Windows 10: Executables only opening as a background process, not on the desktop.

Discus and support Executables only opening as a background process, not on the desktop. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been trying to open Flashpoint for a while, but whenever I do, it instead opens as a background process, and I cant figure out how to make a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ryancherry2, Sep 7, 2021.

1. Executables only opening as a background process, not on the desktop.

I have been trying to open Flashpoint for a while, but whenever I do, it instead opens as a background process, and I cant figure out how to make a desktop process. I have updated all my drivers, and Flashpoint was working fine up until now. I have had the same issue with other executables, such as the MultiMC launcher.

:)

Ryancherry2, Sep 7, 2021

2. Desktop app runs as background process?

Thank you for your reply, Joy.

I tried what you suggested and unfortunately my application isn't listed there. It's not a Windows 10 app, but an older 32-bit application that should run in windowed mode, but for some reason when I double click its icon it starts as a background process
    instead of a windowed app. That happens in most of the cases, fortunately, at the end it somehow starts as a desktop app. But I cannot reproduce this behavior.

As a temporary solution, to keep it in windowed mode I never shut the computer down, but instead I leave the application running and put the computer to sleep.

Is there a setting to instruct Windows to run my application as a desktop application and not as a background process? Thank you.

Regards,

A

useless-me, Sep 7, 2021
  3. Misiowiec Win User
    Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Sep 7, 2021
  4. Executables only opening as a background process, not on the desktop.

Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

Change desktop background and colors

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 7, 2021
Thema:

Executables only opening as a background process, not on the desktop.

1. Executables only opening as a background process, not on the desktop. - Similar Threads - Executables opening background

2. APP OPENS ONLY AS A BACKGROUND PROCESS AND DOESN'T SHOW ANY INTERFACE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    APP OPENS ONLY AS A BACKGROUND PROCESS AND DOESN'T SHOW ANY INTERFACE: Issue Description:The Anghami app does not open properly on my PC.When attempting to launch the app, it remains as a background process and does not display the user interface.The only way I can temporarily resolve this issue is by restarting my laptop with the Wi-Fi turned...
  3. APP OPENS ONLY AS A BACKGROUND PROCESS AND DOESN'T SHOW ANY INTERFACE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    APP OPENS ONLY AS A BACKGROUND PROCESS AND DOESN'T SHOW ANY INTERFACE: Issue Description:The Anghami app does not open properly on my PC.When attempting to launch the app, it remains as a background process and does not display the user interface.The only way I can temporarily resolve this issue is by restarting my laptop with the Wi-Fi turned...
  4. one program open only as background processes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    one program open only as background processes: I have same problem as here:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-programs-only-open-as-background-processes/556f3615-aa6e-4416-94a9-e59fe938db7bBut only with one program, Aerosoft Launcher.I didnt had problem when I used first new pc with Windows10, but...
  5. one program open only as background processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    one program open only as background processes: I have same problem as here:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-programs-only-open-as-background-processes/556f3615-aa6e-4416-94a9-e59fe938db7bBut only with one program, Aerosoft Launcher.I didnt had problem when I used first new pc with Windows10, but...
  6. one program open only as background processes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. App is only opening as a background process instead of an App in the task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App is only opening as a background process instead of an App in the task manager: I am running into an issue where an app on my computer won't open at all. When you go to run the application, it shows up in the task manager as a background process but not an App which is not how it's supposed to be. I tried multiple clean installs of the software, changing...
  8. Program Opening Only As Background Process

Program Opening Only As Background Process: I have been having this issue for nearly two years now, but I have only sought to remedy it recently. When I attempt to run certain apps, the cursor shows as "Working in Background", signifying that the app is starting up, yet the app never progresses past being a background...
  9. Programs on my laptop only open as background processes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs on my laptop only open as background processes: So I'm having trouble opening apps; for example, when I try to open zoom it won't pop up on my screen but it will show up in task manager under background processes. This opening error happened overnight and has affected other apps on my pc too. I found this which describes...
  10. Some Programs Only Open as Background Processes

Some Programs Only Open as Background Processes: I've recently been having a problem opening certain programs properly on Windows 10. For over a month, some programs that I used to use perfectly fine before have now started to not open anything when I click on them. Regardless of whether I open them from the File Explorer...