Windows 10: Executable file not running

Discus and support Executable file not running in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have the following problem: Few months ago I wrote a python program that I converted with pyinstaller to an executable file. The .exe file ran... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dijon_002, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Dijon_002 Win User

Executable file not running

Hi,

I have the following problem:

Few months ago I wrote a python program that I converted with pyinstaller to an executable file. The .exe file ran smoothly. I got myself a new laptop and wanted to try the program, unfortunately I cannot start the program.

Things I've tried:

1 Run as administrator

2 Disable Windows Defender

3 Troubleshoot compatibility

4 Run from command prompt

None of these helped. When I hit Enter there isn't even a process in Task Manager that starts and perhaps afterwards crashes.

Both laptops have Windows 10 and the program still runs on the older laptop.

Thank you for your help in advance !

:)

Dijon_002, Dec 3, 2020

2. Execute a command from SCCM Task sequence step "Run a Command line"

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

That will work indeed, however I need to run it from the SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step and I am not able to figure out how to do that.

Can we change line while executing command from SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step?

Regards

sccm_learner, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Is it possible to disable file execution from drag and drop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?

I suggest you to check if you can copy or paste the same files. Follow the below steps.

• Check if you can copy and paste.
    • Right click on the file select copy and paste the file in the drop box.
    Or you can also use the following step:

• Select the file press Ctrl + C.
    • Go to the drop box press Ctrl + V.
    If it is working fine, I suggest you to run an SFC scan and check if there are any corrupted files in the system causing the issue.

Method 1: Run SFC Scan

Click on the below link and follow the procedure to perform a SFC Scan.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Check if it helps.

If the issue persists, as a work around, download and install the latest display drivers from your computer manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Arjai Win User

Crucial® Storage Executive

Just came across this...

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/support-storage-executive

Just downloaded the .zip file. I will post again with my findings.

Arjai, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Executable file not running - Similar Threads - Executable file running

2. Multiple antimalware executable files running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple antimalware executable files running: There are like 20-25 of those when i scroll down. Recently upgraded to windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-antimalware-executable-files-running/fca118dd-86ea-423e-8dbb-577e4bd3d6a9
  3. Multiple antimalware executable files running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple antimalware executable files running: There are like 20-25 of those when i scroll down. Recently upgraded to windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-antimalware-executable-files-running/fca118dd-86ea-423e-8dbb-577e4bd3d6a9
  4. I want to run an executable file that is not an app at startup of Windows.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to run an executable file that is not an app at startup of Windows.: I want to run an executable file that is not an app at startup on Windows 10. The executable happens to be a process monitor that I have used for years on Windows 7 and earlier versions Procexp64.exe but the specifics shouldn't matter. It was quite easy to add it as a simple...
  5. Win10 slow to run executables

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 slow to run executables: This is particularly noticeable on small apps I am used to seeing open the moment I click them. The best way I Can describe it I suppose its kind of lag a heavy a/v lag, but it even does it if I disable real time checking in defender. I still have my win8 on another boot...
  6. Windows execute file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows execute file: Approximately 3 minutes after switching on the computer, during startup, I get the following page appearing on the screen for about 1 second. C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\V2.0.50727\installutil.exe This page flashes up 32 times before everything settles down. Has...
  7. Why executable files won't run?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why executable files won't run?: I installed OS Windows 10 Education N 2004. Updated OS and restarted repeatedly. There are no more update recommendations. Tried to install .Net 4.8, but both online and offline installers would not start. Installed Windows 10 SDK, with which .Net Framework 4.8 was installed....
  8. Executables running but no active window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Executables running but no active window: Over the past 2 weeks I've had this stupid fucking issue I can't fix. It started out with Steam. If I'd close it with the X and try reopening it, it wouldn't open, no matter what task manager bullshit I do - until I restart my computer. Then it happened to Minecraft. Then it...
  9. Location of Windows Run executable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location of Windows Run executable: Can someone please tell me the location of the executable for the Windows Run program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-of-windows-run-executable/f78733fe-22d8-46f6-84f4-872e18c17c13"
  10. RUN won't 'execute' EXE files

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    RUN won't 'execute' EXE files: Since 1803 was loaded on 3 of my Dell laptops (various models) I've discovered that the RUN function (under Windows Start Button) won't "run" an EXE file that is located in my download folder. Same response on 3 different laptops. I have a history of the APP for these EXEs...