Windows 10: Executable Program within a Saved Folder on OneDrive

Discus and support Executable Program within a Saved Folder on OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a folder with years of scanned documents. The folder has an executable program that searches and finds requested pages or documents. I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stevew7704, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Executable Program within a Saved Folder on OneDrive

I have a folder with years of scanned documents. The folder has an executable program that searches and finds requested pages or documents. I use window 10 operating system. The folder is approx. 876MB

My question: Can I save the Folder to OneDrive and then open it and run the Executable program to search for saved pages or documents inside that folder?

:)

stevew7704, Jan 5, 2021

2. Utilities that I run can no longer automatically save files to my OneDrive

Hi Alan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To set OneDrive as your default location to save your documents and files, follow the below steps.

1. Click on the OneDrive icon from the Taskbar area > Click on the menu button (three-dots) on the top-right corner > Click on
      Settings > Go to the Auto Save tab.
    2. Using the drop-down menu, select OneDrive for
      Desktop
      , Documents, and Pictures and click on
      OK.
    3. Once you complete the above steps, restart the computer once and try saving the files generated from utilities and check if it is saving in
      C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\Documents folder.

If you are still facing the same issue, then I suggest you to contact OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue by following the below steps.

• Login to
      https://onedrive.com/
    • Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    • Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Nan_J Win User
    OneDrive "only" folders on Windows Phone 8 vs OneDrive online.

Hi tribexx,

Thanks for following up with detailed steps.

After the "Saved pictures from SkyDrive" gets generated, you can find them from the OneDrive.

• Launch OneDrive from app list
    • You will find the "Saved Pictures" from "files pivot" (root level) and/or under "Pictures" folder
    • Tap into "Saved Pictures" from OneDrive app, you can (multiple) delete files or perform other operations from there. For multiple delete
      • Tap on "select"
      • Multiple selection of files you want to delete
      • Tap on delete
      • And confirm

You can also try to use the "search" from app bar (at the bottom of screen) to search "Saved pictures". If you still cannot find the "Saved pictures", please let us know.

Thank you.

Nan_J, Jan 5, 2021
  4. TarAn_D Win User

Executable Program within a Saved Folder on OneDrive

Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

When you set up OneDrive to sync with your computer, a folder C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive will be created to store the contents. XXXX denotes your username. To move this folder to another location follow these simple steps:

1. Unlink OneDrive from your PC:

• Go to the taskbar notification area
    • Right-click on the OneDrive icon
    • Select settings
    • Click: Unlink this PC
    2. Delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive folder

3. Create a new folder (target folder) for OneDrive contents, e.g. D:\OneDrive

4. Create Directory Junction for the new folder

• In the search area of the taskbar type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • In the command window type
    mklink /J C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive D:\OneDrive

adjusting it to your specific username and selection of the target folder

5. Link again OneDrive to your PC using the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area

TarAn_D, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Executable Program within a Saved Folder on OneDrive

1. Executable Program within a Saved Folder on OneDrive - Similar Threads - Executable Program within

2. .R programming file saved in OneDrive but 0kB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .R programming file saved in OneDrive but 0kB: Hi I've saved .R programming files on OneDrive in Windows, but when I tried to open them they were both empty. I also checked the OneDrive website but it's the same. Let me know if there are any way the information can be recovered...
  3. .R programming file saved in OneDrive but 0kB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .R programming file saved in OneDrive but 0kB: Hi I've saved .R programming files on OneDrive in Windows, but when I tried to open them they were both empty. I also checked the OneDrive website but it's the same. Let me know if there are any way the information can be recovered...
  4. Execution Command Save

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Execution Command Save: after execution Window Store missing command how will I save https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/execution-command-save/f4fb6838-4af5-4c67-8821-ec6d6b8859de
  5. Execution Command Save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Execution Command Save: after execution Window Store missing command how will I save https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/execution-command-save/f4fb6838-4af5-4c67-8821-ec6d6b8859de
  6. Execution Command Save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Inkscape is saving to OneDrive folder and not Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Inkscape is saving to OneDrive folder and not Documents: When I go to export a PNG to This PC -> Documents Inkscape is saving to OneDrive/Documents instead. I don't have OneDrive installed. I don't want to have anything to do with OneDrive. 174830
  8. Have A Folder Within OneDrive Folder Not Sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Have A Folder Within OneDrive Folder Not Sync: Hi, I have a folder within my OneDrive folder that I would like to keep from syncing. How can I make it so that this folder is not synced? Thanks in advance...
  9. Hardlinked files within OneDrive folders

Hardlinked files within OneDrive folders: Hello, I have a simple question because I cannot figure out OneDrive's behaviour in this scenario. Suppose I have some text file in a OneDrive subfolder that I need to reference in several different projects, simultaneously. I want to keep only one copy of this file, but...
  10. Screenshots will only save to OneDrive folder.

Screenshots will only save to OneDrive folder.: Hi all, When I set up my Surface Go, I signed in to OneDrive, as one does. However, I apparently made the mistake of checking the "Automatically save screenshots I capture to OneDrive" box, and now they won't save anywhere else. I wanted to close down OneDrive, I feel...