Windows 10: EXE i developed refuses to execute on recipient's PC from downloads folder

Discus and support EXE i developed refuses to execute on recipient's PC from downloads folder in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I wrote a console program in Visual Studio that works fine. When emailed to a friend's downloads folder, PC flatly refuses to execute it without giving... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JackFrosty, May 10, 2022.

1. EXE i developed refuses to execute on recipient's PC from downloads folder

I wrote a console program in Visual Studio that works fine. When emailed to a friend's downloads folder, PC flatly refuses to execute it without giving choice. Js there a workaround for this?

:)

JackFrosty, May 10, 2022

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 10, 2022
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    .exe Development

Hi St0rmbringer616

Wow, developing an OS is a major project to undertaking . . .

When you say you want to get permission to use the exe format on your PC, do you mean you just want to use the exe file extension or are you concerned with copyright on the exe file format?

Do you intend for developers to compile their applications into an exe and then run those on your new OS?

DaveM121, May 10, 2022
  4. TParky Win User

EXE i developed refuses to execute on recipient's PC from downloads folder

Block Web Browsers Executing downloaded files

hi guys,

im looking for a way to stop a user downloading a exe and Opening it from the web browser.

We are already using software security policies to stop execution from the temp folders etc but is there any other steps we could put in place?

TParky, May 10, 2022
Thema:

EXE i developed refuses to execute on recipient's PC from downloads folder

1. EXE i developed refuses to execute on recipient's PC from downloads folder - Similar Threads - EXE developed refuses

2. Allow an app or exe to read & execute WindowsApps folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Allow an app or exe to read & execute WindowsApps folder: Hello Microsoft Community,I'm a bit stumped trying to add a permission for a program and an EXE to access WindowsApps folder and subfolders. Adding a new permission doesn't seem possible or, as it looks to me, greyed out. I am using an administrator account. I've checkedWhy...
  3. Allow an app or exe to read & execute WindowsApps folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allow an app or exe to read & execute WindowsApps folder: Hello Microsoft Community,I'm a bit stumped trying to add a permission for a program and an EXE to access WindowsApps folder and subfolders. Adding a new permission doesn't seem possible or, as it looks to me, greyed out. I am using an administrator account. I've checkedWhy...
  4. Allow an app or exe to read & execute WindowsApps folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Error executing exe file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error executing exe file: Every time I try to download something by running an exe file, the computer keeps rebooting. It always reboot during download after running exe file. What should i do fix the problem? Pls help me.. submitted by /u/gevatte [link] [comments]...
  6. Certain .exe files refuse to start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain .exe files refuse to start: I have a problem where certain, not all .exe files refuse to boot. What happens is I start them up and then nothing happens. When I check in task manager, the process is there for a couple of seconds and then disappears. This doesn't happen with all .exe files, as many still...
  7. Computer refuses to open .exe files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer refuses to open .exe files: Out of nowhere my computer has stopped opening .exe files and instead a pop up appears reading (file name)-Bad Image C:\Windows\System32\msdmo.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. I first noticed this when trying to open the Ubisoft game...
  8. Downloads folder missing from This PC, two folders with download arrow

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloads folder missing from This PC, two folders with download arrow: I accidentally moved my downloads to the wrong folder. I managed to sort that out but I created an odd situation. I have 2 folders with download arrow icons, one named mgran and one named Downloads. The Quick Access is pointing to the correct Downloads, the other is my...
  9. I am having difficulty send email messages to multiple recipients. I developed a...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am having difficulty send email messages to multiple recipients. I developed a...: What should I do when I get an error message stating that some of the recipients did not receive this message. THis is when I send emails to multiple recipients. What am I doing wrong? I was successful before sending messages to multiple recipients and now I am not able to...
  10. No exe can be executed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No exe can be executed: Hello. I tried to execute an exe file created by the compilation of code in MS Visual studio 2015 but it doesn't work. Every time i try to execute it stucks. Specifically in command prompt, Ctrl+C doesn't work. Then I tried to compile the code in other apps. But the...