d like to request for an elaborate detail for us to determine what causes this file not to open by answering these questions:

• Resetting Windows 10 is a last resort of troubleshooting. Are you experiencing other issues on your computer?
    • What is the program are you trying to launch?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error message when you launch this application?

We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Jul 22, 2021
  4. .exe files

I changes .exe (Default) files data value, and now I can't open .exe files. Can anyone tell me the normal data value for .exe?

Hello Nilson,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have changed the values of .exe file extension and now you are unable to open any .exe files. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How did you change the values of the .exe file extensions?
    • What was the issue to change the values for .exe?
    • Is the PC used for testing purpose or you have you changed the values for any developing purpose?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

.exe files

1. .exe files - Similar Threads - exe files

2. Is it possible to access an another exe file from the custom shell launcher?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to access an another exe file from the custom shell launcher?: Hi, I am working with windows custom shell launcher v2. I have configured everything and it works completely fine.First of all, the given definition of custom shell launcher v2 is that it will replace the explorer.exe with the customshellapplication.exei.e the application...
  3. Why isn't file explorer not opening .exe's?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why isn't file explorer not opening .exe's?: When i try to open any exe files on explorer it does the busy cursor then it doesn't open it? any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-file-explorer-not-opening-exes/6a803796-da43-4ab8-b50e-887d4de66ee1
  4. How to convert EXE file to APK file to run on Android

in Windows 10 News
    How to convert EXE file to APK file to run on Android: [ATTACH]Want to use your Windows PC files on your Android devices? Well, you can. Before we get into the details like what do we need to convert a .exe file into a .apk file or how to convert it, let’s talk about basics. What is a .exe File? A .exe is a very common file […]...
  5. Some (not all) setup EXE files do not execute.

in Windows 10 Support
    Some (not all) setup EXE files do not execute.: Many recent EXE application set up files will not run. This presumably started a few days ago, but I then thought it was confined to just one setup EXE (Ultimaker_Cura-4.10.0-amd64.exe). This morning I discovered it's many (but NOT all) of them. The inactive ones seem to be...
  6. alcuni file exe non si aprono

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    alcuni file exe non si aprono: alcuni file exe non si aprono e non ne conosco il motivo. Ho provato a scaricare vari programmi che avrebbero la stessa funzione all`interno di un gioco ma non si aprono proprio. Ho pensato ci fosse un errore o qualcosa del genere, ma nel computer di un mio amico funziona...
  7. Blocked exe file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked exe file: I am sure someone somewhere has a virtual voodoo doll of me. This is the exe file for a game I have had since 2007. It has never happened before. I have scanned the folder with Kaspersky. It says its clean. I have switched off UAC, then switched off the pc, and restarted it,...
  8. How do I stop child from renaming exe file to avoid family safety?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I stop child from renaming exe file to avoid family safety?: My child downloads a file, and we block the file with family safety.Child downloads file from another source a mirror site and renames the file to "abc123.exe" and it runs, since it doesn't need to install itself to Windows. It shows up later in the family safety page, like...
  9. SmartScreen warning on a exe file though it is signed by Digicert EV CS certificate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SmartScreen warning on a exe file though it is signed by Digicert EV CS certificate: Hello Team,I have one of my Customer sign their exe file with Digicert's EV CS Extended Validation Code SIgning Certificate a few days ago.However when we either try to download the file through Microsoft Edge or Install it, the Microsoft Defender Smartscreen flag it as...
  10. SmartScreen warning on a exe file though it is signed by Digicert EV CS certificate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SmartScreen warning on a exe file though it is signed by Digicert EV CS certificate: Hello Team,I have one of my Customer sign their exe file with Digicert's EV CS Extended Validation Code SIgning Certificate a few days ago.However when we either try to download the file through Microsoft Edge or Install it, the Microsoft Defender Smartscreen flag it as...