Windows 10: Executables running but no active window

Discus and support Executables running but no active window in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Over the past 2 weeks I've had this stupid fucking issue I can't fix. It started out with Steam. If I'd close it with the X and try reopening it, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/extraWill, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Executables running but no active window

Over the past 2 weeks I've had this stupid fucking issue I can't fix. It started out with Steam. If I'd close it with the X and try reopening it, it wouldn't open, no matter what task manager bullshit I do - until I restart my computer. Then it happened to Minecraft. Then it happened to GTA. Can't open the game after closing until I restart.

I just downloaded the game Karlson. It's finally pissing me off. The executable is running in "Details" very clearly but there's no window. Now I can't even launch the game.

submitted by /u/extraWill
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/extraWill, Jan 17, 2020

2. Execute a command from SCCM Task sequence step "Run a Command line"

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

That will work indeed, however I need to run it from the SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step and I am not able to figure out how to do that.

Can we change line while executing command from SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step?

Regards

sccm_learner, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Activation Error: 0xC004F034

Hi Greg,

This error code is usually caused by a problem with the product key. For better assistance, we would like to clarify how you got the Windows 10 Pro? Is it supplied by a company?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter and try activating Windows 10 Pro again. To run the Activation troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Select Activation in the left pane of the window.
    • Click Troubleshoot.

If your Windows 10 Pro is supplied by a company, we recommend that you get in touch with your organization's support for assistance with the activation.

We'll be waiting to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Executables running but no active window

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Executables running but no active window

1. Executables running but no active window - Similar Threads - Executables running active

2. Multiple antimalware executable files running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple antimalware executable files running: There are like 20-25 of those when i scroll down. Recently upgraded to windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-antimalware-executable-files-running/fca118dd-86ea-423e-8dbb-577e4bd3d6a9
  3. executable won't run on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    executable won't run on windows 10: I made a tic tac toe gamec# and made it into an executable. When I try to run the executable a message pops up saying "This app can't run on your pc" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/executable-wont-run-on-windows-10/393693b6-dc45-474e-836a-a13cbc3693fd
  4. Win10 slow to run executables

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 slow to run executables: This is particularly noticeable on small apps I am used to seeing open the moment I click them. The best way I Can describe it I suppose its kind of lag a heavy a/v lag, but it even does it if I disable real time checking in defender. I still have my win8 on another boot...
  5. Executable file not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Executable file not running: Hi, I have the following problem: Few months ago I wrote a python program that I converted with pyinstaller to an executable file. The .exe file ran smoothly. I got myself a new laptop and wanted to try the program, unfortunately I cannot start the program. Things I've...
  6. Antimalware Service Executable Runs at Startup

Antimalware Service Executable Runs at Startup: The issue is Antimalware Service Executable starts automatically at startup and makes my system unresponsive for long time. I know that "Windows Defender" scans files in background to provide us real-time protection but I haven't downloaded or stored even a single new file. I...
  7. Location of Windows Run executable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location of Windows Run executable: Can someone please tell me the location of the executable for the Windows Run program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-of-windows-run-executable/f78733fe-22d8-46f6-84f4-872e18c17c13"
  8. C++ Executable will not run on Windows 10

C++ Executable will not run on Windows 10: I wrote a C++ program that has run well for many years on various Windows versions including Windows 10. On brand new computers preloaded with Windows 10, the program will not run. It installs fine, but when you click on the executable nothing happens. There are no errors of...
  9. Antimalware service executable runs constantly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware service executable runs constantly: How do I stop antimalware service executable from running constantly windows 10? I would like to disable windows defender, but do not know how....
  10. RUN won't 'execute' EXE files

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    RUN won't 'execute' EXE files: Since 1803 was loaded on 3 of my Dell laptops (various models) I've discovered that the RUN function (under Windows Start Button) won't "run" an EXE file that is located in my download folder. Same response on 3 different laptops. I have a history of the APP for these EXEs...