Windows 10: .exe viewer only opens for a few seconds

Discus and support .exe viewer only opens for a few seconds in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I am trying to open a .exe viewer but when I open it it closes after a few seconds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChrisDaly72, May 2, 2020.

1. .exe viewer only opens for a few seconds

Hi

I am trying to open a .exe viewer but when I open it it closes after a few seconds

:)

ChrisDaly72, May 2, 2020
  2. BettyEAM Win User

task viewer icon(virtual desktop)

I have the same problem. The task viewer icon was there but is now gone. I have gone through the steps you listed but no viewer. Then I created a new profile and the task viewer is there. Now, how do I get the task viewer back in my taskbar in my
    original profile??

BettyEAM, May 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, May 2, 2020
  4. LemP Win User

.exe viewer only opens for a few seconds

what happen to windows photo viewer

That's what I was trying to say to you: the file for Windows Photo Viewer is a DLL file and not an EXE file. It needs a specific command to run:

where the last parameter -- %1 -- is the full path to the image file.

Rather than having to use that cumbersome command (from a Command Prompt window), you should be able to get WPV back by right-clicking on an image file and selecting WPV from the list of suggested applications.

What happens if you right-click on an image file (e.g., a *.jpg file) and select "Open with"? Do you see Windows Photo Viewer at the bottom of the list?

LemP, May 2, 2020
Thema:

.exe viewer only opens for a few seconds

1. .exe viewer only opens for a few seconds - Similar Threads - exe viewer opens

2. Windows Security only opens on second startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security only opens on second startup: Hi,My install: Windows 11 23H2I've noticed a problem for some time. When I first start up the computer, the Windows Security icon the blue shield has a yellow exclamation mark see picture below, and I can't open the Windows Security settings. When I click on it, nothing...
  3. Windows Security only opens on second startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security only opens on second startup: Hi,My install: Windows 11 23H2I've noticed a problem for some time. When I first start up the computer, the Windows Security icon the blue shield has a yellow exclamation mark see picture below, and I can't open the Windows Security settings. When I click on it, nothing...
  4. The search box disappears after a few seconds of opening it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The search box disappears after a few seconds of opening it: I reinstalled windows 10 two days ago and tried to use the search box but every time I try to use it closes itself, I tried to update and reboot my computer but it is still not working, any help? submitted by /u/Yastron [link] [comments]...
  5. EXE Files only opening as 7zip

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    EXE Files only opening as 7zip: Good day, I'm currently helping with some office work as tech support, and I've run into an issue while trying to install a printer driver on an older laptop. One of the office workers needed a computer, so I found an older laptop and updated it to Windows 10, and it has...
  6. Minecraft closes a few seconds after it opens.

Minecraft closes a few seconds after it opens.: So I just bought Minecraft for Windows 10 a few minutes ago, installed it and opened it. To my surprise it closed after a few seconds maybe 5 when I first opened it, and less than 3 after i repeated the process. I reinstalled it and even reset it but the problem still...
  7. PC Settings only remins open for a few seconds. How can I fix that?

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Settings only remins open for a few seconds. How can I fix that?: February 9, 2020 Just upgraded my Lenovo Yoga 14 to the latest Windows Update. No when I click on PC Settings the window only remains open for a few seconds and nothing can be accessed. Some settings like Display Setting and Personalize are available from right clicking on...
  8. Missing "open with" options for EXEs only.

Missing "open with" options for EXEs only.: I can see it when I open text files and such but not when opening exes. This usually isn't a problem but for some reason I have one exe that is opening with adobe flash player... Edit: Ok it's not only with exes but it does work for some types but not others....
  9. Settings closing few seconds after opening it.

Settings closing few seconds after opening it.: When I try to open settings on windows 10, it shows up for few seconds and closes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/settings-closing-few-seconds-after-opening-it/9064bd52-340a-476d-b259-9ec362da2b82
  10. Windows Photo Viewer crashes after a few seconds after opening

Windows Photo Viewer crashes after a few seconds after opening: Greetings, I'm somewhat attached to the old Windows Photo Viewer and prefer to keep using it on Win 10. Nevertheless, just today it started freezing after a few seconds. So I manage to view image 1, then "next" image 2, and then it won't move. If I just open the first...